news & politics:discussion

zahidf

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I mean, is it just people having their side or is there a more dark element to some of the discussion? I really don’t know and am not sure. 

Stop trying to sh*t stir - say what you mean, or contribute something meaningful to the discussion. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

i think that dark element is there, and helps ensure the status quo, to the determent of both sides.

Some of the discussion that you see online about this feels that it veers away from people taking sides and into something more dangerous. I'm not totally sure but it doesn't feel quite right, especially last night.

16 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

That’s what ozanne does best. I hope he’s not saying what I think he’s saying…

It's rich you complaining about other people's post content.

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

However if there are allegations I’d hope they be substantiated and reported in the correct manner … they haven’t been as yet .  

It was a general discussion that came from last night, as I'd seen someone make the comment on Twitter and made me think.

Reporting posts here does next to nothing.

Edited by Ozanne
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, cellar said:

Do you think Israels apartheid against Palestine still falls short of them measuring up to be "the biggest bad guy"?

I don't accept the accusations of apartheid (or genocide). 

I don't believe Isreal practice apartheid on their non jewish citizens. I don't blame Isreal for securing borders and restricting people from Gaza and the West Bank.

Equally I don't think Isreal should be settling the West Bank and they can't claim all of Jerusalem.

Overall I think some of the things Isreal do are unacceptable and illegal but I don't think they the biggest bad guys.

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Boo hoo, I get that I’ve upset you by calling you out but I really don’t care. Move on, it was yesterday!

Hello again my own little devotee.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It was a general discussion that came from last night, as I'd seen someone make the comment on Twitter and made me think.

Reporting posts here does next to nothing.

Ok so don’t make allegations against posters without backing them up then  . ( mod ) 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ok so don’t make allegations against posters without backing them up then  . ( mod ) 

It was a general discussion point, where does people 'taking sides' stop being that and become something more dangerous? Last night online there were loads of people assuming something before more facts were made available, is that because of a supposed reputable news site getting it wrong (which could also be for dangerous reasons) or is it something more? As I say I don't know and I'm wondering as I saw the person make comments about it on Twitter.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Problem is these days people will just believe anything....whether it's CIA killing JFK, fake moon landing, MI5 killing Diana, US/Israel carrying out 9/11, COVID was a plot to chip us all, or Labour antisemitism accusations were a scam. You take your pick...

Following the Trump years, I thought it was mainly a thing of the right, I’m starting to think right and left are as bad as each other in this respect.

2 hours ago, lazyred said:

Not directed to me but Its horrific for Gazans. Losing lives and homes, crammed into smaller areas with  no guarantee of safety. The water and power should not be cut off and aid should be allowed in.  I'd also like to see the west pay Egypt to accept some refugees.

The problem here is that once Palestinians are moved into Egypt that's it. They'll never be allowed back into Palestine.