Cheap Tickets / Seatfiller links Thread

gfa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, WStoner said:

Free tickets for Drumsheds this weekend - https://go.kaboodle.co.uk/bugged-out-f&f-bs

Hot Chip, Erol Alkan, Orbital, Basement Jaxx and others playing. Must have sold really badly 😞 

Wow that's not a good start!  

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

Wow that's not a good start!  

Was really tempted to go, but it's a long long way from St Pancras and would need to leave early to get the last train back to deepest darkest South East Kent

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Was really tempted to go, but it's a long long way from St Pancras and would need to leave early to get the last train back to deepest darkest South East Kent

I’ve just been having this conversation with my mate, was trying to talk him into it. You must be quite close to me… it doesn’t get much more deeper or darker than my corner of SE Kent! 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I’ve just been having this conversation with my mate, was trying to talk him into it. You must be quite close to me… it doesn’t get much more deeper or darker than my corner of SE Kent! 

I grew up in Thanet, moved abroad for 25 years, now back in the UK and in Deal, even slightly more deeper and darker than you!

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I grew up in Thanet, moved abroad for 25 years, now back in the UK and in Deal, even slightly more deeper and darker than you!

Yep that is deep! London in 70 mins and the new Thanet Parkway is all well and good but try and get home after a day event or club in London! 😕 

Just now, stuie said:

Yep that is deep! London in 70 mins and the new Thanet Parkway is all well and good but try and get home after a day event or club in London! 😕 

Tell me about it, spend the last third of every set twitching and checking the time before deciding when to leg it back to St P

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brendan84 said:

Bought tickets for this a couple of days ago off twickets for a decent price the free ones must have gone quick 

Free ones still available! 

27 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Hi @Mardy and @stuie I’m in St Margaret’s at Cliffe and feel your pain- my husband is always making me leave London gigs during the encore to get back to St P which is highly annoying.

really willing the music scene in Margate to keep on the up! 

It's all so much better than when I was growing up round here, Folkestone QuarterHouse, Ramsgate Music Hall, Elsewhere etc it's all to the good. But not having a car at the moment means the Thanet stuff is a bit of a pain in the hole.

2 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Hi @Mardy and @stuie I’m in St Margaret’s at Cliffe and feel your pain- my husband is always making me leave London gigs during the encore to get back to St P which is highly annoying.

My worst ones this year have been the All Points East days - literally having to leave half way through the headliners to get back to St P from Victoria Park! 

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

It's all so much better than when I was growing up round here, Folkestone QuarterHouse, Ramsgate Music Hall, Elsewhere etc it's all to the good. But not having a car at the moment means the Thanet stuff is a bit of a pain in the hole.

Margate is definitely exceeding the expectations on the music front these last few years.  I was involved with the Save Dreamland Campaign back in the day trying to ensure it stayed open as an amusement park - never in my wildest expectations did I expect it to turn into a music venue and to bring the artists to the town that it has.  After some investment wobbles and then covid closures it's now solid and has a bright future. 

We just need the Winter Gardens back and town has a great offering again. Both of these situations were caused by our completely incompetent council. 

Anyway, that's quite off topic for this post! 

P.S. love Ramsgate Music Hall - been to some great gigs there.

2 hours ago, brendan84 said:

Damn was checking regular yesterday after seeing on here  and was saying sold put on the links!

Paid 27 quid each for.ones that are 50plus fv

Oh well.

Since I got the free tickets my Facebook ads are constantly pushing the paid event tickets to me but I checked the link still works this morning for a friend.

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

My worst ones this year have been the All Points East days - literally having to leave half way through the headliners to get back to St P from Victoria Park! 

Margate is definitely exceeding the expectations on the music front these last few years.  I was involved with the Save Dreamland Campaign back in the day trying to ensure it stayed open as an amusement park - never in my wildest expectations did I expect it to turn into a music venue and to bring the artists to the town that it has.  After some investment wobbles and then covid closures it's now solid and has a bright future. 

We just need the Winter Gardens back and town has a great offering again. Both of these situations were caused by our completely incompetent council. 

Anyway, that's quite off topic for this post! 

P.S. love Ramsgate Music Hall - been to some great gigs there.

This is great news re Dreamlands, I’ve really enjoyed my gigs there. Winter Gardens opening again would be good!

Hope you’ve managed to get yourself down to Faith in Strangers too. 

3 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ha well you and my sister might be the only ones to live there and it’s in the back of beyond and a pain to get to … if you see someone in the village walking 2 labradoodles  that’s her 🙂 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ha well you and my sister might be the only ones to live there and it’s in the back of beyond and a pain to get to … if you see someone in the village walking 2 labradoodles  that’s her 🙂 

Your sister lives in my village??? Fair chance I know her then.  We also have a labradoodle too 😆

33 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Hope you’ve managed to get yourself down to Faith in Strangers too. 

Yes, another great venue for the area... went there for Homoelectric pride after party and Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) last year and LTJ Bukem earlier this year.  I don't know how old you are but it used to be one of my regular haunts back when it was Franks nightclub (I'm old lol)