Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

17 hours ago, tmolvik said:

Forecast has changed a lot back and forth the last few days, so I wouldn't say anything certain yet, but it seems like we'll be getting rain and by experience wellies are then a good option at Werchter...

Pretty dramatic improvement according to yr.no this morning, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

20 minutes ago, djd4 said:

Pretty dramatic improvement according to yr.no this morning, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Yup, it's an improvement, but those days are still model based (you can see it on the temperature jumps). Hopefully they're right though, so let's cross our fingers 🙂

BTW, if you like yr.no, I would recommend using pent.no instead. Then you get the two major Norwegian weather services (yr.no & storm.no) combined. A nice way of seeing patterns and get an idea of certainty.

Watching the Glastonbury coverage on the BBC all weekend has really whetted my appetite for Werchter. Some great performances from people on the line up. Fred Again, Editors, Lil Nas X, Christine and the Queens, Nova Twins, Dermot Kennedy and The Teskey Brothers have all absolutely smashed their sets. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Watching the Glastonbury coverage on the BBC all weekend has really whetted my appetite for Werchter. Some great performances from people on the line up. Fred Again, Editors, Lil Nas X, Christine and the Queens, Nova Twins, Dermot Kennedy and The Teskey Brothers have all absolutely smashed their sets. 

Yes, a lot of excellent shows coming up. 

Watching the streams did make me wonder how Rock Werchter is missing out on Rina Sawayama and especially Young Fathers (!). Both are around. 

1 hour ago, AlexR said:

Does anyone know if there is a shop (like mini supermarket) on site like how some UK festivals have a Co-op. I can't seem to find one on the map?

Doesn't sound like there is unfortunately.

Seems like our best bet is either a 3 mile walk to a local supermarket (https://www.google.be/maps/place/Delhaize+Haacht/@50.977033,4.6352711,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x47c15f64197b03f1:0x9bf3f57366663a14!8m2!3d50.9770296!4d4.6374598!16s%2Fg%2F1vg4hyw2) or getting the shuttle bus back to Leuven to stock up there.

I don't think we can judge the forecast yet (even tho it's in 3 days) - I see several websites showing completely different things.

Last year there was some rain and I don't think there were any problems in the campsite and festival 

Edited by Nicklord

5 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I don't think we can judge the forecast yet (even tho it's in 3 days) - I see several websites showing completely different things.

Last year there was some rain and I don't think there were any problems in the campsite and festival 

there was some mud at the campsite (hive) at the most frequented spots but nothing too dramatic iirc.

does anyone have some experience with hive myspace? I booked an 8m² spot for me and my girlfriend and now I'm wondering how strict the space is allocated as we'd like to bring a gazebo/party tent due to the expected rain. However such a gazebo typically measures 3x3m... 

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Will I need wellies / waterproof boots?

If the "worst case forecasts" becomes reality, I would definitely recommend wellies in the festival area. A few hours of light rain won't be a problem and won't make your shoes more than dirty, but if it comes in the amounts that has been predicted in some forecasts it will be muddy in areas. It's also worse if the rain comes toward the start of the festival. We had one edition where it rained all for days and even though organizers were really good at covering up the worst areas during night time, it still was really muddy.  

You don't lose much of bringing them with you. Yeah, they take up space, but just pack them full of stuff 😉

• Thanks 1