Second Helping

maelzoid

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

Simz finished her set with "See you next time on the Pyramid" 

Couldn't tell if it was just a flex, or a nod to next year

Don’t think it was a nod to next year, more a pretty accurate assumption based on her current trajectory. With another album as good as SIMBI, she could easily headline Other or sub the Pyramid. 

Edited by kalifire

10 hours ago, K2SO said:

Yeah Heat Waves is a bit of a freak of a track, but I feel like with a new album, they could headline JP (They're of a similar popularity to Jamie T/Charli XCX, surely?) or get them on the Pyramid at about 3pm when there's potentially not a great deal of competition.

I agree about how dead the crowd was though. I really like their last couple of albums, so I was disappointed when the crowd was quite reserved for the majority of their set... Though I don't think that their setlist or technical issues helped them. They should have absolutely added in Pork Soda.

They didn't play Pork Soda?! Love Glass Animals, but left after the first three songs; really wasn't feeling it with the crowd. Think it's the first time a crowd has swayed me away from an act. Saw Porridge Radio instead who smashed it out of the park.

1 hour ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

Sigrid - she was freaking awesome, definitely deserves a bigger slot next year. 

That would make it 4 in a row. She played in 2017 had a fallow, played 2019, covid and then booked for 2022.  2019 she was on Other late afternoon and that was great. So whenever she is back its Pyramid at 4pm most likely.

Edited by Suprefan

12 hours ago, K2SO said:

Serious one though... Potentially Glass Animals. They are still playing Dreamland, which was released in 2020. It's not unreasonable to think they could be on their next cycle by then.

Maybe a JP headline slot or an afternoon Pyramid slot

They are re-releasing Dreamland with bonus tracks in August and doing small shows to promote it. Probably will bolster heat waves for another few months, its almost 2 years on now. Very unlikely a new album will be out by 2023 as a result i reckon.

26 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

They didn't play Pork Soda?! Love Glass Animals, but left after the first three songs; really wasn't feeling it with the crowd. Think it's the first time a crowd has swayed me away from an act. Saw Porridge Radio instead who smashed it out of the park.

cut due to time issues after the time wasted at the start

28 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

That would make it 4 in a row. She played in 2017 had a fallow, played 2019, covid and then booked for 2022.  2019 she was on Other late afternoon and that was great. So whenever she is back its Pyramid at 4pm most likely.

cant say as i'd really heard of her before - had IoW on telly in the background the other week thinking how utterly boring it all looked, then Sigrid came on and i just thought daaaaaaamn she's great!

i hate the JP stage but i'm so glad i made the effort this time, was a really great show, would love to see her out on a bigger stage in the sun.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

They are re-releasing Dreamland with bonus tracks in August and doing small shows to promote it. Probably will bolster heat waves for another few months, its almost 2 years on now. Very unlikely a new album will be out by 2023 as a result i reckon.

cut due to time issues after the time wasted at the start

A re-re-release!? That's absolutely ridiculous. They re-issued it last year with I Don't Wanna Talk on it. Okay, yeah I'll take them off the table now.

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

A re-re-release!? That's absolutely ridiculous. They re-issued it last year with I Don't Wanna Talk on it. Okay, yeah I'll take them off the table now.

Reasoning was because they never got to do a small show tour. There's some pretty cool new versions they have done in fairness. You never know though, lead singer currently has lost his gear with British Airways ala Khruangbin and in the tweet at BA he said he needed it for new music deadlines.