Tramlines 2023 and Hillsborough Gigs

stanh

Just now, Dales said:

Fairly sure they are on the Benicassim poster for  next year and so are at least active, They would be a good fit for a number of the mid size UK festivals and would expect them to crop up all over the place.

You’re right, they were great at ynot a few years back and feel they would be a good fit for tramlines with a strong back catalogue

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Have to think about what size Fender was when he was booked - he looks huge now (and he is, of course), but when they handed the money over he was a LOT smaller

Fender was up and coming. Blossoms are on the decline in terms of commercial popularity anyway, none of their albums have reached the commercial success of their first.

4 hours ago, James4 said:

Fender was up and coming. Blossoms are on the decline in terms of commercial popularity anyway, none of their albums have reached the commercial success of their first.

I didn't mean to link Blossoms to Fender, i think i made that unclear.

Fender is a once in ten years kind of indie act, nobody has grown at the speed he has for a long time. They can't just book that every year!

Blossoms are steadily continuing to grow in terms of shows / headline slots - hardly the worst booking imo if they are struggling for headliners

Edited by gfa

I would just about be OK with Blossoms Headlining.  Have subbed and been third on line up before at Tramlines and certainly when subbed were very polished.   Would say they are of a similar level to Two Door when they headlined and they were excellent.

I am still hoping Gerry gets plucked out but he seems to be quiet at the moment.

3 hours ago, swede said:

Do you think they'd potentially have Jamie T and Blossoms headline in the same year, its 2 out of 3 that aren't established headliners. This year had a prefect mix of a new headline in Fender, established headliner in Kasabian, and a heritage band in Madness. 

Jamie T feels like a sensible headliner of a good size - probably a similar weight to The Streets who they had headline last year

41 minutes ago, James4 said:

FRIDAY: Dermot Kennedy, Franz Ferdinand, Milburn

SATURDAY: Jamie T, Bloc Party, Anne-Marie 

SUNDAY: The Libertines, Paul Heaton, Maximo Park

About right.

Not sure Libs are up for it honestly - their festival headline slots have been shrinking at a crazy speed, they are mostly headlining 5-10k events now.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not sure Libs are up for it honestly - their festival headline slots have been shrinking at a crazy speed, they are mostly headlining 5-10k events now.

But they represent a very cheap option for SS, looks good on the poster and will attract a large crowd. Headlines R&L only 7 years ago, whether their performances are good is a different issue...

50 minutes ago, James4 said:

FRIDAY: Dermot Kennedy, Franz Ferdinand, Milburn

SATURDAY: Jamie T, Bloc Party, Anne-Marie 

SUNDAY: The Libertines, Paul Heaton, Maximo Park

About right.

With regards to Milburn, it is worth noting lead guitarist Tom Rowley is free across the weekend due to a break in Arctic Monkeys tour dates...

13 hours ago, James4 said:

But they represent a very cheap option for SS, looks good on the poster and will attract a large crowd. Headlines R&L only 7 years ago, whether their performances are good is a different issue...

7 years is a long time.

They haven't maintained their stock at all, they play about 20 festivals here every summer and haven't released any noteworthy new music, it was inevitable they'd drop

2 hours ago, Samjones said:

I’m starting to think for my guess I’ll go for

Friday - Jamie T, Franz Ferdinand 

Saturday - Noel, Fontaines D.C.

Sunday - Jamiroquai, Tom Grennan

Jamiroquai seems like an obvious choice given the fact Tramlines and Victorious share at least 2 headliners, but I can't see where he fits in...

Think Paul Heaton pretty nailed on for a spot on the bill, same with Franz Ferdinand. Noel seems unlikely to me, and Jamie T had obviously been suggested to me by a decent source already.

Tom Grennan doesn't really fit the usually sub act, usually more indie band style - think it will be Bloc Party.

9 minutes ago, James4 said:

Jamiroquai seems like an obvious choice given the fact Tramlines and Victorious share at least 2 headliners, but I can't see where he fits in...

Think Paul Heaton pretty nailed on for a spot on the bill, same with Franz Ferdinand. Noel seems unlikely to me, and Jamie T had obviously been suggested to me by a decent source already.

Tom Grennan doesn't really fit the usually sub act, usually more indie band style - think it will be Bloc Party.

Sunday is often a bit more pop/family/older act orientated which I feel janiroquai would be ace for. Would also love Nile and chic back but feel it’s too soon after 2019. Staying on that Tom is now a bit more pop and mainstream so fits that criteria with de La soul, rag n bone man, dizzee doing that spot in the past (not indie are they?)

22 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Sunday is often a bit more pop/family/older act orientated which I feel janiroquai would be ace for. Would also love Nile and chic back but feel it’s too soon after 2019. Staying on that Tom is now a bit more pop and mainstream so fits that criteria with de La soul, rag n bone man, dizzee doing that spot in the past (not indie are they?)

No but Dizzee is a completely different kettle of fish to Rag N Bone man who you also mentioned. I just don't see Tom Grennan as anything other than a T'Other Stage headline, as a Becky Hill sort of act.

3 hours ago, James4 said:

No but Dizzee is a completely different kettle of fish to Rag N Bone man who you also mentioned. I just don't see Tom Grennan as anything other than a T'Other Stage headline, as a Becky Hill sort of act.

Fair point. Get what you are saying and agree somewhat but I feel he is poss slightly too big now for the tother stage and that especially with his first album he is accessible enough to indie fans to sub the main stage

4 hours ago, James4 said:

They generally only share 1 headliner.  Although there has been 1 year they shared 2. 

54 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Are Fontaines around headline level now? They're a massive ticket shifter for sure, maybe they need to do an arena tour first

think they'll headline like truck maybe this year, build up to tramlines as its a fair fair bit bigger