Volunteering 2023

neil93

51 minutes ago, chestwig said:

How long where these tickets actually available for?

I got mine (a mates) bang on 6.45 via a Distil alert.

I went up to Mrs Fay in bed at 6.58 and she got two of her work mates a space each.

Edited by faymondo

20 minutes ago, faymondo said:

I got mine (a mates) bang on 6.45 via a Distil alert.

I went up to Mrs Fay in bed at 6.58 and she got two of her work mates a space each.

Interesting, my Distil didn't trigger at 06:45

59 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

This is so annoying, had it been yesterday or tomorrow i'd have been up at that time.

It's the opposite for me, I got a friends this morning, because I was up to head into the office.  Tomorrow I'm WFH so would have missed it

Just now, Greenelk said:

Interesting, my Distil didn't trigger at 06:45

I think there are different approaches to setting it up that will give different results.

Have you got yours hardcoded into the app on your phone/browser (I couldn't do this for some reason, as I couldn't log in past the CAPTCHA, I just kept on getting 'invalid login') or are you just monitoring the page via extension and then getting pings to the Watchlist on your phone?

5 minutes ago, naivetyplay said:

Is that via the actual website or just via an extension?

I think an extension? I did it with my laptop at home and had to leave it running while I went to work and set it to not go into sleep mode etc. as it needs to have the page open or it’ll log you out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, golden egg said:

I think an extension? I did it with my laptop at home and had to leave it running while I went to work and set it to not go into sleep mode etc. as it needs to have the page open or it’ll log you out

Lovely. I've got one going but hadn't thought to stagger 5, so will do that too! Thanks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

It's the opposite for me, I got a friends this morning, because I was up to head into the office.  Tomorrow I'm WFH so would have missed it

I go swimming when i'm WFH on a Tuesday and Thursday so have to get up earlier so I get back for work around 09:30, i'd have been at home until 07:40ish so would have been here for the whole window.

3 hours ago, golden egg said:

if it's speed you want, use Autoit and program your own script, the max I was getting was .5sec (and I don't really recommend doing it this quickly) I kept it to every 15secs.

this time I was just moving mouse checking for pixel colours and selecting all the text and monitoring the clipboard

but you could grab the source code and inspect that

I got lucky in the end, I didn't need the script to get a ticket

Edited by wweerr208

hi all, been following this thread for a while, sadly missed out this morning but will keep checking 🤞🏻 does anyone know how strict Oxfam are about getting there on the Tuesday? I'm going to struggle getting the Tuesday off work but can get the other days no problem. Well done to everyone who got places this morning 💖

5 minutes ago, amyren said:

hi all, been following this thread for a while, sadly missed out this morning but will keep checking 🤞🏻 does anyone know how strict Oxfam are about getting there on the Tuesday? I'm going to struggle getting the Tuesday off work but can get the other days no problem. Well done to everyone who got places this morning 💖

Usually pretty strict. I've heard of allowances being made for undersubscribed festivals before but not Glastonbury.

7 hours ago, amyren said:

Its strict, you’ll have to be there on Tuesday. The Oxfam wristbanding stops on Tuesday and the last mandatory briefing is Tuesday evening.  It’s not the type of thing where if you get a place they will compromise. They know the place will get filled by a replacement.

9 hours ago, amyren said:

Glasto isn’t like any of the other festivals in that all of the volunteers and other working crews have strict deadlines to be on site due to traffic management etc. the festival licensing dictates that we all need to be in place before the gates open. 

13 hours ago, amyren said:

We were in a car accident on our way over from Ireland on the Tuesday morning in 2019.  Missed our ferry over, nightmare of a day but anyway we rang them (in bits worried that we would lose our places) explained what happened and they were so sound.  We didn't arrive until 11pm that night so we missed the briefing but they were ok about it. 

That was a pretty exceptional circumstance though and they didn't doubt our story as we were so upset when we rang them.  They are usually pretty strict about it. 

An alternative if you get the place is to register on the Monday evening, get briefed, leave site, work your regular job on Tuesday and return late Tuesday/early on Wednesday in time for the first shift. It would be a faff as you’d be in with general public parking when you return. But, if Tuesday arrival is the issue, Monday afternoon/evening arrival could be the solution

58 minutes ago, March Hare said:

An alternative if you get the place is to register on the Monday evening, get briefed, leave site, work your regular job on Tuesday and return late Tuesday/early on Wednesday in time for the first shift. It would be a faff as you’d be in with general public parking when you return. But, if Tuesday arrival is the issue, Monday afternoon/evening arrival could be the solution

I’d ask them, looks like a good idea and if it’s free time you can do what you want