latitude 2023

jj200

On 6/29/2023 at 10:34 AM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Stayed in family camping several times, there is still plenty of space getting there late on a Thursday and you will be able to find space for a large 4 man tent. You might have to walk a bit further into the site if you don't find something but the family car park is closer to the site anyway so it shouldn't be too bad. The stewards should be able to help direct you to bits of the site with space. Hope you enjoy the festival. 

Thanks! One other thing - how far is the walk from the carpark to camping? Trying to decide whether to do multiple trips or invest in a trolley. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Thanks! One other thing - how far is the walk from the carpark to camping? Trying to decide whether to do multiple trips or invest in a trolley. Thanks 

Family camping is pretty easy to be honest, the car park is the same side as the camping area, obviously depends a bit on where you park and camp but it is nowhere near as big and arduous as glastonbury. I'm racking my brains because we have stayed in so many bits of latitude but I would say you are probably looking at a 20 min walk. This being latitude, You can hire a trolley there but I can't remember how much I think it was something like £25 with a £25 deposit, but I'm sure someone who actually used one will correct me.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Ah yes you are right not times just the order and the stages, well spotted. So clashfinder is guesswork and so will move a bit once the times are confirmed. Tbc's might not be real. 

Might make some clashes go away for me and make some different ones appear. 

Just  looked at the clashfinder and realised that the sunrise and alcove are just in alphabetical order so definitely not going to give an indication of clashes until the times are out. 

Bugger,  was already starting to plan. 

7 hours ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Invest in a trolley. It's not a huge walk but navigating the car park (especially if they put you down the slope) can be trying and not something you want to do twice.

On 6/29/2023 at 3:48 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Ah yes you are right not times just the order and the stages, well spotted. So clashfinder is guesswork and so will move a bit once the times are confirmed. Tbc's might not be real. 

Might make some clashes go away for me and make some different ones appear. 

Didn't realise the days were on the website.

Friday is going to be carnage.

Bleach Lab, English Teacher, Panic Shack, Gretel Hänlyn, Murder Capital, Dry Cleaning, Men I Trust, Confidence Man, Metronomy, Pulp.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Raindow Rhythms said:

Didn't realise the days were on the website.

Friday is going to be carnage.

Bleach Lab, English Teacher, Panic Shack, Gretel Hänlyn, Murder Capital, Dry Cleaning, Men I Trust, Confidence Man, Metronomy, Pulp.

Yeah the Friday is ridiculous, totally stacked. I've kinda given in that there are going to be loads of clashes. Can't see 'em all. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2023 at 12:54 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Family camping is pretty easy to be honest, the car park is the same side as the camping area, obviously depends a bit on where you park and camp but it is nowhere near as big and arduous as glastonbury. I'm racking my brains because we have stayed in so many bits of latitude but I would say you are probably looking at a 20 min walk. This being latitude, You can hire a trolley there but I can't remember how much I think it was something like £25 with a £25 deposit, but I'm sure someone who actually used one will correct me.

Came on to find some info re family camping, so thank you - very helpful!

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Looking for a Sunday day ticket if anyone has a spare. 

My best advice is to check official resell websites, they recently posted this as there's been lots of scams involving the festival of people claiming to have tickets and not being able to go 

https://www.latitudefestival.com/unauthorised-ticket-agents-and-ticket-touting/?fbclid=IwAR3r1oixU2hCd3jZB5xWfKuMjprbgKLgUtFWgIFJjgd03eqZ-ro2Ri31IAc

Also noticed Peace have been added to the bill, they're playing at midnight on the sunrise stage on the Friday 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

My best advice is to check official resell websites, they recently posted this as there's been lots of scams involving the festival of people claiming to have tickets and not being able to go 

https://www.latitudefestival.com/unauthorised-ticket-agents-and-ticket-touting/?fbclid=IwAR3r1oixU2hCd3jZB5xWfKuMjprbgKLgUtFWgIFJjgd03eqZ-ro2Ri31IAc

Also noticed Peace have been added to the bill, they're playing at midnight on the sunrise stage on the Friday 

they havent been added to the line up as far as I can see but its  a spectacularly unwieldy line up poster to make of sense at this stage 

Edited by padders

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yes they have.

On the official website.

And announced on their social media channels.

Yes  thanks ,  Just saw it  there  -pretty   biggish name for a midnight slot    . Is that a latitude  tradition  ? Encouraging they are still adding bands tho 

16 hours ago, padders said:

Yes  thanks ,  Just saw it  there  -pretty   biggish name for a midnight slot    . Is that a latitude  tradition  ? Encouraging they are still adding bands tho 

Not really, they have done different things previously in a similar vein such as thom Yorke playing in the sunrise arena as a secret set after the headliners.  I think James Blake played after the headliners on the lake stage as well one year and then last year it was charlotte church's late night pop dungeon in the sunrise stage that was probably about 01:00 that it actually started. 

So it's not totally unusual that they would have a "band/ act (not dj)" post headliner on a stage but it isn't something that always happens. 

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Anyone have any clue when the times will be in the app? It's 2 weeks until the gates open and I really want to start planning for clashes on the smaller stages. 

They mentioned online the completed lineup would be revealed Monday so possibly they'd announce the times then too? If not it'll definitely be by the 17th as we usually know everything by the week of the festival 

• Thanks 1

Scanning through there looks like a couple of gaps where acts are missing. 

1. The obelisk starts an hour later on the Friday so it kicks off at 13.05, tbh that isn't long enough to fit a set and sort the stage out for the next act so I think there is just a later start time on the Friday. Don't think anything will drop in there. 

2. Friday, Sunrise stage Big gap between 12.45 - 14.30. Looks like an act will drop in there. 

3. Friday, alcove stage big gap between 14.50 - 16.30. Looks like an act will drop in there as well. 

I haven't cross referenced all the acts on the poster with all the ones in the schedule so it might be that some now can't play and they are waiting for replacements or something. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Scanning through there looks like a couple of gaps where acts are missing. 

1. The obelisk starts an hour later on the Friday so it kicks off at 13.05, tbh that isn't long enough to fit a set and sort the stage out for the next act so I think there is just a later start time on the Friday. Don't think anything will drop in there. 

2. Friday, Sunrise stage Big gap between 12.45 - 14.30. Looks like an act will drop in there. 

3. Friday, alcove stage big gap between 14.50 - 16.30. Looks like an act will drop in there as well. 

I haven't cross referenced all the acts on the poster with all the ones in the schedule so it might be that some now can't play and they are waiting for replacements or something. 

Doing gods work, thank you! I'm surprised nothings been added to Obeslisk Friday 

Looks like it's going to be a busy weekend nonetheless! Now onto planning 

• Upvote 1