Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

14 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Yeah, our group has mostly sticked to wine spritz past few festivals. You're f**ked very quickly, it's cheap, and you'll keep yourself hydrated. Can't go wrong with this combo! 

wine spritz is really overprized. if somebody would tell me here in austria that on a festival spritzer is 7,20 euros whilst beer is 4,30 i wouldnt believe them. one because its normally around the the same price and two because 7,20 is a lot even for austria

f**kin hell we were walking around site and drunkenly,  randomly stumbled on the build-up of the secret party…. I think it’s not fair to anyone if i spoil anything but guys it’s 100% happening!! Good luck and i grasp what this post is going to do to people… 😄 

if you’ve been to previous ones years ago there is a bit of logic… i made a pic of building so later after the festival i can confirm i wasn’t talking sh*t 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyebrain said:

f**kin hell we were walking around site and drunkenly,  randomly stumbled on the build-up of the secret party…. I think it’s not fair to anyone if i spoil anything but guys it’s 100% happening!! Good luck and i grasp what this post is going to do to people… 😄 

if you’ve been to previous ones years ago there is a bit of logic… i made a pic of building so later after the festival i can confirm i wasn’t talking sh*t 😄 

What’s a secret party tho? Where one might catch it?

19 minutes ago, Akujin said:

What’s a secret party tho? Where one might catch it?

It's a venue that's hidden from the maps. Literally a secret party! Like, you open the door to a random toilet and there's the surprise: you end up at a party, in a room with a few dozens of people, there's music, lights, everything!

So you can go through one of the toilets. Nobody knows which one. I haven't been for ages!

I think if you actively search for it you'll find it by the end of the festival, although it gets crowded when more and more people find out.

Edited by kristofm
  • Upvote 2

Food places where they dont F you over (all of them can be found in Sziget)

- Zing: one of the most popular places in Budapest, burgers

- crunchy: owned by same people, food made of organic chicken, burgers

- Smokey monkies: one of my favourite places in BP, american style smoket meat and burgers

- burger bár-hol: a place with good rep, you guessed it, burgers

- unicorn: owned by an influencer in hungary, ok place, you wont get sick

- aldi

Unfortunately, still no neapolitan pizzas, but at least we've got some quality burgers. Feel free to make additions based on your experience!

Edited by kristofm
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, activean said:

Main stage feels so empty, arrived 5 minutes before Fender and I'm closer to the stage than most of the times last year or overlapping with the rest of the stages is so much better

Edit: Terrible crowd. No one around me cares about what is happening on stage, just talking and photos

3 hours ago, activean said:

Main stage feels so empty, arrived 5 minutes before Fender and I'm closer to the stage than most of the times last year or overlapping with the rest of the stages is so much better

Nobody cares about Fender outside the UK 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

first day was great.

the activities at the festival are sooo great that the line up doesnt matter.

with that being said, the prices are insane!

35€ for a regular t-shirt, 45€ for bands shirts?!

the food prices are 50% higher then last year, and i need too eat two dishes because it's too small..

lets just hope the weather during the days stay the same and the nights will be a bit warmer.

5 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

first day was great.

the activities at the festival are sooo great that the line up doesnt matter.

with that being said, the prices are insane!

35€ for a regular t-shirt, 45€ for bands shirts?!

the food prices are 50% higher then last year, and i need too eat two dishes because it's too small..

lets just hope the weather during the days stay the same and the nights will be a bit warmer.

I paid 50€ for Tame Impala t-shirt last year, so merch prices looks fine to me this year idk

On 8/9/2023 at 11:50 PM, kristofm said:

It's a venue that's hidden from the maps. Literally a secret party! Like, you open the door to a random toilet and there's the surprise

Found it 🙂

The look on the faces of people next to it is pure gold

Edited by activean

On 8/11/2023 at 11:01 AM, Newjem said:

Yung Lean cancelled his performance at Grape festival so I guess he won’t show up at Sziget either. That would be one main stage slot to fill.

They will probably leave it empty. It’s tok late. Unless it’s a Hungarian band. He is still on the app tho.