The Shoppies

CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, willgooneday said:

Would they be likely to get bumped up to the pyramid if they came back? Probably not a headliner but there clearly going to the band to see if they're on anywhere. 

I don’t think so. Inasmuch as headlining Other gave them darkness to emphasise their visuals. It was a perfect setting for them.

1 minute ago, willgooneday said:

Would they be likely to get bumped up to the pyramid if they came back? Probably not a headliner but there clearly going to the band to see if they're on anywhere. 

I don't see it - and even if they did it would never top that.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

I have not experienced so many hits in such a small amount of time at any gig / festival ever.

It was just phenomenal. They were so good and carried it off with such style. A perfect end to the festival.

A tidal wave of bangers. Right up there with Chic on West Holts as one of Glastonbury's greatest ever parties.

From a friend … these were the issues at the start … he didn’t even know as an avid psb fan

The front screen didn’t go up and Neil had to walk around it wearing his headpiece. Chris’ headpiece has horizontal bars over his eyes, unlike Neil’s,  so it was safer to use the keyboard behind the LED screen than walk around to the front one.

That's why Chris didn't come out to the front at the start of the gig

Honestly it only provided the kind of ironic humour that they themselves represent.  

It's funny, for many years I'd found the Sunday a bit of a debbie downer but in recent years I've ended the festival with insane gigs that I'll always remember.  Coldplay saved my 2016, The Cure made my 2019 and the Pet shop boys love in in 2022 was the perfect note to end the festival on. 

This was my set of the festival from the comfort of my sofa hands down. I’m actually really excited to watch it again. 

Neil’s voice is mesmerising, songs were wall to wall bangers, lights fab, outfits, dancers. The crowd were having the best time from the shots shown on the tv. 

I don’t think many things will top this one for me. What a way to close the festival. Reminds me of LCD vibes in 2016.
Obviously I would have preferred to be there but life doesn’t always go to plan and the TV coverage has been amazing. 

• Like 1