Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

I just realized on the sziget website, that every act has now the stage they're commited to .. in case you guys didn't know, its pretty interesting 😉

Niall Horan on the main stage as expected then. I remember when I speculated he'd get added to the line up and someone said he'd be an A38 tent opener 🤣

1 minute ago, poelim said:

I agree but i remember 2018 NBT played A38 and it was PACKED, it was insane. Therefore i think main stage would fit better this time

Yeah it was also packed because it was hailing down outside if I remember correctly 

Quick maths, announced so far:

10 Aug - 3 main stage acts, 5 Freedome acts

11 Aug - 3 main stage acts, 3 Freedome acts

12 Aug - 3 main stage acts, 5 Freedome acts

13 Aug - 0 main stage acts, 4 Freedome acts

14 Aug - 0 main stage acts, 1 Freedome act

15 Aug - 1 main stage act, 3 Freedome acts

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Glastonbury is his retirement show, being billed as the last gig he’ll ever play. I’d be absolutely astounded if it was him. 

Not true, the show is billed as "the last UK date of his last ever tour", allowing in theory further tour dates outside of UK or more UK dates outside of his farewell tour.

That doesn't really make him any more likely though.

Throwing Editors and Rag'n'Bone man into the mix (both in Bratislava days after) can't remember them being mentioned before. 

On the other side, now knowing a huge part of announcement will be Party arena artist, i'm trying to lower my expectations. 

Edited by activean

Interesting that we appear to only be expecting 8 'known' names for the main stage, given that the first acts each day tends to be relatively unknown.

That first day of Florence, Sam Fender and Foals, one after the other, on the main stage is a dream trio for me. Certainly Sam and Foals would've both appeared in my top 5 wishlist ahead of the festival, with Florence not far behind.

NBT and Frank Carter in the Freedome together on the Sunday might indicate that their day is the one where Lorde will be on the main stage. It'll be interesting to see how the Freedome lines up that day, with NBT and M83 both playing.

37 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

NBT and Frank Carter in the Freedome together on the Sunday might indicate that their day is the one where Lorde will be on the main stage. It'll be interesting to see how the Freedome lines up that day, with NBT and M83 both playing.

I believe Lorde is headlining on Monday. And Sunday programme in FreeDome is pretty much lined up already - there's only one spot left during the day (+ some DJ's for the night).

Edited by Newjem

10 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I believe Lorde is headlining on Monday. And Sunday programme in FreeDome is pretty much lined up already - there's only one spot left during the day (+ some DJ's for the night).

Always happy to be corrected. I don't suppose you know who's headlining the Sunday then? 😉

Edited by billybigballs

5 hours ago, davidoffescassi said:

Everything was packed on the tents because there was a heavy rain. I was watching The War on Drugs under the rain and was MAGICAL

Yeah, exactly. One of the most magical Sziget atmosphere there!

Along with Foo Fighters during storm  with lights off.

2 minutes ago, activean said:

30 names been added

FB_IMG_1678359011991.jpg

I'm not sure who's new and who's not on that list - I'm losing track! Quite a lot of acts being shared with Sziget though. If we are to share more, I'd like Bicep (I think most of us would), Underworld, Turnstile, boygenius, Bombay Bicycle Club. But they might all have been in the first announcement!

• Upvote 1