Skipping a headliner - what else to see?

Glast0baby

If none of the headliners appealed to you on one night, where would you go to take advantage of smaller crowds and get a bit of that Glasto experience?  Rather than bemoaning that I'm not loving one of the night's 9-11am listings, I am looking at it as an opportunity to beat queues and crowds!

I have in the past gone down South East Corner to go around when it's a little busier but not heaving, gone down the rabbit hole  (without having to queue) and my fallback whenever there is any lull in the schedule is to head to the Theatre and Circus fields. I have never failed to find something interesting or entertaining in there. 

I've been to the Glade and Avalon for my non-main stage headliners before and had an absolute blast. One thing to do if nothing really grabs you is to go up the hill and take a look over the site whilst all the main stages are in action, it is a fantastic sight!

maybe an opportunity to hit NYC downlow instead of a stage. Getting into SE Corner prior to 11 will be an absolute breeze, so just wander on in at your leisure and take a look around without the huge crowds.

Sometimes not having a headliner can be a blessing

7 minutes ago, Glast0baby said:

If none of the headliners appealed to you on one night, where would you go to take advantage of smaller crowds and get a bit of that Glasto experience?  Rather than bemoaning that I'm not loving one of the night's 9-11am listings, I am looking at it as an opportunity to beat queues and crowds!

I sound like I'm shilling it at this point but we stayed at Williams Green one night watching the Sheepdogs instead of Rolling Stones.

The band were great craic and really got the crowd going, they clearly appreciated anyone staying while the stones played on the Pyramid

34 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I sound like I'm shilling it at this point but we stayed at Williams Green one night watching the Sheepdogs instead of Rolling Stones.

The band were great craic and really got the crowd going, they clearly appreciated anyone staying while the stones played on the Pyramid

I was gutted to miss the Sheepdogs that night, always wondered how it went. Such a horrendous clash for them as a somewhat retro guitar band. Glad to hear it went well!

We tend to pick one night every year to try and get into the SE corner before the headliners kick out.  If you can get there by 10:30 - 11:00 you tend to get straight in.  If you go at midnight, the queue can be horrendous.  Plenty to see once you're in there.