Shambala 2022

Skip997

23 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

Am I the only one who’s noticed they’ve updated their alcohol allowance from ‘personal consumption’ to 8 cans per person.

whilst simultaneously complaining that festivals are too expensive and we should be donating money to let other people afford to go. 

This does seem like a last minute change. I checked the FAQ on Monday, as it was linked from their information newsletter. It didn't mention 8 cans, only a "reasonable amount". Now just a few days later it's been updated to give a "guideline" of 8 cans.

That's a bit unfortunate for me to find out, as I went to the supermarket last night for my supplies. Since it's a "guideline" I would imagine it's not enforced. Enforcement was literally non-existent at other festivals with supposedly "strict" can limits I went to this year.

6 minutes ago, Sku said:

This does seem like a last minute change. I checked the FAQ on Monday, as it was linked from their information newsletter. It didn't mention 8 cans, only a "reasonable amount". Now just a few days later it's been updated to give a "guideline" of 8 cans.

That's a bit unfortunate for me to find out, as I went to the supermarket last night for my supplies. Since it's a "guideline" I would imagine it's not enforced. Enforcement was literally non-existent at other festivals with supposedly "strict" can limits I went to this year.

They’ve never cared in the past, I had 2 crates and a litre of vodka for Boomtown and still managed to spend £300 or so, I don’t feel like I’m ripping the festival off by having a few cans. 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:44 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have semi-retired / almost fully retired from festivals. However, I have just put my hat in the ring to 'win' two tickets to Shambala by donating £5 to charity. If it's a win if I win, and if it's a lose,  somebody else wins - result.

You've got to love the good folk behind the festival. It was the first festival that I went to that was 'green' beyond compare, at that time. Way ahead of the game.

Anyway, that's enough of the sycophantic behaviour.

It is a great festival though.

Enjoy.

Really hope that you're the winner, I've just got a last minute invitation. Haven't been since the early days. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Really hope that you're the winner, I've just got a last minute invitation. Haven't been since the early days. 

Brilliant, it's such a great little festival. I'm traveling up tomorrow.

Edited by Skip997

Been off here since Glasto, but also working at Shambala, will be my first time! Looks so fun, love the look of the creativity, green credentials and small venues. Been digging out lots of fun Fancy dress to wear!

23 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Any idea who the Saturday night secret surprise headliner is? First time at Shambala, looking forward to it with Oxfam. 

Ohhhhh this is news to me. Where did you hear about the secret?

Heading as a punter rather than a worker but will keep an eye out for you all in your Oxfam hi-viz.

Hope everyone has a great one and the weather holds out nicely for us all 🥰

30 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Heading as a punter rather than a worker but will keep an eye out for you all in your Oxfam hi-viz.

The line up as per the app for the main stage on Saturday night is ‘Top Secret Headliner’……I am not really that bothered given I will be probably be on shift knowing my luck, but am a little intrigued.  I thought Boomtown were brave in holding back the line up to a few days before the festival but this takes it even further!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gherring8 said:

Weather forecast looks perfect at the moment. Fingers crossed

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

The line up as per the app for the main stage on Saturday night is ‘Top Secret Headliner’……I am not really that bothered given I will be probably be on shift knowing my luck, but am a little intrigued.  I thought Boomtown were brave in holding back the line up to a few days before the festival but this takes it even further!

Also promises "big singalongs and birthday party vibes" which seems to narrow the options somewhat.

My gut reaction was Kool and The Gang, but they're in the US so I'm stuck for ideas.

4 hours ago, incident said:

Also promises "big singalongs and birthday party vibes" which seems to narrow the options somewhat.

My gut reaction was Kool and The Gang, but they're in the US so I'm stuck for ideas.

Same with Nile Rodgers and Chic. Pretty active on the circuit and seem to fit the brief. But alas they are in the US too.