Boomtown Chapter 1: The Gathering

Jp2021

19 minutes ago, mr flow said:

There aren’t any massive headliners. It’s a solid line up with some decent names, but in my opinion, nothing that will make everyone want to go to one arena at the same time, so crowd should be evenly split.

mr flow shutting down all the talk about Gorillaz, Chemical Brothers and the Prodigy with a swift blow!

Edited by Harry3

26 minutes ago, Harry3 said:

mr flow shutting down all the talk about Gorillaz, Chemical Brothers and the Prodigy with a swift blow!

It's better to keep expectations on a more realistic level, than everyone moan when the acts of those size aren't announced 🙃

i really hope pendulum trinity are back. i’ve given up hope on wu-tang as i don’t think i’ve seen anything about them being active, same with de la soul after they just cancelled their dreamland gig. assume damian marley will be back but i’ll take or leave him.

underworld, orbital, kano and libs back would do me.

45 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

i really hope pendulum trinity are back. i’ve given up hope on wu-tang as i don’t think i’ve seen anything about them being active, same with de la soul after they just cancelled their dreamland gig. assume damian marley will be back but i’ll take or leave him.

underworld, orbital, kano and libs back would do me.

I think all of the artists you mentioned except damian marley would fit under mr flows dismissed "massive headliners".

1 hour ago, Harry3 said:

I think all of the artists you mentioned except damian marley would fit under mr flows dismissed "massive headliners".

I don’t know. Pendulum Trinity is just a DJ set and they play smaller clubs. Really don’t think any of those others qualify as massive. Maybe underworld. Deffo not kano and i wouldn’t have said libs either.

Remaining hopeful and realistic with those i reckon but yeah very prepared for none of em if so 

Edited by TheWaters

2 hours ago, Hawky93 said:

Imagining  a 2014 level lineup 

Would be pretty upset to be paying 260 plus pounds for smaller production less stages and a 2014 level lineup. 

I think it'll be no where near the size of lineup of say 2018-19 but they have to know the audience has changed since 2014

3 minutes ago, mr flow said:

It’s a bigger line up than 2014. There’s some great acts playing this year, I’m just trying to say don’t expect a Chemical Brothers, Prodigy style headliner. As I’ve said on numerous times, it’s a very solid Boomtown line up

At some point you're going to have to throw us a bone... anything you could leak? It is only 2 weeks away now 

11 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

At some point you're going to have to throw us a bone... anything you could leak? It is only 2 weeks away now 

Problem is, i know how hard they have worked to keep things under wraps, so it would be harsh for me to spoil the surprise this close to the festival. Plus, i'm djing this year, so when i announce where i'm playing on this chat closer to the festival, it's going to be really easy to trace where the mole has come from 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Problem is, i know how hard they have worked to keep things under wraps, so it would be harsh for me to spoil the surprise this close to the festival. Plus, i'm djing this year, so when i announce where i'm playing on this chat closer to the festival, it's going to be really easy to trace where the mole has come from 😁

I will be coming to see you 

4 hours ago, mr flow said:

What kinds of things do you play?