news & politics:discussion

zahidf

It's a bit scary, the West aren't really doing anything to physically stop the war because they understandably don't want a nuclear war with Russia. So we mpose crippling economic restrictions on them which so far Putin hasn't reacted to. I just wonder what happens when the nutter Putin announces an ultimatum that if we don't lift restrictions then he will nuke us, what happens then? The bloke is a psychopath, I wouldn't put it past him and have no idea how the West would react? Fucking scary times

43 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

It's a bit scary, the West aren't really doing anything to physically stop the war because they understandably don't want a nuclear war with Russia. So we mpose crippling economic restrictions on them which so far Putin hasn't reacted to. I just wonder what happens when the nutter Putin announces an ultimatum that if we don't lift restrictions then he will nuke us, what happens then? The bloke is a psychopath, I wouldn't put it past him and have no idea how the West would react? Fucking scary times

It does seem to be getting worse as this goes on. Whichever way you look at it, this is a fucking bleak situation. It does look as though none of us budgeted for the idea that Putin would jump the shark and do something crazy like this, and be legit worried that this might escalate into an itchy trigger finger on the one button nobody wants pressed. I hope there's an opportunity coming to change course away from that, but what even is a good answer here?

So...Russians shelled a nuclear power plant and a fire started...but thankfully no rise in radiation levels..apparently, Are Russians doing this on purpose to scare Ukraine into surrendering, or they do they actually want another chernobyl? Whatever, it's fucking dangerous. Calls into question the whole viability of nuclear power plants...are they just a target in the future? This is all so fucked.

In other news labour won in Birmingham Erdington by-election fairly comfortably, although turn out was low. There was a whole load of excitement from a certain section of twitter last night that labour would lose, or would just scrape a win, and that means starmer is shit and he has to go etc etc

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

In other news labour won in Birmingham Erdington by-election fairly comfortably, although turn out was low. There was a whole load of excitement from a certain section of twitter last night that labour would lose, or would just scrape a win, and that means starmer is shit and he has to go etc etc

but as they didn't lose it means starmer is excellent and needs people to stop undermining him.