Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

35 minutes ago, sisco said:

The Killers (too big) and Foals are both at Reading so they won’t be playing.

Looking at last year Victorious shared 1 headliner with Truck + Tramlines and 1 headliner with Kendall and Y Not.  They also had their own standalone header in Paolo Nutini.  The fact Kendall announced Kasabian, it’s really wouldn’t surprise me if Y Not do too and then Victorious follow suit.  I also think Jamiraqoui might be the standalone header this year.  Leaves 1 more and I think we’ll have a pretty good idea of who that is once Truck/Tramlines announce.  I think a lot of the lineups this year could have Royal Blood, Blossoms, Paolo Nutini and they’re immediately ruled out of Victorious due to playing it recently

I will be at Tramlines again this year so read the Victorious thread as well as the other Super Struct threads with interest. 

Firstly if you get Kasabian you will not be disappointed.  They blew Tramlines away last year. 

I am hoping we get Jamiroquai as a shared headliner with Victorious but as you say think this may be a stand alone. 

As Tramlines have had Royal Blood, Kasabian and Nile Rodgers as Headliners recently can't see us having any of these from the Kendal line up.  However Blossoms have only subbed previously so can see them being there.

Think Tramlines main stage Headliners will be Blossoms, Jamie T and Paul Heaton.

23 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I will be at Tramlines again this year so read the Victorious thread as well as the other Super Struct threads with interest. 

Firstly if you get Kasabian you will not be disappointed.  They blew Tramlines away last year. 

I am hoping we get Jamiroquai as a shared headliner with Victorious but as you say think this may be a stand alone. 

As Tramlines have had Royal Blood, Kasabian and Nile Rodgers as Headliners recently can't see us having any of these from the Kendal line up.  However Blossoms have only subbed previously so can see them being there.

Think Tramlines main stage Headliners will be Blossoms, Jamie T and Paul Heaton.

Yeah I reckon Jamie T could certainly be doing the rounds so that makes sense.  Do you think both Blossoms and H&A as 2 headliners would be too small? I can see one but both would be slightly dissapointing?

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah I reckon Jamie T could certainly be doing the rounds so that makes sense.  Do you think both Blossoms and H&A as 2 headliners would be too small? I can see one but both would be slightly dissapointing?

Yes I do think Blossoms and H&A are too small as a pair but that seems where we are at from what is out there.  Hopefully we will get a surprise. 

Regardless, at £100 for a great three days it represents great value and sure whoever is on the line up will be a top weekend.  Plus for me its not all about the Headliners - I have seen some top bands over last few years lower down the bill like Inhaler, The Snuts, The Lathams, Self Esteem, Shed 7, The Rifles, Little Man Tate, The Reytons, Sports Team, The Sherlocks, Magic Gang etc.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

could see TDCC doing this possibly?

deof think Kasabian nailed on, would be gutted if they were not tbh

I would be well gutted if TDCC didn't do this, after Bastille last year - sorry but they should have been Common. I think Kasabian are nailed on. If I had one dream for a Saturday night party - Pendulum or Disclosure would be amazing! Would love to see Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott too. Biffy Clyro? Laughing so much - way too big for this unfortunately, but you never know!

41 minutes ago, Musemonster said:

I would be well gutted if TDCC didn't do this, after Bastille last year - sorry but they should have been Common. I think Kasabian are nailed on. If I had one dream for a Saturday night party - Pendulum or Disclosure would be amazing! Would love to see Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott too. Biffy Clyro? Laughing so much - way too big for this unfortunately, but you never know!

Disclosure are firm main stage headliners, probably too big for Victorious

Biffy aren't about it seems but their stock is definitely not growing anymore, don't think they would be too out of the realms of possibility.

Don’t want rain on anyone’s parade but I’d heard from a reliable source things aren’t too rosy in the biffy camp, tour dates were unlikely and Simon was doing his side project this year

I was hoping we’d get another line up announcement (not vic) that might give us a clue today 🤷‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Don’t want rain on anyone’s parade but I’d heard from a reliable source things aren’t too rosy in the biffy camp, tour dates were unlikely and Simon was doing his side project this year

I was hoping we’d get another line up announcement (not vic) that might give us a clue today 🤷‍♂️ 

He’s defo doing a side thing atm.  Tbf, they’ve toured extensively for what seems like forever so maybe a break is a good thing.

Seems like no lineup until Thursday for Y not but if we take 2 some rumours posted by people:

Y Not - Royal Blood, Kasabian, Editors, DMA’s, The Enemy

Tramlines - Heaton & Abbott, Jamiraqoui, Blossoms

Would be happy to share Kasabian with Y Not and I reckon Heaton & Abbott will have a sub/castle headliner spot for Tramlines

• Upvote 1

Is it usually just Kendal, Tramlines and Truck that we usually look at for Line up ideas? Just read the following.....

Providence Equity-owned Superstruct owns and operates more than 30 large scale festivals and live music events globally. They include the UK’s Victorious Festival (100,000), South West Four (20,000), Kendal Calling (25,000), Truck (10,000), Tramlines (40,000) and Boardmasters (50,000), along with Croatian festival Hideout (15,000), Sziget (95,000) in Hungary, Flow (10,000) in Finland and Oya (15,000) in Norway.

...do we look at crossovers from the likes of Boardmasters, Sziget etc?

Sziget looks to have a much bigger budget. Amyl and the Sniffers are at a few of these as well as Victorious. Would love some Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes and IDLES at Victorious. 

3 hours ago, sisco said:

He’s defo doing a side thing atm.  Tbf, they’ve toured extensively for what seems like forever so maybe a break is a good thing.

Seems like no lineup until Thursday for Y not but if we take 2 some rumours posted by people:

Y Not - Royal Blood, Kasabian, Editors, DMA’s, The Enemy

Tramlines - Heaton & Abbott, Jamiraqoui, Blossoms

Would be happy to share Kasabian with Y Not and I reckon Heaton & Abbott will have a sub/castle headliner spot for Tramlines

Agree with kasabian and Paul Heaton/Jacqui Abbott from that selection.  

Reckon The View could be a good shout too, just announced for Trnsmt this morning.  Maybe not as likely, but would please me, are The Blinders who’ve also been announced for trnsmt.  Have a feeling they’re more reading/Leeds though

On 1/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, HarryHammer said:

Every gig they (WA) play or get reviewed for it's top notch... probably one of the stand out slots last year at Glasto and Reading and all you read is that they deserve the headline notch... I'd be very very happy to have the 2022 Brit Group of the Year and can't see how we should be looking `bigger'??

Regarding Fender had been watching him the past 3 or 4 years.. saw him 4 times before Vicky last year... that bloke has always had the world at his feet... I will say I thought he looked knackered last year and was probably his less energetic gig I have seen from him and the boys... too be expected I suppose??

The Reytons could be in the same situ' as exploding on the scene... they are playing it superbly at the moment and their spot last year at Vicky was one of the highlights... would love to see them back.

Anyway I suppose it's a case of watching this space... 

Like I said re the Reytons... they have just stormed to a number one spot in the Album charts... fully deserved as well...

3 minutes ago, retrokev said:

common fri. JK  castle fri. Ashcroft

common sat. 2door castle sat. Hacienda

common sund . Kasabian castle. Years and years.

Hacienda are playing Margate on the Saturday but like the thinking of them playing.  

Im pretty certain Sigrid is the Sunday Castle headliner 

On 1/28/2023 at 9:06 PM, retrokev said:

common fri. JK  castle fri. Ashcroft

common sat. 2door castle sat. Hacienda

common sund . Kasabian castle. Years and years.

Very plausible, especially would like the Friday!

What about The Who as an outside shout? Just announced a load of dates earlier in the summer.  Would be class!

probably more likely but less to my taste, sir Tom Jones as the special afternoon slot?!

17 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Very plausible, especially would like the Friday!

What about The Who as an outside shout? Just announced a load of dates earlier in the summer.  Would be class!

probably more likely but less to my taste, sir Tom Jones as the special afternoon slot?!

Possibly 2 names a bit big for Victorious!

We should be able to make some better guesses after the Tramlines, Truck and Y Not announcements this week.  Had a little look through based on last years announcements and what was shared between Victorious and those other festivals:

Tramlines - Shared 1 headliner + another 9 Mainstage (castle -common) acts

Truck - Shared 1 headliner + another  5 acts

Y Not - Shared 1 headliner + another 5 acts

In all honesty as it’s moved to 3 full days they’ll probably share even more this year 

50 minutes ago, sisco said:

We should be able to make some better guesses after the Tramlines, Truck and Y Not announcements this week.  Had a little look through based on last years announcements and what was shared between Victorious and those other festivals:

Tramlines - Shared 1 headliner + another 9 Mainstage (castle -common) acts

Truck - Shared 1 headliner + another  5 acts

Y Not - Shared 1 headliner + another 5 acts

In all honesty as it’s moved to 3 full days they’ll probably share even more this year 

what days are y not and tramlines announcing?