news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but MPs might move against him if public mood doesn't change or worsens following the report. I expect the Mail/Express to go full on Johnson is innocent, not sure about Sun/Times/Telegraph...

The scum are ignoring it ... they had someone there ... Piers Morgan was asked why they didnt report it and he just said he was only a columnist and didnt know 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

he might anyway .... thats my point ... the report is irrelevant 

They'll use the findings of the report as a way to exonerate Johnson as I've said and somehow argue that he can fix the culture at No 10 that he has put in place.

This is from biased BBC's Nick Eardley...

Sue Gray's report is a fact-finding mission but within government it is expected she will say whether various gatherings were appropriate or not.

She will not say whether gatherings or parties broke the law - or what any punishments should be.

There is no date scheduled for its publication yet. The hope is it can be published as soon as possible - possibly by the end of the week.

However, I understand because some allegations have just come to light, it is possible it could be published the week after.

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

can you let me know the lottery numbers ? 

I'm using past examples of inquiries Johnson has asked for and previous actions of this government; as such it's not exactly a leap to get to the conclusion that this report will brush things under the carpet.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I'm using past examples of inquiries Johnson has asked for and previous actions of this government; as such it's not exactly a leap to get to the conclusion that this report will brush things under the carpet.

I cant predict the future in terms of where this all goes .... the report is only a small part of it .... with leaks and new stuff dropping daily 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I cant predict the future in terms of where this all goes .... the report is only a small part of it .... with leaks and new stuff dropping daily 

No one can predict the future.

For a report that's so small the Tories sure are putting a lot of stock on it, for some reason...

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

he might anyway .... thats my point ... the report is irrelevant 

Yeah it doesn't really matter what's in the report. What matters is once it's out "waiting for the results of the inquiry" will no longer be something Boris or the Tories can hide behind. They have to choose to back him or dump him.

I kind of hope they back him, plunge even further down in the polls and then have to dump him anyway when new evidence which contradicts the report comes out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Yeah it doesn't really matter what's in the report. What matters is once it's out "waiting for the results of the inquiry" will no longer be something Boris or the Tories can hide behind. They have to choose to back him or dump him.

I kind of hope they back him, plunge even further down in the polls and then have to dump him anyway when new evidence which contradicts the report comes out.

100 % this ... the smart move is to wait now before emailing your local MP ... they will tow the party line that they wait for the report .... however asking the question after becomes more productive 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

There is some truth to this..and why Johnson started this whole internal investigation thing...but since he is now very much involved really it should be external, the Met or something

Independent Judge would be a good option.

The big issue with the licence fee debate is kicking off again. It’s a bloody complex one.

People who are very right think the BBC is very left.

People who are pretty left think the BBC is very right.

It’s a really bizarre one. I think both parties are wrong personally. I think the issue is that both parties usually despise hearing opinions different from their own, and feel like because they are paying for this service it should reflect what they believe.

Don’t really know how this will ever get sold as people gradually divide to become more and more either left or right leaning.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The big issue with the licence fee debate is kicking off again. It’s a bloody complex one.

People who are very right think the BBC is very left.

People who are pretty left think the BBC is very right.

It’s a really bizarre one. I think both parties are wrong personally. I think the issue is that both parties usually despise hearing opinions different from their own, and feel like because they are paying for this service it should reflect what they believe.

Don’t really know how this will ever get sold as people gradually divide to become more and more either left or right leaning.

Problem is how it is funded. They are effectively cutting funding now with this freeze and with inflation, so BBC will produce less, and export less. Not sure political bias cones into it, Tories don't like it because it's publicly funded.