news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Keir Starmer became leader of the Labour Party just after they had been decimated in the 2019 general election and heavily down in the polls; they are now 15 points clear in the latest YouGov poll. He’s done a great job so far and given Labour a good chance of winning the next general election.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I live near the train line served by Avanti and can't say I was terribly impressed by their operation even before this service cut, cancelling advance ticket sales or the news story this week of passengers having to climb over a fence to get out of a Lake District station as the staff had gone home before a near 2 hour late train arrived.

Maybe the huff began when I got on one of their trains from MK to London for the first time in a while a few months back, to find it more expensive than LNWR despite the latter also offering non stop services.

As for Shapps, it's sometimes almost like Chris Grayling never left.

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

😄   Fair.

It is looking good for labour at moment, have to see what happens when Truss takes over...and how conference season goes.

Well, that anti-Beeb stunt on GBeebies has really whipped up the Social Media Right. They love that she’s “finally told the truth about the woke remoaning BBC”… Expect a huge boost if she carries on with that nonsense once she’s in the top job.

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Well, that anti-Beeb stunt on GBeebies has really whipped up the Social Media Right. They love that she’s “finally told the truth about the woke remoaning BBC”… Expect a huge boost if she carries on with that nonsense once she’s in the top job.

If she does follow that route and ends up as "Boris without the charm" (what a title!)  then we're in for interesting times ahead, especially on top of the bleak midwinter. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/20/tory-jitters-about-truss-she-will-just-come-across-as-boris-without-the-charm