Tramlines 2023 and Hillsborough Gigs

stanh

8 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

The lack of headliners I mentioned has just shone through with the Kendal Calling line up. There is next to no one new or inspiring around this year. Blue Dot has done a decent job scraping something together.

Superstruct has more or less acquired all remaining shares in festivals they invested in. So get ready for cost cutting and samey line ups for a few years. 

Tbf, I actually thought Kasabian and Royal Blood (plus Nile Rodgers for a Thursday) we’re good headers for Kendall.

Jamiraqoui for Victorious was a nice surprise too.

I do 100% get you though as that pool of headers will just rotate.  For instance a couple had Kasabian last year and obvs they’re at Kendall and I’d be amazed if they’re not at Victorious.  Heaton & Abbott are a smaller header as are Blossoms and I’d imagine they’ll both do a couple each too. 

3 hours ago, SleepingGiants said:

Nah just said they won't be at 2023, but said very potentially 2024. I didn't ask about any other dates.

They are the kind of act that will alternate doing year in / year out until the end of time at superstruct fests i reckon

1 minute ago, SleepingGiants said:

Tbh given the success of their new record, could be subbing next year.

Based on a quick look none of the singles are doing anything on their spotify, one is 8th and the other is 10th on the list. Only just came out so hard to say i guess

- seen its number 1 but indie acts do that all the time with preorder bundles etc, look at say Inhaler for comparison ... maybe they will but i'd give it a few weeks to settle at least

25 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Feel they are incredibly unlikely but 1975 would be an unreal headliner. Think there could’ve been a chance a year or two back when their stock was lower when they headlined boardmasters but in all honesty feel they have risen right back up and have a show worthy of glasto headliners

No chance. 

25 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Feel they are incredibly unlikely but 1975 would be an unreal headliner. Think there could’ve been a chance a year or two back when their stock was lower when they headlined boardmasters but in all honesty feel they have risen right back up and have a show worthy of glasto headliners

Yes they would be

But the chance is 0%

FYI

Was told today the headliners were Blossoms, Jamiroquio, Paul Heaton

Just now, SleepingGiants said:

Yes they would be

But the chance is 0%

FYI

That’ll go down like a lead balloon. Don’t mind blossoms, and don’t mind the other two, but that is a weak trio and janiroquai and Paul heaton are both sunday headliners really. Here’s hoping tother stage has a good alternative that is a bit younger 

1 minute ago, stanh said:

Ahhhhh fair enough, thinking about it I remember tickets being in like Tier 5(?) last year. 

Someone more informed than me said they were going very well.  Agree with you though if that’s the 3… people won’t be happy. They need a Royal Blood or someone of that size to replace Blossoms. 

Just now, sisco said:

Someone more informed than me said they were going very well.  Agree with you though if that’s the 3… people won’t be happy. They need a Royal Blood or someone of that size to replace Blossoms. 

Yeahh, quite a swerve from Sam Fender, Kasabian and Madness last year. Obviously not expecting someone of Fender's size there, but neither Blossoms or Royal Blood excite me much. Think we could possibly see The Lathums getting a high slot, and as previously mentioned, Example getting a decent slot too. Can't see that trio going down very well at all, unless there are some decent (and strong) bookings below. 

There's a reason they've dragged their heels with this one...

Media team completely in fear of the almighty backlash once the lineup is released.

Let's just say anyone expecting a kick-on from Sam Fender, Kasabian and Madness is in for a rude awakening - especially considering the increasing price point and cost-of-living crisis.

2 hours ago, Samjones said:

It's been interesting to see their rise for sure. I photographed them at the Academy back in 2014. Of the 3 acts on the night, I was most impressed with Wolf Alice. Actually, would be very happy to see WA at Tramlines, but don't think they're touring atm.

4 hours ago, Samjones said:

Incredibly unlikely is being optimistic. They're a complete non starter. 

4 hours ago, SleepingGiants said:

Yikes. If true that's shocking. Two Tramlines Sunday headliners and a very weak Fri/Sat one (and I really like blossoms). Undercard better blow me away or I won't be getting first release tickets for next year. 

2 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

It's been interesting to see their rise for sure. I photographed them at the Academy back in 2014. Of the 3 acts on the night, I was most impressed with Wolf Alice. Actually, would be very happy to see WA at Tramlines, but don't think they're touring atm.

Would personally love a wolf alice headline but doesn’t fit tramlines I don’t think

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Wolf Alice were excellent at Leeds Fest and disagree, think they would be perfect for Tramlines.

As much as I’d love to be proven wrong and would love this as a booking I just don’t think it fits the generic, mainstream popular indie choices of tramlines

5 hours ago, sisco said:

that would make an even older lineup

its paul heaton who has to go really

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

that would make an even older lineup

its paul heaton who has to go really

Agreed, even more baffling since he’s headlined the arena in the last few months so don’t really see the desire for them. As much as Jamie T played the o2 so that argument works against him as well I feel a trio of Jamie t, blossoms and jamiroquai would be better received