Volunteering 2023

neil93

3 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Everyone primed for another day of refresh nonsense! 

A spot just came up but just missed it! Keep checking. I think there's something in this on the hour theory 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CleanShirt said:

Got kicked out of the proceed page this morning. Bummer! 

Also I hope the poster yesterday wasn't directing their hate at me for refreshing on the hour while on the toilet/ on my lunch break. We all have to work to do!

Is your name a reference to the expression 'Fuck off Clean Shirt' from PeepShow? Love that episode. 

It might have been me venting... But it's just such a crazy system!!!

31 minutes ago, CleanShirt said:

Also I hope the poster yesterday wasn't directing their hate at me for refreshing on the hour while on the toilet/ on my lunch break. We all have to work to do!

I keep trying but haven't even seen Glastonbury pop up yet 😞 All the best 

56 minutes ago, CleanShirt said:

Yeah if you refresh the page or it logs you out due to inactivity you'll lose it i'm afraid.

Well NASS came up on the hour then so I think there might be something in the hourly theory (Possibly half hour as well ?)

I reckon you need to get through and fail but be left on the proceed page.

Then next time you are straight to payment after pressing proceed numerous times and not refresh.

Thats how it worked for me yesterday.

Good luck everyone. Still over 5 weeks to nab an Oxfam place to keep the faith and play the long game. 

10 minutes ago, faymondo said:

I reckon you need to get through and fail but be left on the proceed page.

Then next time you are straight to payment after pressing proceed numerous times and not refresh.

Thats how it worked for me yesterday.

Yep, me too.  But I needed to keep an eye on the page for days waiting for glasto to just appear in the first place....  In my case it looked like it was on the hour + half hour.  ymmv

Just now, APLTree said:

Are those who are not on the "proceed page" seeing these pop up? Because I am aggressively refreshing and not even seeing it pop up at all. 

I was refreshing from 11:29 and it came up at 11:30 and got onto the next page as Glastonbury option appeared but could not proceed after that (Still on that page now)

It is just pure luck.

By the looks of it need first bit of luck to get Glastonbury option but you will be beaten to it by somebody who is on proceed. The next time you will only have to press proceed and if lucky bang in your banking details. 

Not sure if you get to banking its yours so still be very quick ??

Also deffo coming up on the half hour and hour. 

I've been desperately trying to get a place for me and my boyfriend since the release of spaces last week, I did Oxfam at Glasto in 15 and loved it. Just wanna say thanks for all the helpful info that's been put on here (had no idea Distill existed a week ago!).

I'm now on the Proceed page but keep missing despite my aggressive clicking - is it just luck and hoping you click at the right time to get through from this point on? Living half an hour to half an hour has been an experience, but totally worth it if we get spaces!

3 minutes ago, franks said:

I've been desperately trying to get a place for me and my boyfriend since the release of spaces last week, I did Oxfam at Glasto in 15 and loved it. Just wanna say thanks for all the helpful info that's been put on here (had no idea Distill existed a week ago!).

I'm now on the Proceed page but keep missing despite my aggressive clicking - is it just luck and hoping you click at the right time to get through from this point on? Living half an hour to half an hour has been an experience, but totally worth it if we get spaces!

Yep pure luck and worth doing as I mentioned from 29 and 59 on the hour for a couple of mins.

Note sure random ones are coming up at present and there does seem to be a pattern.

Just make sure you press proceed and nor refresh as if you refresh I think it boots you out. 

Good luck 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, faymondo said:

I was refreshing from 11:29 and it came up at 11:30 and got onto the next page as Glastonbury option appeared but could not proceed after that (Still on that page now)

It is just pure luck.

By the looks of it need first bit of luck to get Glastonbury option but you will be beaten to it by somebody who is on proceed. The next time you will only have to press proceed and if lucky bang in your banking details. 

Not sure if you get to banking its yours so still be very quick ??

Also deffo coming up on the half hour and hour. 

My Apple Pay failed yesterday and I manually entered card details and didn’t time out or anything so I think you have at least a minute or two there

2 minutes ago, Derbyphil said:

Well, after 19 years of attending as a punter I have joined the Oxfam team. If you see a solo bewildered middle aged man wandering around, say hello. See you in July.  😉

I am one of them myself, so should recognise you quite readily 😄 welcome aboard! (though you'll miss us if you're going in July!)

3 minutes ago, Derbyphil said:

Well, after 19 years of attending as a punter I have joined the Oxfam team. If you see a solo bewildered middle aged man wandering around, say hello. See you in July.  😉

You're not alone in that.  My first time as part of the Oxfam team, as my wife and sons are staying at home.  Really looking forward to it!

1 minute ago, Derbyphil said:

I meant June (hands still shaking). Where do you camp as part of the Oxfam crew?

Its a ten min walk outside gate B, and the car park is next door so there's no huge carry of stuff for miles - which is great for those of us who bring duvets, pillows, all that jazz . . .