Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

I can certainly see the appeal of those two perks, but you didn't feel it lost something in terms of the crowd? 

There are many posters here who like to go to a festival and get forward of the soundstage for atmosphere and the view. 

Oh I get that, and usually do. To be fair we were mostly stood singing along with the others there too. I didn't really miss being sardined together for 4 hours just to get a good spot and having to fight my way in and out if wanting a beer or the toilet 😃

Edited by cdm22

18 hours ago, cdm22 said:

Saw Depeche Mode (for the first time in 31 years! Shhh!) at the O2 from the Ladbrookes Live suite after winning tickets and they were flipping great and the crowd were very much up for it. Saying that, they were utterly motionless for Nadine Shah supporting who was also good I thought. It's a shame I can't use a suite everytime we go to the O2 as being able to order drinks delivered to your seat so you don't miss anything and the toilets being 30 seconds away was rather excellent 😃 

16 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Think Depeche Mode's current setlist might be close to the best they've done this century. Gets in plenty of the hits across all generations.

Saw Depeche Mode last night in Manchester. 10th time and one of the best. They were superb

Last Dinner Party / Picture Parlour at the Fleece.

Picture Parlour - derivative, felt like someone listened to AM twice and Cheap Thrills once and made a band as a result.

Last Dinner Party... The real deal. Absolutely unbelievable. Didn't know anything before buying a ticket. Truly amazing.

Has anybody been to any of the show + signing events at Rough Trade East London before?

Just wondering exactly how it works with regards to the signing aspect of it, can you get pictures? Is it like 1 item per person to be signed? How long does it last? Thanks!

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Saw Depeche Mode in Glasgow tonight. First time since 1986. 

Superb. They are a top top Pyramid headliner that needs to happen. Insane it’s not been sorted thus far. 

Screenshot_20230626_184946_Twitter.jpg

• Like 1

Depeche Mode historically seem to have form for missing hits out. But if they were happy to actually play a straight bat, they'd be a slam dunk triumph.

Every drunk uncle and aunt at a wedding loves Just Can't Get Enough. Ultimate encore party starter, right there.

21 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Depeche Mode historically seem to have form for missing hits out. But if they were happy to actually play a straight bat, they'd be a slam dunk triumph.

Every drunk uncle and aunt at a wedding loves Just Can't Get Enough. Ultimate encore party starter, right there.

Hands up to say I pretty much can't stand that song 😂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Two, actually. I'm a massive fan of DM and I can't stand it. It's been their encore a few times and I've taken that opportunity to get out before the mad rush 

Yep it was just a more general point about how you can't please all of the people all of the time. It's definitely not my favourite of theirs either.

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've had enough of just can't get enough

*SORRY I MISQUOTED ON MY POST ABOVE.

Me, too. That song should go, along with LWTUA from the New Order concert.

Saw them at Hydro last night and also Twickenham last year. Both were great shows. Some songs and the visuals were changed between two. Black Celebration was an added bonus in Glasgow.

To be honest with you, though, I miss their live drum-less days. Album-wise, I’m not so keen on their post-SOFAD catalogue in general.

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

It's dreadful and ranks along with Come on Eileen as two of the most annoying ubiquitous wedding disco tunes.

2 hours ago, zzzfest2.0 said:

*SORRY I MISQUOTED ON MY POST ABOVE.

Me, too. That song should go, along with LWTUA from the New Order concert.

Saw them at Hydro last night and also Twickenham last year. Both were great shows. Some songs and the visuals were changed between two. Black Celebration was an added bonus in Glasgow.

To be honest with you, though, I miss their live drum-less days. Album-wise, I’m not so keen on their post-SOFAD catalogue in general.

Black Celebration slaps. 

I tend to agree with you on the drums. Gimme the 101 set up any day.

Saw Never The Bride at The Acapela near Cardiff last night.  Just a two woman gig with drum machine instead of their normal five piece line up.  But wow!  Stunning vocals from Nikki Lambourne.  One of the finest voices in rock and a great entertainer.  Worth catching if they gig near you.

Coach Party (bottom pic) and then Bombay Bicycle Club at Bristol Beacon last night. I knolew I really liked a couple of tracks beforehand but wasn't on my radar until someone else suggested.   They went down a storm and the venue has cracking acoustics - so even though it was all pretty loud, when they feature solos from backing vocals, trumpet or bass they really came to the fore.

20240205_213202.jpg

20240205_211945.jpg

20240205_201855.jpg

Edited by clarkete