latitude 2023

jj200

Ham Sandwich  are a bit of a big deal  in Ireland so a good addition to the  Trailer Park  line up . The mary wallopers are popular with the young folk   in Ireland too but I haven't got round to listening to them yet . Intrigued  by Beatles dub club  and the new york brass band  - hoping for a Dirty brasstards type vibe for the latter !  As a newbie  I will probably have a few questions leading up the  festival  but here's the first one  -  Does the sunrise arena go on later than the main stages  ?  Hoping to see a bit of warmduscher  - thanks in advance  

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:30 AM, padders said:

Ham Sandwich  are a bit of a big deal  in Ireland so a good addition to the  Trailer Park  line up . The mary wallopers are popular with the young folk   in Ireland too but I haven't got round to listening to them yet . Intrigued  by Beatles dub club  and the new york brass band  - hoping for a Dirty brasstards type vibe for the latter !  As a newbie  I will probably have a few questions leading up the  festival  but here's the first one  -  Does the sunrise arena go on later than the main stages  ?  Hoping to see a bit of warmduscher  - thanks in advance  

Hi, sunrise acts start earlier but the headline act is still at a similar time to the headliners on the bigger stages (might be a bit earlier but can't remember) they then have dj's and sometimes electronic or live acts after the main stages finish (for example,  that is where Thom Yorke played a secret set, Charlotte Church had a live band there last year as well. Typically it is dj's though until 3-4 am. Great vibe after hours and great bands during the day.  Nice setting as it is in the woods and shady if it is hot/ sheltered if it is wet. 

On 4/17/2023 at 12:32 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Hi, sunrise acts start earlier but the headline act is still at a similar time to the headliners on the bigger stages (might be a bit earlier but can't remember) they then have dj's and sometimes electronic or live acts after the main stages finish (for example,  that is where Thom Yorke played a secret set, Charlotte Church had a live band there last year as well. Typically it is dj's though until 3-4 am. Great vibe after hours and great bands during the day.  Nice setting as it is in the woods and shady if it is hot/ sheltered if it is wet. 

Thanks  for the info   

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yep almost certainly. If they are on a small stage you are going to need to get down early. 

Theyre on Sunrise so a bit more room than Alcove but still best to get down early 

I wonder who else will be the busiest sets of the weekend? My guess is Pulp will have a Killers level crowd 

• Upvote 1

On 4/21/2023 at 7:33 PM, km9 said:

The younger crowd who watch pulp will find out what us in our 40s loved so much about the 90s 

I'm 22 and they're probably my most anticipated act of the weekend! They've always been a part of the music I was raised on and was probably a little too young to go when they last reunited so I'll absolutely be there Friday night 

On 4/20/2023 at 12:22 AM, xxialac said:

Last Dinner Party are going to do a Wet Leg.

I saw them a couple of weeks ago (2nd time seeing them) in Southampton. The gig was free. About 100 capacity. The room was busy but not full. However, the first single hadn’t dropped then, so no doubt their trajectory will rise upwards.

Time will tell how well they do, but they’re certainly one of the more interesting bands out there / lots of 70s references in their music: Queen, Sparks, Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, Bowie even a bit of Jethro Tull on one song! 

Definitely worth catching. Unlike Wet Leg who were a bit rabbit in the headlines / couldn’t believe it was happening for them, The Last Dinner Party are very confident and feel fully formed as a band. Despite only having 1 song out officially. 

On 4/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, Chapple12345 said:

I wasn't sure if this had been mentioned, Paul Heaton is going to be performing with guest vocalists as Jacqui Abbott has stepped back from the tour on medical advice 

Bugger, I hope she is okay. Glad he is still playing and interested to see who the guests are. 

On 4/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, Chapple12345 said:

I wasn't sure if this had been mentioned, Paul Heaton is going to be performing with guest vocalists as Jacqui Abbott has stepped back from the tour on medical advice 

Saw him  play Portsmouth  last december and it was still an amazing show without Jacqui .Shes been out for nearly a year now , its quite concerning   

• 2 weeks later...

Transferred over from the Glasto thread as not getting a ticket this year and this will be my first Latitude at the ripe old age of 61 after many year going to Pilton. Have done other smaller fesrivals like EOR and Festival no 6 in baron years of not getting a ticket for the big one. I generally only do one festival a year. Obvs looking forward to Pulp, really into Dry Cleaning and looking forward to seeing Siouxsie. Other than that i'll be playing by ear and taking in new surroundings. Any tips would be amazing! 😁

Edited by ghandi

Nice friendly festival. Gets good in the woods stages after the headliners finish. Usually some good new acts in the alcove and the area opposite (formerly solas, not sure what it's called now). Saturday main stage opener, at about 12pm, has become a 'big 90s indie band' slot, which is usually a lot of fun and worth catching. Not sure if it will be the same this year looking at the current line up, although it could be the lightning seeds.

I've heard several people refer to it as a mini Glasto and I can definitely see why, its such a lovely vibe and you've never normally got 5 minutes to spare without having something you want to see. Music usually runs 12-11pm, with late night stuff going till around 3am. There are hundreds of arts performances happening too, the comedy stage is always worth a look. My best advice is to explore everywhere, it's a relatively small and compact site so easy to get around and not have to miss loads of a set in order to get to another stage for a certain time. Henham Park is stunning and the perfect location for a festival 

If there's anything else you'd like to know don't hesitate to ask 

On 2/21/2023 at 12:34 PM, Callum_96 said:

Yard Act said on Facebook that they won't be clashing with Pulp. End as Pulp start kind of thing

Does this mean Pulp won't have anyone on the second stage when they are playing? Is this normal at Latitude?!

Edited by xxialac

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Does this mean Pulp won't have anyone on the second stage when they are playing? Is this normal at Latitude?!

Well.... Mumford and Sons had a takeover day in 2017 where they had no one against them and I think they then got complaints there was no alternatives. The following year when they had The Killers headline there were acts on other stages which were very low on attendance from what I've heard 

I think they know a lot of people will be going to see Pulp but there may be other acts on, just not in the main tent which Yard Act will headline 

• Upvote 1