Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

1 hour ago, Green.flash said:

Tempting fate I know, but what’s the deal with lake swimming? Do you have to go on the paid tour thing or can you just take your swimmers and have a dip?

In previous years, you could just take your kit and swim in a marked-off area. Busy in the mornings before any of the acts start

I hope @Miyn doesn't mind but I've just had a little tinker with the clashfinder, specifically the Thursday. I've only just registered so haven't ever done it before, but I thought it might help a little bit. The lavish lounge timings are just off the top of my head, but are based on the instant scorechestra finishing at midnight, as it did the last time it was at the festival.

I'll try to update it when information comes in.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paulbusbloke said:

Does anyone know what's happened to James Arthur. He's still on the poster but missing from everywhere else ???

Wishful thinking?

Looks like he's still on the clashfinder unfortunately 

Edited by km9
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Paulbusbloke said:

Does anyone know what's happened to James Arthur. He's still on the poster but missing from everywhere else ???

Someone said yesterday he'd come off the lineup and after looking round apprently he's had some surgery, don't know if this means he's out now properly 

1 hour ago, km9 said:

Wishful thinking?

Looks like he's still on the clashfinder unfortunately 

The clashfinder is updated by miyn and other people on here based on what's been announced, if he is still on that it only means that it hasn't been updated, doesn't mean he's still playing. 

If he isn't on the poster he must have dropped out. Likely they will replace with someone but they don't always shout about it.

14 hours ago, km9 said:

I hope @Miyn doesn't mind but I've just had a little tinker with the clashfinder, specifically the Thursday. I've only just registered so haven't ever done it before, but I thought it might help a little bit. The lavish lounge timings are just off the top of my head, but are based on the instant scorechestra finishing at midnight, as it did the last time it was at the festival.

I'll try to update it when information comes in.

Yeah, no worries, thanks for the help! Out of interest, did you find the Lavish Lounge timings online, or is it just an estimate? I'm not sure what time on Friday the schedule will come out, but I should be able to get the full line-up put into a clashfinder by the evening.

8 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

The clashfinder is updated by miyn and other people on here based on what's been announced, if he is still on that it only means that it hasn't been updated, doesn't mean he's still playing. 

If he isn't on the poster he must have dropped out. Likely they will replace with someone but they don't always shout about it.

I've updated it now, I realised last night after I saw a comment online mentioning he wasn't going to be there. Latitude are terrible for keeping people informed about this kind of stuff as he's still on the poster. But he isn't on the app and if you click through to the artist A-Z he isn't there either. I hope they replace him, as pretty much anyone would be an improvement in my opinion.

1657741468839.thumb.jpg.1ee955861d466b7ccece58a5e2abe30e.jpg

9 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

If him and Mark Owen end up pulling out they may as well cancel the whole thing...

The people who camp by the Obelisk all day with camping chairs and picnic blanket crew aren't going to be happy if that happens! Mark Owen actually seems a really popular booking on Twitter and Facebook, I think he's built up a bit of a cult following. There's a video of him playing at Isle of Wight, which probably matches his target demographic the most. It looks like 3/9 songs are Take That ones, would be interested to know if his fans are interested in his solo material, of if they're just there for the singalongs. Here's the setlist and video:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mark-owen/2022/seaclose-park-newport-england-5bb45f90.html

Edited by Miyn

Hi @Miyn, the timings are just pure guesswork, just to give you or myself something to work with on Friday when they're announced. I remember that the last time instant scorechestra was there it finished at midnight and then a soul dj came on, so I'm guessing it will be similar 

20 minutes ago, km9 said:

People who sit on their camping chairs in front of the stage = cults?

I meant it as two separate things. At the back of the Obelisk, a lot of families or older couples bring camping chairs and picnic blankets and camp there for a few hours. I think Mark Owen will go down well with these people, more so than pretty much anyone else on that stage.

I think he's got a lot of dedicated fans, as I see his name being brought up a lot on Twitter and Facebook more so than a lot of the names on the line-up. I've also seen a couple of fan accounts, or people using his photo as their profile picture.

22 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I meant it as two separate things. At the back of the Obelisk, a lot of families or older couples bring camping chairs and picnic blankets and camp there for a few hours. I think Mark Owen will go down well with these people, more so than pretty much anyone else on that stage.

I think he's got a lot of dedicated fans, as I see his name being brought up a lot on Twitter and Facebook more so than a lot of the names on the line-up. I've also seen a couple of fan accounts, or people using his photo as their profile picture.

I was only messing. The chair people aren't cults, they're something similar though 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, km9 said:

I was only messing. The chair people aren't cults, they're something similar though 

It's going to be like an assault course trying to get down the front for Modest Mouse and Tribes. 

• Like 1

I had a quick look on the app, trying to spot any changes, and I found a few:

• James Arthur cancelled, as mentioned above.
  • lozeak missing from the app.
  • Charlie Hickey missing from the app.
  • Been Stellar missing from the app.

Also realised Wet are no longer playing, I think they got replaced by Been Stellar but it looks like they might not be playing anymore.

The amount of names on the Obelisk is a bit weird at the moment with James Arthur cancelling. We've got 8 on the Friday, 6 on the Saturday, and 7 on the Sunday. I presume they'll try and find a replacement for James Arthur, at the moment they aren't really saying much, and they're not bothering to update the poster which is mildly infuriating.

They also confirmed that the map will be added onto the app on Friday, but I don't imagine they'll be much change from last year. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Miyn said:

I had a quick look on the app, trying to spot any changes, and I found a few:

• James Arthur cancelled, as mentioned above.
  • lozeak missing from the app.
  • Charlie Hickey missing from the app.
  • Been Stellar missing from the app.

Also realised Wet are no longer playing, I think they got replaced by Been Stellar but it looks like they might not be playing anymore.

The amount of names on the Obelisk is a bit weird at the moment with James Arthur cancelling. We've got 8 on the Friday, 6 on the Saturday, and 7 on the Sunday. I presume they'll try and find a replacement for James Arthur, at the moment they aren't really saying much, and they're not bothering to update the poster which is mildly infuriating.

They also confirmed that the map will be added onto the app on Friday, but I don't imagine they'll be much change from last year. 

I seem to remember last year they were fantastic over the actual weekend announcing anyone who had pulled out and replacing them quickly but they didn't actually say Snow Patrol and First Aid Kit had pulled out till the lineup dropped.

I wonder if they're just waiting till tomorrow to announce the replacements instead of having to do multiple posts for who's in and who's out

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I seem to remember last year they were fantastic over the actual weekend announcing anyone who had pulled out and replacing them quickly but they didn't actually say Snow Patrol and First Aid Kit had pulled out till the lineup dropped.

I wonder if they're just waiting till tomorrow to announce the replacements instead of having to do multiple posts for who's in and who's out

Yeah, they had a mini poster for 2021, with Capaldi, Bastille, First Aid Kit and Snow Patrol on. Only got announced that three out of four had pulled out until they released the updated poster. I think they were still selling tickets during this time which is a bit cheeky, but if they didn't have anyone to announce after they pulled out, there's not much they could do.

They were quite good at announcing who had pulled out and who was replacing them last year, if you had signal and could access their Twitter. I didn't get a drop of data last year, which caused me to leave The Snuts early to get a good spot for PVA, only to get there and realise that they weren't playing.

If anyone from any festival, and especially Latitude is reading this, take notes. You should have a board near the enterance to the Arena where you write down any line-up changes, drop outs, replacements, changes to the schedule or whatever. Especially at festivals which don't have consistent signal, but it should be the norm for all. Otherwise I'm looking at a printed programme, a clashfinder which doesn't get updated during the festival, or the app which isn't recieving signal so isn't getting the changes. If it wasn't for my mate who could get a little signal, I'd have turned up to a non existent Arlo Parks set, and I'd have left Chemical Brothers early to watch the end of Fontaines, only to be greeted by Sleaford Mods who I have zero interest in. I know I'm moaning a bit, but it's a simple addition that could save a few people from turning up to see people who aren't going to be there. It would be especially useful last year and this, where there was, and there's likely to be more replacements than usual.

But yeah, we'll see tomorrow what they do with announcing replacements. I wouldn't be surprised if they just quietly replaced them, or adjusted the schedule to fill the gap they created, without making too much of a fuss. Especially with the acts that are missing from the app on the Sunrise. I expect James Arthur to get an announcement though. Something to note about the acts missing from the app on the Sunrise, is that they were all added to the the line-up fairly recently. They were all added without any real announcement, except the artists announcing it themselves and Latitude retweeting it. It feels a bit odd that they were adding quietly, and they've now been removed quietly.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Miyn said:

I didn't get a drop of data last year, which caused me to leave The Snuts early to get a good spot for PVA, only to get there and realise that they weren't playing.

Talking of PVA, they're playing The Outpost on Saturday night. I've managed to catch them since they cancelled last year, when they were supporting Dry Cleaning. I actually didn't rate them much, and I like a lot of their stuff. They opened with 20 minutes of unreleased stuff, before playing a couple of released ones. However they skipped their most played song, which is the one which helped them get to where they are. It seems to be a trend with new post punk bands refusing to play their popular stuff, and I'm not a fan. I'm not sure what time they'll be on, but if they're on after the headliners, I'll probably head down there after Groove Armada and give them a second chance.

Edited by Miyn
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Miyn said:

Talking of PVA, they're playing The Outpost on Saturday night. I've managed to catch them since they cancelled last year, when they were supporting Dry Cleaning. I actually didn't rate them much, and I like a lot of their stuff. They opened with 20 minutes of unreleased stuff, before playing a couple of released ones. However they skipped their most played song, which is the one which helped them get to where they are. It seems to be a trend with new post punk bands refusing to play their popular stuff, and I'm not a fan. I'm not sure what time they'll be on, but if they're on after the headliners, I'll probably head down there after Groove Armada and give them a second chance.

Saw Nuha Ruby Ra supporting yard act recently and she was pretty good. Wore an outstanding hat. 

Hello all. did Latitude ten years straight 2008-2017 but eventually falling out of love with the lineup as it changed tack after about 2013, then did it last year (good lineup and it beat COVID) and it was fun. Not doing it this year but want to wish everyone well, you'll have an amazing time regardless the lineup and I will miss Henham.

A couple of comments (trying to be helpful).

• PVA were fantastic fun at GM and EOTR (v sweaty) last year, Outpost could be fab.
  • Noticed that Panic Shack might be on that R1 list? They were also huge fun at Green Man on the Rising, if you like guitar and furious 2.5 minute songs.
  • Also last year saw Caroline twice EOTR/GM and then again earlier this year in Cambridge - they might not be 'fun' but its one of my albums of the year, I adore them frankly, and of you can cope with a bit of slowcore their talent is amazing and it ought to be fab in the theatre. Jimmy from them also plays the trumpet for Katy J, and loads of them (and Katy J) also join in the Broadside Hacks crew. Likely to be lots of feel good collaboration around that lot.

And I'd be back at Henham in a shot if TN or Arcade Fire were booked again. Have lots of fun.

• Upvote 1

Hi all, looking for some guidance, first time camping at Latitude (and also on these forums!). I see it opens at 8am on the Thursday, from previous experience what time do most people arrive? Does it get really busy queuing to get in at certain times etc. And is there a good time to turn up to ensure a decent camping spot?!