Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

10 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

That's probably no surprise at this relatively late stage, but that gap between Easy Life and Yungblud on the main stage is crying out for a 'name' act.

My guess is there will be no gaps and the 3rd act will play at 17.15 and they'll get a new Hungarian for 4pm.

Or they get some super huge Hungarian name for 17.45 like Azahriah though he played last year as well if I remember correctly.

Do you guys think that the park camping is worth it?

I’ve been going back and forth about it for weeks now.

I’m not fussed about the extra security because I won’t be keeping much value in the tent when I’m not there.

My only concern is that I want a nice quiet place and I am a bit worried that if I won’t get the early move in ticket than the nice free spots will be gone.

Also the wifi is a nice addition.

They also say you get free access to showers, is that not the case in the free camping areas? Or is it way to packed? Having to queue less would also be nice.

2 hours ago, Akujin said:

Do you guys think that the park camping is worth it?

I’ve been going back and forth about it for weeks now.

I’m not fussed about the extra security because I won’t be keeping much value in the tent when I’m not there.

My only concern is that I want a nice quiet place and I am a bit worried that if I won’t get the early move in ticket than the nice free spots will be gone.

Also the wifi is a nice addition.

They also say you get free access to showers, is that not the case in the free camping areas? Or is it way to packed? Having to queue less would also be nice.

Can't comment about the location and availability as I have not been to Park. But as I've been to many other campsites - wifi is only available at the entrance. Access to showers means there is a separate shower block in the campsite, meaning it is usually less crowded and cleaner than public ones, which is great. 

1 hour ago, eyebrain said:

Can't comment about the location and availability as I have not been to Park. But as I've been to many other campsites - wifi is only available at the entrance. Access to showers means there is a separate shower block in the campsite, meaning it is usually less crowded and cleaner than public ones, which is great. 

Thanks! And do you know what it’s like to find a decent spot if you obly arrive on the official first day and not two days prior?

54 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Thanks! And do you know what it’s like to find a decent spot if you obly arrive on the official first day and not two days prior?

Really hard to tell... top spots are definitely gone, but it shouldn't be TOO bad if you arrive first thing in the morning... It's a guess but I'd say campsite is filled about 65% before first day. 

I'd advise to arrive day early just to get the atmosphere of the place and get everything settled. I find it too hectic myself to put my tent up and go see a band straight away. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Really hard to tell... top spots are definitely gone, but it shouldn't be TOO bad if you arrive first thing in the morning... It's a guess but I'd say campsite is filled about 65% before first day. 

I'd advise to arrive day early just to get the atmosphere of the place and get everything settled. I find it too hectic myself to put my tent up and go see a band straight away. 

Thanks! Although I will say that it is a bit insane to me that you have to pay extra just so that you can set up your tent a bit before the festival…

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

Thanks! Although I will say that it is a bit insane to me that you have to pay extra just so that you can set up your tent a bit before the festival…

I do agree… especially at this price. There’s nothing going on at the island and it costs the same as you’d pay for a concert ticket.. 

we’ve ended up going to the city each year for final civilized dinner. 

Any idea where stage times could still be checked? It pretty much disappeared from everywhere. I even checked different languages because there used to be a timetable at some languages but no longer. No you can't even see stage time when you click into an artist. Super annoying.

12 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

hungarian artists announced.

i guess all the big stages are full now.

is there anything more to come?

Where? Is this some new info i missed? Edit: found it, insta

Edited by kristofm

Why have all the timings been removed from the acts' bios? I realise there were some mistakes but why let them go live in the first place if they were just going to take them down again? 

Also, why have Carson Coma on the main stage two years running? Unless they're going up the bill and playing between Easy Life and Yungblud? Are they massive in Hungary and other mainland European countries?

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Why have all the timings been removed from the acts' bios? I realise there were some mistakes but why let them go live in the first place if they were just going to take them down again? 

Also, why have Carson Coma on the main stage two years running? Unless they're going up the bill and playing between Easy Life and Yungblud? Are they massive in Hungary and other mainland European countries?

They're big in Hungary. Not an international name, but they'll have a sold out gig in front of 12 000 people in 10 days, no tickets left, not even on ticketswap, in a country of less than 10 million people that's big. Just released a new album as well.

Plus they're the kind of band that most people don't have problems with, they are a "safe" name, if you have to listen to them the worst case is you'll get bored but you won't hate it, so it's a safe choice.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Maybe they're making changes, because they thought they'll get some new names for specific slots, but they didn't work out in the end (like the "wet leg time slot" as we call it, it could be that the 4pm act gets that one and someone's moving over from a38 to fill the 4pm main stage slot, etc.).

Does anyone know if the K Bridge will be decorated this year? Really missed it last year and we have some new people coming with us in 2023, it would be great for them to see. I'm sure someone, somewhere said it was to do with planning from Budapeat council. Just wondering, if this is the case, whether planning has been granted for the decs this year?

8 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Does anyone know if the K Bridge will be decorated this year? Really missed it last year and we have some new people coming with us in 2023, it would be great for them to see. I'm sure someone, somewhere said it was to do with planning from Budapeat council. Just wondering, if this is the case, whether planning has been granted for the decs this year?

Locals can confirm if that was the case but in the press release they said that K-Bridge has gotten some renovation and therefore they are hoping local municipality will now give permission to decorate it again. It was not fully confirmed at this point. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, activean said:

Unlike last year, it seems like some festivals could struggle with ticket sales. How do you think Sziget will do? There is a lot of promotion and Win tickets kind of posts

I think the line-up's better this year than last. That said, they only have one mega name (Billie) and I think they needed another tbh. Think the whole line-up is four or five impressive names short of being excellent. 

I think it'll sell well - day tickets for Imagine Dragons and Billie Eilish are at the highest tier so will be busy days. Only Mumford and Sons is still at the lowest tier - no great surprise there!

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I think the line-up's better this year than last. That said, they only have one mega name (Billie) and I think they needed another tbh. Think the whole line-up is four or five impressive names short of being excellent. 

I think it'll sell well - day tickets for Imagine Dragons and Billie Eilish are at the highest tier so will be busy days. Only Mumford and Sons is still at the lowest tier - no great surprise there!

Excellent undercards save the Mumford day. But yeah I would not buy a day ticket for undercards only.

10 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

It's so interesting that I talk to most of my friends and they're like "this year's line up sucks, last year there was Dua Lipa, AM, Justin Bieber, now it's only Billie Eilish". Like, most of them barely look below the headliners (and they don't really know most of the undercards anyway).

I personally don't feel that the headliners are really great, but two of my older friends disagreed heavily because they know Lorde/Macklemore/Imagine Dragons/Florence, but don't know some of the names that are trending and would be hot names today.But overall, I'm okay with the lineup, I've got my great undercards every year, so I'm satisfied fully.

Edited by kristofm

Some of my friends will join Sziget as usual and some won't. Those who won't come this year didn't come last year as well. The main reason is that lots of the bigger names are just repeated from previous recent years and/or because there's a lack of bigger rock names (not necessarily headliner level acts).

I'm OK with the lineup but I agree that it would have been nice to have some bigger rock acts on the poster.

• Upvote 1