Wednesday vs Thursday Entry

kemosabe

3 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Yeah, in previous years just the disposable ones. Think they might be banned this year (I might have made that up!). I also have a pack flat BBQ that doubles as a fire pit which is excellent for camping, if you had a few coals and firelighters it would do the trick (I'll see if I can find the link). edit .....here it is https://www.millets.co.uk/15989045/eurohike-foldable-bbq-15989045/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3IqSBhCoARIsAMBkTb2OgOVTHQutL4l5k1wUT141ykeFaeGqyelmO4bIGbseNwKeWngAyYkaAqu7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cheers! Bbq always great fun

1 minute ago, incident said:

In that case the easy answer is Lime Kiln and (the general public) part of Wicket Ground, as they tend to be amongst the least populated parts of site - especially the closer you get to Gate 6.

Cracking view from the high ground on Lime Kiln as well, arguably as good as the view from the top of The Park.

Milky milky in the morning too. Toilets are always clean.

Cant beat a pint of milk and a plopsie first thing.

I’ve always arrived on the Wednesday and this will be number 8, our group is from 4 different locations so I actually find the morning a bit stressful until we have all arrive and got a camping spot together, (I get anxious about really stupid things and I know it but I can’t help it) then always the same routine of walk up to the park and have a beer by the sign.

I love the Thursday morning when you wake up and realise you have nothing to do for the whole day, this is what I’d miss most about coming on a Thursday

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 5:43 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’ve arrived on Thursday as much as I’ve arrived on Wednesday in the past, as some of my mates prefer to arrive on the Thursday as they think 5 days on the lash is just too much. On the times I’ve come on Thursday I have found it incredibly difficult looking at things like the webcam and having the feeling of missing out, especially if I’ve also been at work whilst doing it. I’d always come on Wednesday by choice (I am this year) but Thursday isn’t so bad, it’s just the fomo, but by the time Sunday rolls around, arriving on the Thursday will probably be paying dividends, so it has its advantages.

I've avoided this easily, because the Wednesday before Glastonbury is always sports day at my school, so I'm out on a field all day without the opportunity to check the webcam. Last time around we arrived Wednesday evening. 2017 we arrived Thursday 10am, but into WV and I hadn't been before so didn't know what I was missing.

In fairness, Wednesday was my least favourite night of the 2019 festival anyway, so I don't feel too bad about tipping up on Thursday. 

On 3/29/2022 at 4:36 PM, Levitz said:

Yeah, in previous years just the disposable ones. Think they might be banned this year (I might have made that up!). I also have a pack flat BBQ that doubles as a fire pit which is excellent for camping, if you had a few coals and firelighters it would do the trick (I'll see if I can find the link). edit .....here it is https://www.millets.co.uk/15989045/eurohike-foldable-bbq-15989045/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3IqSBhCoARIsAMBkTb2OgOVTHQutL4l5k1wUT141ykeFaeGqyelmO4bIGbseNwKeWngAyYkaAqu7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I believe they are allowed, as long as they're raised off the ground, so you need some sort of stand. This was certainly the case at Worthy pastures. 

On 3/29/2022 at 4:42 PM, shuttlep said:

Wednesday and Thursday are my best days , Friday and the music comes and ruins my weekend 🙂 

i arrive in Wells on Tuesday night , have drinks eat. arrive on site Wednesday morning 

Ah yes the Tuesday night pub dinner wherever you're staying. A staple part of the festival nowadays

We generally arrive around lunchtime on the Wednesday, arrival time really just based on journey time (4-5 hours).  Love the Wednesday.

This year we are going to stay overnight in a pub nearish to site, just to break up the journey and arrive a bit earlier to get a better camping spot.

Just got to decide now what time to arrive to try and hit the sweet spot, avoiding the mad initial rush/queue but also not leaving it too late.  What time that is I don't know.  Expect it'll just end up being pretty random!