news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Watching Andrew Neil show and all the expert/journalists on there reckon it will likely be Sunak vs Truss in final two...which we could have said a few months ago I guess. Sunak for the old school...Truss for the right. But then again, they all said that its early days and anything could happen.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Watching Andrew Neil show and all the expert/journalists on there reckon it will likely be Sunak vs Truss in final two...which we could have said a few months ago I guess. Sunak for the old school...Truss for the right. But then again, they all said that its early days and anything could happen.

Good, either one would be pretty poor. 

One thing that comes out of that Sunak video, apart from all the bollocks to appeal to the tory membership, kind of interesting that he's saying we might have to do some difficult stuff now to help the country in the future, and to be honest about the choices we have...and I guess this will be the argument about all the tax cut offers from other candidates.  So, for the country's sake I would much rather Sunak over Truss...in terms of which is best candidate in ensuring the Tories lose the next election...not sure...

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

One thing that comes out of that Sunak video, apart from all the bollocks to appeal to the tory membership, kind of interesting that he's saying we might have to do some difficult stuff now to help the country in the future, and to be honest about the choices we have...and I guess this will be the argument about all the tax cut offers from other candidates.  So, for the country's sake I would much rather Sunak over Truss...in terms of which is best candidate in ensuring the Tories lose the next election...not sure...

I bet that him and his mates won’t have to do anything difficult at all. 

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Christ they are all so unrelentingly awful.

Just remembering how that Labour leadership election felt like it dragged on for a thousand years. This is going to be even worse isn't it?

Aren't they supposed to be speeding things up to get it done before the recess and get that rotter Johnson out of downing st? There's talk of raising the number of MPs that contenders need to get backing them to reduce the number. A whole bunch of them are on the right, and they're mostly saying the same shit because they have to win over the nutty membership, but at least there's some diversity in there.

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Aren't they supposed to be speeding things up to get it done before the recess and get that rotter Johnson out of downing st? There's talk of raising the number of MPs that contenders need to get backing them to reduce the number. A whole bunch of them are on the right, and they're mostly saying the same shit because they have to win over the nutty membership, but at least there's some diversity in there.

Recess is next week. They won’t get the whole thing done by then. 

9 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Interesting that Gove is backing someone called Kemi Badenoch,

She seems to be doing really well. 1st generation Nigerian immigrant, student of Thomas Sowell, called BLM a bunch of Marxist agitators during the protests.

48 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Recess is next week. They won’t get the whole thing done by then. 

fdinal two before recess, members vote during the summer.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

sounds lovely. Maybe she'll get a job in the next cabinet.

I think she was equalities minister in the last one though doesn’t seem to think trans women are women 

One for the third wave feminists to get behind.

Edited by lost