latitude 2023

jj200

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What's the best late night entertainment at Latitude (looking at the Friday)? Is Club de Fromage fun?

Yeah always pretty fun. Everything late night is normally pretty good. Stuff on the Alcove, Outpost is normally a bit more interesting, stuff on the Comedy stage will be more mass appeal. So I tend to head to the Alcove/Outpost see if I'm into whatever is going on there and then head to Comedy if I'm not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chrisplowman said:

The Last Dinner Party clashing with The Beths is absolutely brutal for me 😔

Yeah that one breaks me too. I'm going with the beths on the basis that they are Australian and have several albums I love whereas the last dinner party haven't yet released an album and will tour the UK loads so will be amble opportunity to see them. But that's just my reasoning. 

7 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah that one breaks me too. I'm going with the beths on the basis that they are Australian and have several albums I love whereas the last dinner party haven't yet released an album and will tour the UK loads so will be amble opportunity to see them. But that's just my reasoning. 

Wouldn't recommend calling the Beths Australian to their faces!

So Friday was the day I thought I had least on... turns out I have 11 acts I want to see and that's filled the whole day! I've ve been very fortunate and have very few clashes and will get to see the majority of acts id want to see on. Can't wait! 

Edited by Chapple12345

On 7/6/2023 at 2:26 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Not really, they have done different things previously in a similar vein such as thom Yorke playing in the sunrise arena as a secret set after the headliners.  I think James Blake played after the headliners on the lake stage as well one year and then last year it was charlotte church's late night pop dungeon in the sunrise stage that was probably about 01:00 that it actually started. 

So it's not totally unusual that they would have a "band/ act (not dj)" post headliner on a stage but it isn't something that always happens. 

Did Porij play midnight on Sunday last year? I may have imagined it. Was very tired by that point.

Not only is Friday rammed but it all skews towards the second half of the day. Think I will end up missing Confidence Man, Panic Shack and English Teacher in order to see Bleach Lab, Gretel Haenlyn, Men I Trust and Metronomy.

Young Fathers and Warmduscher on Saturday is a bad clash.

Sunday is another matter. I want to see Gwenno and Bar Italia and that's it!

So how's everyone's itineraries looking? Mine is currently: 

Friday 

Wasia Project

Kerry Godliman

Ed Byrne 

The Murder Capital 

The Last Dinner Party

The Beths/Georgia (clashes mean I'll see half and half) 

Confidence Man

Men I Trust

Yard Act

Pulp

Saturday 

The Mysterines

Teddy Swims 

Lightning Seeds

Big Moon

Fern Brady

Bridget Christie 

Paul Heaton

The Kooks

Far From Saints

Paolo Nutini 

Sunday 

James 

Picture This

Caity Baser

Marcus Brigstocke

The Proclaimers

Mimi Webb

Siouxie 

If there's nothing else I want to see I'll probably hover at the Comedy 

On 7/8/2023 at 3:27 PM, rivaldo said:

Many thanks to those updating the Clashfinder, it's really helpful. Will it eventually be updated for the Comedy Tent etc as well (I'm not so good with the tech myself!) ?

Updated, although there seem to be a few mistakes on the app with a few 5 minute sets thrown in at odd times which I've left out, so if it's comedy you're after I'd maybe have a better look on the day.

6 hours ago, km9 said:

Updated, although there seem to be a few mistakes on the app with a few 5 minute sets thrown in at odd times which I've left out, so if it's comedy you're after I'd maybe have a better look on the day.

Yes  , I'm hoping Laura Lexx gets more than her rostered 5 minutes  ! 

34 minutes ago, padders said:

Yes  , I'm hoping Laura Lexx gets more than her rostered 5 minutes  ! 

I think that means they're going to be the MC of the arena for the day, they usually do a smallish set at points if there's a longer change over/there's a bigger act and lots of people want to see them, as well as introducing the acts through the day too 

On 7/10/2023 at 10:57 AM, Chapple12345 said:

So how's everyone's itineraries looking? Mine is currently: 

Friday 

Wasia Project

Kerry Godliman

Ed Byrne 

The Murder Capital 

The Last Dinner Party

The Beths/Georgia (clashes mean I'll see half and half) 

Confidence Man

Men I Trust

Yard Act

Pulp

Saturday 

The Mysterines

Teddy Swims 

Lightning Seeds

Big Moon

Fern Brady

Bridget Christie 

Paul Heaton

The Kooks

Far From Saints

Paolo Nutini 

Sunday 

James 

Picture This

Caity Baser

Marcus Brigstocke

The Proclaimers

Mimi Webb

Siouxie 

If there's nothing else I want to see I'll probably hover at the Comedy 

Mine is very different to yours. A few gaps for wandering around though so might cross paths occasionally.

Friday 

Beatles Dub Club

Confidence man 

Metronomy

Pulp 

Saturday 

Teddy swims

Lightning seeds 

Mary Wallopers 

86 TVs 

Wunderhorse 

Young Fathers 

Sunday 

James

Finlay Christie (only comedy I'll be watching)

Bootleg Beatles 

Proclaimers 

Bob Vylan 

• Upvote 1