Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

On 5/27/2023 at 3:09 PM, sedra said:

Why don’t you watch Mumfords and then meet your partner afterwards? Or watch half and half ? 

Both good idea's but we have now kinda agreed to go see Marr. It just feels right to spend the last act together and after dashing about all weekend the idea of sitting on the hill relaxing to some Smiths songs does sound appealing. Considering my partner never listened to the Smiths and only likes Marr as I had dragged her to his and Morrisseys gigs, I cant really turn around and say I would rather see Mumford. It's just a dissapointing clash.

Thanks for the Clashfinder... great bit of kit... had a chat with the missus and we have decided the provisionals 

Friday 

Blossoms - Wunderhouse - Katy J P - Charlatans - Friendly Fires - Kojack Revenge - Supersonics (have no interest in Jamq' and Pete Tong).

Saturday

Crystal Tides - Nat Imbruglia - Stone - Inspirals - Shame - The Coral - Chiefs - Kasabian

Sunday 

Hard Fi - The Go Team - Crawlers - The Enemy (Sigrid) - Ben Howard - Vaccines - Johnny Marr

Everything fits in great apart from the Enemy - Sigrid clash... so will just see how it rolls on the day 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Yes, but was covered in the people lounge update yesterday.  Not playing the acoustic stage as the picture suggests. 

LOL my mistake, suppose I living in hope the announce a few more acts, and didnt look at the new announcement xx

Hey! Staying at uni halls this year. I’ve emailed them to ask what we need to bring and they’re being very ‘hush-hush’ about it.

Has anyone stayed before? What do we need to bring? Also, do we need to check-in with ID (dont fancy losing my passport)?

Think the chance of some extra artists being added has definitely gone down for me today.

We always said the poster seemed lacking compared to previous years, well they filled the gaps with world music acts.

Oh well, I was happy anyway, just always hoping for more LOL

On 6/8/2023 at 4:12 PM, EggsAndBeans said:

Hey! Staying at uni halls this year. I’ve emailed them to ask what we need to bring and they’re being very ‘hush-hush’ about it.

Has anyone stayed before? What do we need to bring? Also, do we need to check-in with ID (dont fancy losing my passport)?

I've stayed at Rees Hall twice, and only needed to show my confirmation email, but had my debit card ready in case it was required.

As for what you need to take, this may depend which halls you've booked. Towels, bedding, a travel kettle, mug, spoon and a small amount of tea, coffee, milk and sugar (I expect more can be provided in the restaurant, but I didn't ask as I'd taken my own anyway) were provided.

This was the single room I stayed in last year.

10 hours ago, kelstar said:

Think the chance of some extra artists being added has definitely gone down for me today.

We always said the poster seemed lacking compared to previous years, well they filled the gaps with world music acts.

Oh well, I was happy anyway, just always hoping for more LOL

Seems slight cost cutting with less acts I guess. Wouldn’t mind it all starting a little later if I’m honest but guess they’ll still want everyone in early to spend spend spend 

12 hours ago, sisco said:

Seems slight cost cutting with less acts I guess. Wouldn’t mind it all starting a little later if I’m honest but guess they’ll still want everyone in early to spend spend spend 

I agree. After the great line up last year, and them adding the whole site on the Friday, I honestly expected more. Dont get me wrong, there are some good acts, and some of the local/unsigned acts are amazing. It has not put me off, but I am local, so its just a Taxi/Bus ride to the site, and my own bed. I dont have the extra cost of travel/hotels.

Be interesting to see how busy it is compared to previous years. 

13 hours ago, kelstar said:

I agree. After the great line up last year, and them adding the whole site on the Friday, I honestly expected more. Dont get me wrong, there are some good acts, and some of the local/unsigned acts are amazing. It has not put me off, but I am local, so its just a Taxi/Bus ride to the site, and my own bed. I dont have the extra cost of travel/hotels.

Be interesting to see how busy it is compared to previous years. 

The Cribs have been getting added on to a few fests, was holding out for them, but yeah like you say it’ll be good regardless 

6 hours ago, mattiosmith said:

I've just booked a very dodgy looking Airbnb near the site because I was too slow booking the student accommodation. Does anyone know if cancelled student accom gets resold at any point?

Last year an email was sent out close to the festival saying there was a waiting list for accommodation so if anyone no longer needed theirs, they would resell it for us. Might be worth looking into?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PSi said:

Last year an email was sent out close to the festival saying there was a waiting list for accommodation so if anyone no longer needed theirs, they would resell it for us. Might be worth looking into?

Cheers, I dropped them an email and got back pretty much a 1 word answer of no, so not sure if they'll change their mind closer or don't plan to do it this year. Reading through the thread they don't seem the most helpful at the uni accommodation! 

On 6/21/2023 at 11:09 AM, mattiosmith said:

I've just booked a very dodgy looking Airbnb near the site because I was too slow booking the student accommodation. Does anyone know if cancelled student accom gets resold at any point?

Dodgy in what way? Im a local, and there are a few others who post on here, if its the area, maybe we can give you reassurances. If its the Airbnb, we probably cant help.

33 minutes ago, s30foster said:

I am all for Rick Astley joining Blossoms for their afternoon slot. That was a fantastic set! 

Rick Astley is going to be in demand after both his sets at Glasto, they were both really good. Wouldnt be surprised if we did see him next year.