Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

11 minutes ago, MAs Fest Qs said:

Hi all, looking for some guidance, first time camping at Latitude (and also on these forums!). I see it opens at 8am on the Thursday, from previous experience what time do most people arrive? Does it get really busy queuing to get in at certain times etc. And is there a good time to turn up to ensure a decent camping spot?! 

Depends on your definition of good spot. If you mean as near to the arena as possible then be there around opening I imagine but I tend to get there around 1pm (after stopping at Two Magpies Bakery on the way. If you are driving and don't stop there you are missing an excellent start to your weekend) and don't normally queue to get in the car park, don't have a huge walk from the car park and have a good choice of camping spots in the quieter areas of the campsite.

This is all kind of dependant on what the map looks like when it comes out though cause they seem to be shrinking the regular camping more and more each year.

1 hour ago, MAs Fest Qs said:

Hi all, looking for some guidance, first time camping at Latitude (and also on these forums!). I see it opens at 8am on the Thursday, from previous experience what time do most people arrive? Does it get really busy queuing to get in at certain times etc. And is there a good time to turn up to ensure a decent camping spot?! 

It’s only last year it opened at 8am (for Covid checks) and previously was at lunchtime. It doesn’t take too long if there is a queue but they are pretty efficient. You can always just take your tents and tickets in for the first run and go back for other stuff later - you don’t have to go through the same checks once you have got your wristbands. 

The map and schedule are now live on the app, although the schedule is definitely incorrect in parts. The stages are alphabetical when they should be size order, and some acts on the same stage overlap or have very small changeover times. 

Edited by Miyn
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Miyn said:

The map and schedule are now live on the app, although the schedule is definitely incorrect in parts. The stages are alphabetical when they should be size order, and some acts on the same stage overlap or have very small changeover times. 

Is that in iOS? It isn't updated in Android yet in my phone.

28 minutes ago, Miyn said:

It's diabolical! Just tried to use the schedule and it's so poor. It has acts on Wednesday! The overlaps are weird, the layout is so unintuitive. 

It can't have been reviewed properly before it was released. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

It's diabolical! Just tried to use the schedule and it's so poor. It has acts on Wednesday! The overlaps are weird, the layout is so unintuitive. 

I think this happened last year as well, I don't understand how they can be so poor at this sort of stuff, they'll have had ages to check over it and make sure it's right. I think the start times are probably correct, but the ending times are definitely wrong on a lot of acts. They need to order the stages correctly as well. If they fix it soon, I'll try and get a clashfinder done tonight.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Happens each year. A few years ago it was only corrected on the Friday of the festival. 

Wow app is even worse than usual!  On tablet, still can't get it on my phone.

Spend a lot of time at Comedy which seems to have 3 acts on at the same time.

Also 3D seem to be missing from schedule, hoping that's an oversight and not a cancellation.

The "map" is laughable, if they were going to just have simple map why even bother overlaying on top if Google Maps?

You'd think Festival Republic could afford a decent app developer.

Agree with all your comments on the app but at least I can start planning. Saying that, Miyn’s draft clash finder looks to have been pretty accurate.  

one thing I’ve learnt, the comedy doesn’t go into the evening. Do you have to get there early for the big names, or can you just duck in at the last minute or during the act (won’t be doing that for the greeters guild guy in case of a critique of my lack of style) 

Edited by Green.flash
Typo

1 hour ago, Green.flash said:

Agree with all your comments on the app but at least I can start planning. Saying that, Miyn’s draft clash finder looks to have been pretty accurate.  

one thing I’ve learnt, the comedy doesn’t go into the evening. Do you have to get there early for the big names, or can you just duck in at the last minute or during the act (won’t be doing that for the greeters guild guy in case of a critique of my lack of style) 

Comedy is always busy. If you want a good spot for big acts you can't get there last minute. 

The schedule in the app has no stage times, right? Do we expect that times will be published before we have to head to the fest on Thursday?

EDIT - soz, realised prior chat in this thread already sort of covered this... were they supposed to be released today?! Only an hour left... 🙃

Edited by glastolover

38 minutes ago, glastolover said:

The schedule in the app has no stage times, right? Do we expect that times will be published before we have to head to the fest on Thursday?

EDIT - soz, realised prior chat in this thread already sort of covered this... were they supposed to be released today?! Only an hour left... 🙃

They're sort of out right now, but there's so many mistakes that it's not worth looking at. But if you go into the app, and then click schedule, there's a square on the left hand side of the orange strip at the top, where it says the days. That's where the schedule with the stage times is, and then you can click the days at the top and then scroll around to see clashes. Hopefully they get it fixed soon, as there's so many mistakes that it's a real pain trying to work out who clashes with who.

Er... confused! The app does now have times when you just view by stage... I am sure these were not there yesterday. Wondering if these times are new or the same info that you were getting in some way that I wasn't before?! Sounds pretty poor that there were loads of mistakes, wondering if this has now made it better... 

11 minutes ago, Paulbusbloke said:

Hello all, has anyone had their downloadable tickets from Ticketmaster yet?

Seem to be leaving it a bit late?

I've heard some people have been able to print them off. I think you have to go in your Ticketmaster account, rather than them emailing it to you. 

1 hour ago, glastolover said:

@Miyn - any chance you will be further updating the clashfinder? While the app is OK, it would definitely be good to have a proper clashfinder to print! The setup now is a good start, but lots of stages to add... or are you not able to or are you not thinking the schedule we have at the moment is right?

Yeah, I need to get round to updating it. I'll be able to do it tonight. I was waiting to see if they were going to update it, as most acts are somewhat incorrect.

Screenshot_2022-07-16-13-08-49-090_com.greencopper.android.latitude.thumb.jpg.1cc4cf3093df3ce08a70c7f4b444c4f1.jpg

Here there's three acts listed at the same time under the Comedy Arena, which is obviously incorrect as you can't have more than one act on at once. In the screenshot, the BBC Sounds has a clash as well, and they also need to account for changeover time with bands.

I'll be updating it later, and I'll assume they've at least got the starting time right, which seems sensible for all bar a few but oh well. I'll look at the previous year's changeover time for each stage and assume they're keeping the same amount of time this year.

It won't be perfect but it'll definitely be better than the app at the moment. Hopefully they get round to fixing during the next day or so. I have no idea how they haven't realised already, or how it got past any pre-launch checks. But if it gets updated too late e.g. during the festival, I won't be able to make any changes then.