Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

30 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Maybe that Main Stage slot was meant to be for a Hungarian act but they saw that Mumfords day isn't selling well, so they brought Tom Grennan in.

I suspect you're bang-on with this. 

He's headlining Summer Well in Romania and I was surprised he wasn't announced to begin with

Is he likely to sub, do we think? He's certainly bigger than Arlo Parks in the UK.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

He's headlining Summer Well in Romania and I was surprised he wasn't announced to begin with

Is he likely to sub, do we think? He's certainly bigger than Arlo Parks in the UK.

He should definitely sub Mumford and Sons, but I guess it depends if that position has been promised to, and included in the contract of, another act or not.

20 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I don’t necessarily think that works. I’m pretty sure he is not a well known name in Hungary at all.

So it won’t sell tickets for Hungarians. And most people from the UK buy a full week ticket I suspect.

So I personally doubt that it will particularly help Saturday ticket sales.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Akujin said:

I don’t necessarily think that works. I’m pretty sure he is not a well known name in Hungary at all.

So it won’t sell tickets for Hungarians. And most people from the UK buy a full week ticket I suspect.

So I personally doubt that it will particularly help Saturday ticket sales.

Is Arlo Parks known in Hungary?

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Is Arlo Parks known in Hungary?

You are missing the point. No one bought a day ticket for Arlo either. Im not saying there arent a few thousand people in Hungary who like him, but not nearly strong enough to impact daily sales.

So I only argued against the point that they brought him in to increase saturday daily sales. And that wont happen in any significant way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

You are missing the point. No one bought a day ticket for Arlo either. Im not saying there arent a few thousand people in Hungary who like him, but not nearly strong enough to impact daily sales.

So I only argued against the point that they brought him in to increase saturday daily sales. And that wont happen in any significant way.

He's playing on Sunday so his inclusion definitely won't increase Saturday ticket sales 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

does anyone know when will we get the running order ? I can't remember from last years...

They commented on one of their posts that it's coming this month 

I still wonder why they posted it on the website and then took it down

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moran said:

They commented on one of their posts that it's coming this month 

I still wonder why they posted it on the website and then took it down

they added tons of now acts for all the small stages.

maybe they're switching running order etc.  as they book more acts and want to give it all at once.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt86 said:

does anyone know when will we get the running order ? I can't remember from last years...

Last time it came out in July, about a month before the festival started, so I think we've still got some time on our hands.

• Thanks 1

Ok Taylor Swift just announced her European show for 2024.. guess what, she has no dates in Hungary, AND she's available in August, like she has a show the 9 august in Vienna, and the 16 august in London... Considering Sziget will celebrate their 30th anniversary...

1st headliner confirmed ^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Ok Taylor Swift just announced her European show for 2024.. guess what, she has no dates in Hungary, AND she's available in August, like she has a show the 9 august in Vienna, and the 16 august in London... Considering Sziget will celebrate their 30th anniversary...

It's a stadium & arena tour, so if she comes to Sziget they will have to pay her a lot to have her as a "festival exclusive" or something.

2 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Coldplay and The Weeknd all over again 🤦‍♂️ not happening...

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

It's a stadium & arena tour, so if she comes to Sziget they will have to pay her a lot to have her as a "festival exclusive" or something.

21 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Coldplay and The Weeknd all over again 🤦‍♂️ not happening...

so none of you think the 30th anniversary desearve something unique ... ok lol, I'm sure it will, but I respect your opinions ^^

24 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

so none of you think the 30th anniversary desearve something unique ... ok lol, I'm sure it will, but I respect your opinions ^^

25th anniversary headliners: P!nk, Kasabian, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Major Lazer, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, The Chainsmokers, Wiz Khalifa. 

(although undercard was impressive)

40 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

25th anniversary headliners: P!nk, Kasabian, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Major Lazer, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, The Chainsmokers, Wiz Khalifa. 

(although undercard was impressive)

(Pink in 2017 was a great catch, she only did 3 festivals at this time, and the 2 others were "1 day = 1 artist" festival stuff) And yeah, the undercard was amazing 🥰

+, Taylor Swift being free for 6 days during Sziget 2024 period ... no..? you don't think that's the kind of artist Sziget would target for a 30th anniversary ? I'm like 90% sure. And ready to apologize if I'm wrong lol 😅

But hey, I wish she's not here in 2024, I'm not a fan 😕

15 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

+, Taylor Swift being free for 6 days during Sziget 2024 period ... no..? you don't think that's the kind of artist Sziget would target for a 30th anniversary ? I'm like 90% sure. And ready to apologize if I'm wrong lol 😅

No, she's way too expensive and has her own stage/production which is not suited for festivals. It looks like she's not even doing Glastonbury. And don't take all these anniversaries too seriously, it's just a smart marketing which helps them selling tickets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

They will, ask Rihanna.

6 hours ago, Akujin said:

Most of the stage times are back on the app as of today!

First advice everyone: if you don't like the Girl in Red / Billie Eilish style (unfortunately, I do), go to Bohemian Betyars, it's going to be fun.