Tramlines 2023 and Hillsborough Gigs

stanh

On 11/2/2022 at 9:08 PM, gfa said:

I guess they do always have one weak headliner. But when they do someone a bit bigger than Bloc Party tends to sub - maybe bigger is the wrong word but more landfill indie.

I think they can do better than Kaisers is what i'm saying i guess - and even if they do get Kaisers they'd pick Courteeners to headline over them 100%. I doubt courteeners would play anyway they have the fairly nearby Heaton Park show to sell

They sold Heaton Park out within an hour. 

Looking at who has not been announced as yet by other none SuperStruct Festival's (TRNSMT, Latitude, Neighbourhood, IOW etc) list below of realistic potential Headliners and Subs IMO.

Headliners - Gerry Cinnamon, Stereophonics, Wolf Alice, Noel Gallagher, Blossoms, BBC, TDCC, Tom Grennan, Little Symz, AJ Tracey, Fontaines DC, 

Subs - DMA's, The Snuts, Self Esteem, The Charlatans, Franz Ferdinand, Libertines, Reytons, The Lathums

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Looking at who has not been announced as yet by other none SuperStruct Festival's (TRNSMT, Latitude, Neighbourhood, IOW etc) list below of realistic potential Headliners and Subs IMO.

Headliners - Gerry Cinnamon, Stereophonics, Wolf Alice, Noel Gallagher, Blossoms, BBC, TDCC, Tom Grennan, Little Symz, AJ Tracey, Fontaines DC, 

Subs - DMA's, The Snuts, Self Esteem, The Charlatans, Franz Ferdinand, Libertines, Reytons, The Lathums

Tom Grennan is surely not headlining. Simz is loved on here but not too sure either - quite far from the indie they generally book which would be fine if she was bigger but shes on the smaller side i'd say

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Tom Grennan is surely not headlining. Simz is loved on here but not too sure either - quite far from the indie they generally book which would be fine if she was bigger but shes on the smaller side i'd say

I reckon she’s headlining Standon. Not that it means anything… but still 😂

On 11/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Don't think Little Simz or Tom Grennan would headline. Little Simz maybe headline T'Other Stage. Think Franz Ferdinand or The libertines more likely to headline than either of those

2 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Saw Jamie T last night and feel he would be the perfect Friday night sub headliner. An hours set would be perfect filled with countless well known and loved tunes. Would be a great fit imo

Still would not surprise me if he was headlining festivals like this, Truck, Kendall etc…

16 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Any updates on first phase line up release date anyone ??

No inside info but they have restarted their socials, made their first post on TikTok since July, more tweets than anytime since July, so I think they're clearly gearing up for the initial announcement.

Before the end of the month I imagine.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiants said:

No inside info but they have restarted their socials, made their first post on TikTok since July, more tweets than anytime since July, so I think they're clearly gearing up for the initial announcement.

Before the end of the month I imagine.

Tramlines, Y Not and Truck all announced in  November last year.  Like you’ve said Tramlines plus the others have restarted their social media.  

I’d expect posts next week saying they’re announcing the following. 

22 hours ago, sisco said:

Tramlines, Y Not and Truck all announced in  November last year.  Like you’ve said Tramlines plus the others have restarted their social media.  

I’d expect posts next week saying they’re announcing the following. 

It's difficult to predict as well because none of the announced feats really shared much with Tramlines last year.

LAST YEAR:

TRNSMT and Tramlines shared Sam Fender.

IOW and Tramlines shared Kasabian and The Vaccines.

And IOW, Tramlines and TRNSMT all shared Self Esteem and Sigrid.

So based on that there is not much crossover, especially in terms of headline acts.

On 11/7/2022 at 2:57 PM, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Once again throwing my hat in the prediction ring for Blossoms. Saw them at Rock City last night, the energy of the crowd there was far more fitting of a festival appearance than a 2,000 capacity venue!

6 hours ago, WRhodes493 said:

Once again throwing my hat in the prediction ring for Blossoms. Saw them at Rock City last night, the energy of the crowd there was far more fitting of a festival appearance than a 2,000 capacity venue!

I'd hope not headlining. I think they'd be a very good main stage sub (on pair with James, Vaccines, Wombats) but a pretty poor headline tbh

3 hours ago, SleepingGiants said:

I'd hope not headlining. I think they'd be a very good main stage sub (on pair with James, Vaccines, Wombats) but a pretty poor headline tbh

They were 3rd below a co at IOW you'll be ok

They only really headline up north