news & politics:discussion

zahidf

It's ridiculous - do some of these people not have any self awareness- they'd be way above what they are capable and would be obliterated in a national poll, whenever that may be. The right of the party are going to split their vote - and whilst that is good for the more sensible candidates, it's self defeating.

21 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

It's ridiculous - do some of these people not have any self awareness- they'd be way above what they are capable and would be obliterated in a national poll, whenever that may be. The right of the party are going to split their vote - and whilst that is good for the more sensible candidates, it's self defeating.

They can't really split the vote. Lowest ones will be eliminated and their votes will go elsewhere in the next round. Presumably those votes would go to other further right candidates.

33 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

it is stupid. I guess a lot of them just want to be noticed and get a big ministerial job. Should get whittled down to a handful by next week.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Good thread about the ethnic minority candidates..which led from another thread he did about Cameron making Tories more diverse...

I have not read the full thread as I don't do Twitter but I would be interested to know about their education and how many are Oxbridge 

14 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I have not read the full thread as I don't do Twitter but I would be interested to know about their education and how many are Oxbridge 

doesn't say...some went to private schools, some to state schools...Sunak went to one of the real top private schools...but apparently his parents were migrants,  a GP and a pharamacist...

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

doesn't say...some went to private schools, some to state schools...Sunak went to one of the real top private schools...but apparently his parents were migrants,  a GP and a pharamacist...

Not exactly living on a sink estate while your parents scrub toilets (don't have a problem with that btw)

Just now, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Not exactly living on a sink estate while your parents scrub toilets (don't have a problem with that btw)

No, but not born into privilege either, that was his point.

To be honest I'm not that bothered about people's background...it's what they say and do that matters.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Two well paid public sector jobs. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

No, but not born into privilege either, that was his point.

To be honest I'm not that bothered about people's background...it's what they say and do that matters.

I start a separate thread on this but what is privileged. AGP and a pharmacist are not going to earn pennies. You can live in a better area with better schooling and afford to send your child to private school I think that's privilege

2 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I start a separate thread on this but what is privileged. AGP and a pharmacist are not going to earn pennies. You can live in a better area with better schooling and afford to send your child to private school I think that's privilege

yeah, I guess. I don't know. Maybe I'm privileged compared to some cause my mum was a teacher.  How much do pharmacists and GPs make anyway? 

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, I guess. I don't know. Maybe I'm privileged compared to some cause my mum was a teacher.  How much do pharmacists and GPs make anyway? 

Prolly £60k+each.