Volunteering 2023

neil93

56 minutes ago, franks said:

Yeah I had about 10 distill monitors tracking the same thing set up at 5 second intervals but all staggered, which did become a bit of a nightmare when they all went off, but made it more likely to pick something up! I also set notifications to come through the app on my phone.

It was hard being on edge for an alert at all hours I have to admit, especially after missing the 7am drop, but it did pay off so keep at it!

Am I monitoring using their cloud, or proxy? there is no option to minitor locally

41 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Anyone know anything about the Oxfam shuttle bus to/from Bristol? How do you book and how often do they run?

Booking is on your profile under Glastonbury, might be too late now so would email the office and ask if there's any space. Twice a day Monday and Tuesday. 

8 hours ago, Pandabear7 said:

Am I monitoring using their cloud, or proxy? there is no option to minitor locally

Ah yeah I remember being really confused by this, installing the chrome extension allowed me to monitor locally I think? Pretty sure it let me set shorter intervals that way too.

Anyone got any info on the Oxfam Bristol Temple Meads to Oxfield buses on the Monday and Tuesday? I was going to drive down but my wife wants use of the car at home so now i'm having to look into other ways of getting down. I could get a lift on Tuesday from my mates staying in CV East but quite like the idea of coming down Monday but would have to get the train from London/Reading to Bristol then the shuttle bus but have no idea what time they leave or if there are still spaces. I have emailed Oxfam but no reply yet.

Also, are any of the food traders in the site open on Monday/Tuesday? Coming down on the train i'd have limited space for food and a way to cook it, being able to buy would solve that issue. 

22 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Anyone got any info on the Oxfam Bristol Temple Meads to Oxfield buses on the Monday and Tuesday? I was going to drive down but my wife wants use of the car at home so now i'm having to look into other ways of getting down. I could get a lift on Tuesday from my mates staying in CV East but quite like the idea of coming down Monday but would have to get the train from London/Reading to Bristol then the shuttle bus but have no idea what time they leave or if there are still spaces. I have emailed Oxfam but no reply yet.

Also, are any of the food traders in the site open on Monday/Tuesday? Coming down on the train i'd have limited space for food and a way to cook it, being able to buy would solve that issue. 

There's usually a few food traders on site open on Tuesday but the Oxfam field caterers will be open from Monday anyway. 

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

There's usually a few food traders on site open on Tuesday but the Oxfam field caterers will be open from Monday anyway. 

I think we only get a meal ticket per shift, is there an option to pay for other meals from the Oxfam caterers?

Edited by Johnnyseven

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

I think we only get a meal ticket per shift, is there an option to pay for other meals from the Oxfam caterers?

Yes, you can pay the caterer just like any other food vendor. 

Also, when you get to Oxfield and sign in, you'll be given your 3 x meal vouchers straight away - you don't have to wait for each shift to get the free meal.

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

Also, when you get to Oxfield and sign in, you'll be given your 3 x meal vouchers straight away - you don't have to wait for each shift to get the free meal.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up.

4 hours ago, stuie said:

At other fests at least one can be used with affilated on site caterers as well - is this now the case with Glasto too or are they all to be used with the Oxfield caterer?

5 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

They do tend to book up well before now I'm afraid. I guess if someone drops out who was booked on one you might get lucky?

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

They do tend to book up well before now I'm afraid. I guess if someone drops out who was booked on one you might get lucky?

Someone on the Oxfam Whatsapp group posted a screenshot showing there are places so I may be lucky. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Edited by Johnnyseven

I’m volunteering at download, which is good - nice setup for oxfam here, showers are actually better than at oxfield glasto, but bloody hell I miss the compost loos and long drops. Portaloos just aren’t anywhere near as much fun! 

50 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I’m volunteering at download, which is good - nice setup for oxfam here, showers are actually better than at oxfield glasto, but bloody hell I miss the compost loos and long drops. Portaloos just aren’t anywhere near as much fun! 

Out of interest, are the showers you have access to the permanent racetrack ones?

31 minutes ago, incident said:

Out of interest, are the showers you have access to the permanent racetrack ones?

No, they’re sort of portaloo type ones, they’re in the midst of staff camping for use by all staff. There’s lots of them though, queued for not even a minute this morning at 8:30 when I’d anticipated it being a right pig. We’re not in the middle of the racetrack (people tell me staff camping has been here before) we’re on the other side by orange and red camping 👍🏻