Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

14 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Do you reckon that's roughly where it is?

Not there...

7 hours ago, kerplunk said:

So expect stewards shouting 'you shall not pass!" at us when vehicles are coming through 😉

Yes it will be a stewarded crossing point..  be good to see you there mate, been too long  🍺

13 hours ago, Simpo said:

No, this is a new band that took the recently vacated name

https://girlbandofficialchannel.bandcamp.com/track/boys-with-girls

Thanks for that, I said yes as someone asked BT on FB a while ago and they said yes...... checked gigs of now Gillaband and they are not at BT so perhaps BT don't even know who they have booked ha ha

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Is BT in trouble......

Someone posting on the Facebook page asking people to buy tickets even if not going so it can go ahead next year.

There is nothing by BT on the BT FB page.

There was some random post by a random person on the BT Fanatics page earlier - looks to have been deleted now - that was rather odd and telling people to get out and buy a ticket....... but no mention I saw of even if you are not going.

Do you have  a link to what you are referring to then once seen a proper reply can be written...... but is BT in trouble, unlikely as DHP are not  a poor company, but all festivals are potentially in trouble this year as punters cut back.

29 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

There is nothing by BT on the BT FB page.

There was some random post by a random person on the BT Fanatics page earlier - looks to have been deleted now - that was rather odd and telling people to get out and buy a ticket....... but no mention I saw of even if you are not going.

Do you have  a link to what you are referring to then once seen a proper reply can be written...... but is BT in trouble, unlikely as DHP are not  a poor company, but all festivals are potentially in trouble this year as punters cut back.

Think that was post I saw. He seemed to be referring to BT at the time but now seems he was posting it on many pages.

7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

lol what a load of nonsense 🙄

Weather still holding up here and ground is good... 

Have a photo of some bees 🐝

PXL_20230518_051635388.jpg

They look a bit too big to be honey bees.. and that would probably be several hives worth… did they have to get someone to gather them or did they just disperse.?

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

They look a bit too big to be honey bees.. and that would probably be several hives worth… did they have to get someone to gather them or did they just disperse.?

Definitely honey bees and it's this time of year they swarm like that, seen them several times on site but never that many 

And they had all gone by this morning 

Still a long way to go to be sure...... but all forecasters are showing Thursday to be settled and pretty much dry (not that warm though on some forecasts) but at the moment the BBC is seeing the weather front that was going to cross Saturday some time vanishing.

It all looks far to good - so lots of praise to the old weather gods needed still me thinks.............. but for now I call a very very very big STICK.

image.thumb.png.44268b855121b82d96432f9aa5bf721a.pngimage.thumb.png.49570661acae1dcce8d7e6611b7a0a99.pngimage.thumb.png.58e78aec77d91127b7a7a9aead19564c.pngimage.thumb.png.bec077dee6cc819f34ff9abcac22a3d7.png

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Still a long way to go to be sure...... but all forecasters are showing Thursday to be settled and pretty much dry (not that warm though on some forecasts) but at the moment the BBC is seeing the weather front that was going to cross Saturday some time vanishing.

It all looks far to good - so lots of praise to the old weather gods needed still me thinks.............. but for now I call a very very very big STICK.

image.thumb.png.44268b855121b82d96432f9aa5bf721a.pngimage.thumb.png.49570661acae1dcce8d7e6611b7a0a99.pngimage.thumb.png.58e78aec77d91127b7a7a9aead19564c.pngimage.thumb.png.bec077dee6cc819f34ff9abcac22a3d7.png

STICK!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Maps

Map-Illustrated-2048x1448.pngMain-Site-1536x1086.jpg

the killing moon, is that the bar with hay bales outside of it, lay that a lot on the sunday last year, feeling sorry for mysef after a mad Satdy

1 minute ago, Perks said:

the killing moon, is that the bar with hay bales outside of it, lay that a lot on the sunday last year, feeling sorry for mysef after a mad Satdy

Not sure, I know there was a bar there last year but no idea what the name was - it may even have been the cocktail bar last year.