news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, steviewevie said:

I am in a very safe labour seat....so I could vote Green to feel good about myself or Reform for the lols....but this time I will be voting Labour...it isn't often you get to vote the tories out.....once in a generation stuff...

I'll vote Green next time when Labour are total sh*t and probably help the Tories get back in.

You could claim you care about the climate then use your vote purely to protest. The world will be burning but at least Starmer wouldn’t have your vote hey!?

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You could claim you care about the climate then use your vote purely to protest. The world will be burning but at least Starmer wouldn’t have your vote hey!?

I mean, in the end we could become gross zero here and probably wouldn't make much difference....need China/India/US to stop guzzling.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean, in the end we could become gross zero here and probably wouldn't make much difference....need China/India/US to stop guzzling.

Some clown would probably blame Starmer for that too. 

Turns out Skidmore's constituency is being abolished and the replacement one is likely to be labour. So he's giving up nothing.i wonder if theres a better pay off for doing it like he is.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

they have buyable houses?

they do if you're happy to live in sadly broke (bradley stoke).

with a bit of luck the govt will throw some money at  the council in skidmores seat as an attempt to save it as tory, would be superb if that happened cos the wife works for south gloucs council, and south gloucs has recently defunded the charity i volunteer for.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

https://x.com/guardianculture/status/1742928900421005628?s=46&t=0L-HQje0RJTtiVIvA-C-dQ

Imagine they’ll do this in a few areas and then kick off when Labour are in and start giving money back to the arts as them supporting superfluous, Lefty nonsense 

well, many councils are struggling...so will likely see all sorts of stuff like this.

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

When you're in atraffic jam you do know that you're the traffic jam don't cha.

16 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I am in a very safe labour seat....so I could vote Green to feel good about myself or Reform for the lols....but this time I will be voting Labour...it isn't often you get to vote the tories out.....once in a generation stuff...

I'll vote Green next time when Labour are total sh*t and probably help the Tories get back in.

There's an actual chance of a Green MP though, which is a vote to hold Labour to account on green issues. The Greens have their problems but trying to get another into parliament does have some merit.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

There will probably be no Green MPs after the next election, there definitely won’t be more than 1. 

yeah, Bristol isn't giving them any.