Taylor swift

brettredmayne

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

The top thread is currently Wolf Alice. I don’t care about Wolf Alice. So I didn’t click on it. 

At least there’s a chance they might actually play Glastonbury albeit unlikely.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't click on the thread if you're not interested 

Don’t post on a Glastonbury forum about someone who clearly has no interest in playing the festival and isn’t playing the festival.

Edited by mungo57

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

2170.jpg?width=465&dpr=2&s=none

Was that for the year she confirmed a few years back?

if not then god help us all. The pyramid field will have extra areas everyone needs to it to enter. The screens will be behind the stage and you’ll need to pay for those as well. It’s going to be a nightmare. And I’ll be off enjoying all the other fun Glastonbury has to offer.

32 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

if not then god help us all. The pyramid field will have extra areas everyone needs to it to enter. The screens will be behind the stage and you’ll need to pay for those as well. It’s going to be a nightmare. And I’ll be off enjoying all the other fun Glastonbury has to offer.

Are you sure? Are you sure you’re not just going to plot up to tell everyone that she’s rubbish and they’re wrong to like her? Even though not doing that would be easier?

39 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I'm also furious about this imaginary scenario you've just plucked out your arse.

Some people are just looking for arguments eh.

Really serious scenes last night, her hotel and room number leaked online and fans stayed chanting there for hours. With loads of fans understanding last night’s cancellation, there were a few who were hoping she got murdering. Scary, I am wondering if she will take the stage tonight

27 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Are you sure? Are you sure you’re not just going to plot up to tell everyone that she’s rubbish and they’re wrong to like her? Even though not doing that would be easier?

I won't be anywhere near that woman

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm also furious about this imaginary scenario you've just plucked out your arse.

it's far from imaginary. Every tour date she's doing has such arrangements for pricing, and you can't say the screens behind the stage aren't true because they are.

Every single aspect of everything that woman does is to make the maximum amount of money she can out of Joe Punter. Not like she needs it is it?

I'm furious that people can't see that, on a moralistic level, she is mugging all of you lot off with everything she does.

Also her music is turgid filth but that's another point entirely.

Good luck getting Glastonbury tickets to all, by the way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

it's far from imaginary. Every tour date she's doing has such arrangements for pricing, and you can't say the screens behind the stage aren't true because they are.

Every single aspect of everything that woman does is to make the maximum amount of money she can out of Joe Punter. Not like she needs it is it?

I'm furious that people can't see that, on a moralistic level, she is mugging all of you lot off with everything she does.

It’s been talked about in here that tickets are pricey but certainly not out of the ordinary for a stadium tour, especially a 3.5 hour show.

a lot of us have already said we would t get a seat behind the stage.

Yes she’s a capitalist but isn’t almost every artist. 

I’m happy with my £75 ticket for upper tier Wembley, and I believe that is reasonable. It’s fine if you don’t, but there’s no need to pick such a strong right about it.

5 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

It’s been talked about in here that tickets are pricey but certainly not out of the ordinary for a stadium tour, especially a 3.5 hour show.

a lot of us have already said we would t get a seat behind the stage.

Yes she’s a capitalist but isn’t almost every artist. 

I’m happy with my £75 ticket for upper tier Wembley, and I believe that is reasonable. It’s fine if you don’t, but there’s no need to pick such a strong right about it.

doesn't matter if you or others on here don't want the behind the screen seats, its the mere fact she deems it so necessary to sell them that makes my blood boil.

Take advantage of your fans to the absolute max, charge them to watch you on a screen whilst pretending to care. You're better off paying to go to the cinema and be tortured through the Era's tour film than you are that.

The whole thing just stinks to me. At least at the o2 if you have a gods ticket you have a chance of seeing or hearing something. Top tier at Wembley you won't hear a f**king thing and you're being charged the same as other artists charge for basic stadium tour tickets (for example my standing tix for Foos at Olympic Stadium were only around £10 more than that and are comparatively the better purchase in terms of value.

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

doesn't matter if you or others on here don't want the behind the screen seats, its the mere fact she deems it so necessary to sell them that makes my blood boil.

Take advantage of your fans to the absolute max, charge them to watch you on a screen whilst pretending to care. You're better off paying to go to the cinema and be tortured through the Era's tour film than you are that.

The whole thing just stinks to me. At least at the o2 if you have a gods ticket you have a chance of seeing or hearing something. Top tier at Wembley you won't hear a f**king thing and you're being charged the same as other artists charge for basic stadium tour tickets (for example my standing tix for Foos at Olympic Stadium were only around £10 more than that and are comparatively the better purchase in terms of value.

If you hate her so much, comment elsewhere. 😊 

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

If people didn’t want to pay it they wouldn’t. If it’s that or not going at all some people are obviously happy to do so. I can’t understand the seethe about it. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to buy tickets for it. You’re allowed to dislike her, but stop trying to make it it’s some moral objective thing. It’s really not.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Omg what a baby ahahaha 

The ticket prices to see her are undeniably high, but that is naturally going to come with being the biggest star on the planet.

She’s doing a 3 hour, career defining setlist and putting on a spectacular show, so it’s not as if she’s short changing fans in any way - I think she does appreciate her fans. She does seem to be a decent honest person, who has gained stardom. It will also be her management being all the commercial decisions anyway, not sure how much of a say she really has.

Plus assuming she may want to start a family soon and this is probably her last tour for some time, she is entitled to ride the train for this tour I would say, and milk it as much as she can. 

Edited by st dan

32 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If people didn’t want to pay it they wouldn’t. If it’s that or not going at all some people are obviously happy to do so. I can’t understand the seethe about it. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to buy tickets for it. You’re allowed to dislike her, but stop trying to make it it’s some moral objective thing. It’s really not.

That’s not the point. If you can’t see the artist you’ve literally paid to see they shouldn’t offer the tickets. I’ve been to tons of stadium shows, never once have tickets behind the stage been sold. New level of f**kery that.

25 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Omg what a baby ahahaha 

Not being a baby, just calling out something I have every right to 👍

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

That’s not the point. If you can’t see the artist you’ve literally paid to see they shouldn’t offer the tickets. I’ve been to tons of stadium shows, never once have tickets behind the stage been sold. New level of f**kery that.

What about the people that want to buy those tickets. They shouldn't offer them because you think it's wrong?

45 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I don't think you really understand what's being sold.

80% of the show takes place on the stage located in middle of the floor, and those "behind the stage" tickets have a clear view of it.

Yes, they'd suck for the other 20% of the show that's at or closer to the end stage (and I wouldn't buy them for that reason), but that's why they're cheaper.

Should blind people have no interest in live music then?

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What about the people that want to buy those tickets. They shouldn't offer them because you think it's wrong?

They shouldn’t offer them because they’re behind the stage and only there to make extra money presumably. Why are those tickets for sale anyway? There’s only one reason I can think of - ‘to allow more fans to attend’ translates to ‘because Taylor wants another £100m this year’ or something to that effect. Unless they come with a disclaimer that says ‘behind the stage’ or something they shouldn’t be sold. Even then, they’re being sold purely to treat people as cash cows. As I’ve said, ive be done tons of stadium gigs, never once has a seat behind the stage been sold I don’t think. And if you have a restricted view the tickets say so at point of sale.

2 hours ago, incident said:

I don't think you really understand what's being sold.

80% of the show takes place on the stage located in middle of the floor, and those "behind the stage" tickets have a clear view of it.

Yes, they'd suck for the other 20% of the show that's at or closer to the end stage (and I wouldn't buy them for that reason), but that's why they're cheaper.

In that case that might make slightly more sense - if those seats are clearly advertised as ‘restricted view’ or similar to that when purchased. Again I could ask, if they offered you a ticket to the cinema for 20% less but then told you for the last half hour of the film you had to wear a blindfold would you bother? It seems those tickets are standard, clearly there for the extra £ and no other reason, which is why I think it’s wrong.

2 hours ago, mouserat said:

Should blind people have no interest in live music then?

Again - stop putting words in my mouth - clearly blind people can enjoy music. At least when they pay to see a gig they aren’t expecting anything other than what they know their personal limitations allow. If you are panicking to get a ticket and select ‘best available’ as most sites want you to now, and get a seat behind the stage that isn’t marked as restricted view, if they’re not, that’s just plain wrong.

Edited by mungo57

They shouldn’t offer them because they’re behind the stage and only there to make extra money presumably. Why are those tickets for sale anyway? There’s only one reason I can think of - ‘to allow more fans to attend’ translates to ‘because Taylor wants another £100m this year’ or something to that effect. Unless they come with a disclaimer that says ‘behind the stage’ or something they shouldn’t be sold. Even then, they’re being sold purely to treat people as cash cows. As I’ve said, ive be done tons of stadium gigs, never once has a seat behind the stage been sold I don’t think. And if you have a restricted view the tickets say so at point of sale.

In that case that might make slightly more sense - if those seats are clearly advertised as ‘restricted view’ or similar to that when purchased. Again I could ask, if they offered you a ticket to the cinema for 20% less but then told you for the last half hour of the film you had to wear a blindfold would you bother? It seems those tickets are standard, clearly there for the extra £ and no other reason, which is why I think it’s wrong.

Again - stop putting words in my mouth - clearly blind people can enjoy music. At least when they pay to see a gig they aren’t expecting anything other than what they know their personal limitations allow. If you are panicking to get a ticket and select ‘best available’ as most sites want you to now, and get a seat behind the stage that isn’t marked as restricted view, if they’re not, that’s just plain wrong.

You've made up the they don't disclaim where the seats are.