Download 2023

17 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Yeah again I agree with @Andre91, Foals are an incredible band but they have never been a heavy band like Biffy started off as. Foals have no place being at Download and this is coming from someone who is a big fan of the band and saw (well heard rather than saw) them at Leeds Millennium Square this summer.

Biffy don't play any of that now though so what difference does it make?

43 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

I never understand the Biffy aren’t a Download band, clearly are they’ve had the most appearances for one, and they put on one hell of a show everytime.

This. Also find it utterly perplexing how in various interviews they’ve done in the past where they’ve been asked about their Download headline slot and had to justify and prove that they’re “heavy enough”. 

• Upvote 1

Not gonna lie, I kind of want to see a world where Foals play Download. One of my absolute favourite bands and they always put on a great show, but absolutely not a fit for Download.

I guess it’s one of those things that goes both ways. The Download faithful certainly aren’t going to take to them, and they’re not going to get any Foals fans in with Metallica/Slipknot also on the lineup. (Not saying Metallica and Slipknot fans automatically aren’t also into Foals, I just don’t think there’s much overlap)

Edited by TKOCF

8 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Thought I'd have a go at making my own. Pretty stacked for a first line-up IMO and don't expect us to get this many names in the first announcement but couldn't be arsed making a full lineup. Mostly realistic with some wishlist bands on my behalf.

Slide1.PNG

Beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheSeventhOne said:

Where's everyone getting these poster templates?

I just whipped it up myself. Found an image of the totem poles on google, found transparent logos and converted most of them from black to white then looked through the Download style guide that’s on their website to find the name of the main font used for the non-logo bands. Fairly easy to do and I didn’t use Photoshop either (I’m useless at that programme).

12 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Thought I'd have a go at making my own. Pretty stacked for a first line-up IMO and don't expect us to get this many names in the first announcement but couldn't be arsed making a full lineup. Mostly realistic with some wishlist bands on my behalf.

Slide1.PNG

I got really excited for a second

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I agree they used to be but not now. They are the least most wanted headliner and the crowd they get proves it.

On the flip side if the Download bookers tailored their day to fans of Biffy then maybe their crowd wouldn’t be so thin compared to the other headliners / acts before them. I think as the older attendees stop attending and the younger crowd who are into rock and metal start making up the majority of the clientele then their crowd will naturally be bigger next time around.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I agree they used to be but not now. They are the least most wanted headliner and the crowd they get proves it.

I'm sure many said the same in 2017, before and after the festival.

They will be back in one way or another as long as they keep touring, bands don't need to stay headliners forever if they're not pulling weight. Faith No More and The Offspring have both been dropped down before as necessary, I would bet Lostprophets would have too if that thing didn't happen.

2 hours ago, FeverDream said:

On the flip side if the Download bookers tailored their day to fans of Biffy then maybe their crowd wouldn’t be so thin compared to the other headliners / acts before them. I think as the older attendees stop attending and the younger crowd who are into rock and metal start making up the majority of the clientele then their crowd will naturally be bigger next time around.

You're forgetting the point that it Download tailored a day to Biffy Biffy of nowadays it would sell extremely poor and would not be a Download like lineup.....this is the issue.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You're forgetting the point that it Download tailored a day to Biffy Biffy of nowadays it would sell extremely poor and would not be a Download like lineup.....this is the issue.

Disagree. Tailor the main stage to Biffy and tailor the 2nd stage as an alternative to Biffy with typical Download bands. Keeps the weekend tickets holders happy and lures Biffy fans in for the day.

12 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Disagree. Tailor the main stage to Biffy and tailor the 2nd stage as an alternative to Biffy with typical Download bands. Keeps the weekend tickets holders happy and lures Biffy fans in for the day.

Well of course you would tailor the 2nd stage alternatively, that is what it's there for. Biffy fans don't want to go to Download to see them.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well of course you would tailor the 2nd stage alternatively, that is what it's there for. Biffy fans don't want to go to Download to see them.

I got a day ticket and I hoped it would be an opportunity for them to play some heavier songs. Didn't really see anyone on the 2nd stage apart from Steel Panther (girlfriend's choice). Some good new British rock on the other stages though - saw Static Dress, Phoxjaw, Boston Manor, Trash Boat, Lenman, Wargasm (and would have seen Modern Error but they clashed with Rise Against)