Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

On 4/8/2023 at 3:48 PM, Jackie Daytona said:

Nobody Interesting needs to replace English Teacher with The Orielles on the Clashfinder

Clashfinder now updated - but still should not have much notice taken of it cos until we get real stage splits it is mostly guesswork.

31 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Clashfinder now updated - but still should not have much notice taken of it cos until we get real stage splits it is mostly guesswork.

While that's true, it's at least got all who are currently on the line-up, at least as far as Pallet, Big Top, Magical Sounds and Woodland are concerned.

Though one Maui Waui act whose time we can confirm is Seas Of Mirth. Friday at 8pm.

Screenshot_20230410-115236~2.png

So as a BT virgin are there any areas that I should definitely check out/ explore? People are talking about a tea tent and Convoy Cabaret sounds interesting (it’s like a travelling punk/ alternative arts collab, right?).

Also, is Bearded Theory a take-booze-wherever-you-like fest, Sziget-style, or get-checked-at-the-arena-entrance, R&L style? Cheers!  

4 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

So as a BT virgin are there any areas that I should definitely check out/ explore? People are talking about a tea tent and Convoy Cabaret sounds interesting (it’s like a travelling punk/ alternative arts collab, right?).

Also, is Bearded Theory a take-booze-wherever-you-like fest, Sziget-style, or get-checked-at-the-arena-entrance, R&L style? Cheers!  

The site is compact enough that I wouldn't worry too much about searching stuff out - you'll come across everything anyway just by virtue of walking around. Both Convoy and the Tea Tent are located in difficult to miss spots.

It's an Arena setup, but in past years (and the new owners have said this will continue) with no alcohol restrictions or bag searches, and only soft wristband checks.

19 hours ago, On The Blend said:

The site is compact enough you will almost definitely pass most the stages at some point whether you mean to or not. Definitely worth trying to visit all of them at least once. 

You can take your own booze in the arena, but the beer choice is normally great (although didnt seem as good last year) and generally never have to queue.  

It is genuinely a phenomenal festival, assuming it doesnt change too drastically you're in for a real treat

15 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

The site is compact enough you will almost definitely pass most the stages at some point whether you mean to or not. Definitely worth trying to visit all of them at least once. 

You can take your own booze in the arena, but the beer choice is normally great (although didnt seem as good last year) and generally never have to queue.  

It is genuinely a phenomenal festival, assuming it doesnt change too drastically you're in for a real treat

Sounds spot on. I’ve only ever been to big fests (Sziget, R&L) and super small places (mitäsmitäsmitäs) so I’m really looking forward to that more intimate vibe but with more act variety.

Also I’ve never given any thought to the beer selection at a festival, I know it says ‘pub priced’ on the website but I’ve been hurt before and assumed I’d just be drinking whatever wasn’t above 7 quid. 

3 hours ago, On The Blend said:

Sounds spot on. I’ve only ever been to big fests (Sziget, R&L) and super small places (mitäsmitäsmitäs) so I’m really looking forward to that more intimate vibe but with more act variety.

Also I’ve never given any thought to the beer selection at a festival, I know it says ‘pub priced’ on the website but I’ve been hurt before and assumed I’d just be drinking whatever wasn’t above 7 quid. 

There's a great review of last year's festival here, which includes beer prices you should be pleasantly surprised by...

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/beardedtheory/2022/review.shtml

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Silent Disco in Woodlands.

Not surprised by this - a crowd pleaser at festivals and easy to set up (and hopefully free to use). I will not be there as never found silent discos a pull - Tea tent or Teapot here we come after headliners.

So what does the after hours situation usually look like? After the headliners are done now late do things run at the fest? 

Obviously I’m speaking from a place of ignorance but I expected this to be quite a family friendly scrumpy cider in the sun kind of atmosphere, so I didn’t expect much late night action. How wrong was I on this one? 

6 hours ago, On The Blend said:

So what does the after hours situation usually look like? After the headliners are done now late do things run at the fest? 

Obviously I’m speaking from a place of ignorance but I expected this to be quite a family friendly scrumpy cider in the sun kind of atmosphere, so I didn’t expect much late night action. How wrong was I on this one? 

Pretty wrong!  It definitely doesn't go on all night like some venues at Glastonbury but Magical Sounds tent goes on until 2ish, maybe later.  I think there's a few other venues that go that late too. 

I have been following this for a while and missed the chance for campervan tickets and therefore still havent purchased tickets for our family, I am on the waiting list for campervan tickets but does anyone have experience and know if they release any more for resale or not? 

2 hours ago, Twunt said:

I have been following this for a while and missed the chance for campervan tickets and therefore still havent purchased tickets for our family, I am on the waiting list for campervan tickets but does anyone have experience and know if they release any more for resale or not? 

Pretty sure I bought one in the hope we would buy a campervan but then the mortgage went up by £400 a month so that idea went out the window (did the same last year)

I'll have a check and let you know. If so can send it over by email. Dont want any payment for it, just make a donation to foodbank or sommat.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Pretty sure I bought one in the hope we would buy a campervan but then the mortgage went up by £400 a month so that idea went out the window (did the same last year)

I'll have a check and let you know. If so can send it over by email. Dont want any payment for it, just make a donation to foodbank or sommat.

If the estimable Twunt declines I would gladly take the Campervan ticket off your hands. PM me please.

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

wow thats an unbelivable offer thank you so much , very happy to send you the money though , thank you again

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Ah, well done to both.

If anyone else has a Campervan ticket (I'm in the queue) but will pay face value and reimburse all costs for anyone who no longer needs theirs.

Sorted now via Twickets. 

Happy days, can't wait. I thought for quite a while that I couldn't make it to BT (my daughter was going to get married - still is but next year now) and various other things but the path is now clear. Ticket bought. Can't tell you how excited I am by the line up, though it does look like there will be clashes of almost Glasto-esque magnitude.

Peace out!

• Upvote 1