news & politics:discussion

zahidf

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

fuckin'ell. Listening to Radio 4 PM programme and they're live from Cheltenham where there's one of these hustings things, and they're talking to some of the tory members attending, and they sound coherent and sane etc, but also like total fucking c**ts imo. These select few are deciding the future direction of this country. So wrong.

have you just discovered there'd people in this county who's views differ to yours?

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

fuckin'ell. Listening to Radio 4 PM programme and they're live from Cheltenham where there's one of these hustings things, and they're talking to some of the tory members attending, and they sound coherent and sane etc, but also like total fucking c**ts imo. These select few are deciding the future direction of this country. So wrong.

I'm sorry Steve but that is No shit Sherlock moment. The majority are in London and the South East and earn over 100k. They could not give a flying fuck about levelling up as long as they get their tax cuts. Maybe we need to move away from our present system and vote directly for a PM. Then this bollocks would not happen.

31 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I'm sorry Steve but that is No shit Sherlock moment. The majority are in London and the South East and earn over 100k. They could not give a flying fuck about levelling up as long as they get their tax cuts. Maybe we need to move away from our present system and vote directly for a PM. Then this bollocks would not happen.

what we need is a revolution.

Trouble is, I can't be arsed.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

That's my home town & I can confirm there's a lot of c**ts who live here. Having said that, it's a marginal seat - Tories have a majority of about 1,000 (and we voted Remain in 2016), so hopefully Alex Chalk will get his arse kicked down the road at the next election.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's net zero's fault according to lord frosty frost.

its a good job we have smart people like him helping the govt out, otherwise things would be a disaster.

Just now, steviewevie said:

when Truss reverses the NI rise, are Labour going to oppose that?

i hope they do, tho they'll get destroyed for it if they do, i hope they do cos social care and the nhs needs proper funding.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

in 12 months time we'll be all be wanting to Bring Back Boris.

not all, the wife with cancer that he divorced won't want him back.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

i hope they do, tho they'll get destroyed for it if they do, i hope they do cos social care and the nhs needs proper funding.

yes. NI wasn't the fairest tax, but it was a move in right direction...because you're right, health and social care do need proper funding, and they can't fix the nhs until they sort out state of social care. And actually May's plan to pay for social care was also a move in right direction in my opinion, but she made fatal mistake of introducing it during an election campaign which labour jumped all over, dementia tax and all that, and then she uturned and denied a uturn and nearly lost the election over it. These things have to be paid for somehow, and the problem is only going to get bigger.