Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

So interesting how ppl differ. I find that Friday overwhelming due to the number of acts I want to see.

I have 10 on Friday, but a good half of that is clashes. From a lot of these predictions it looks like I have a band or somesort in John Peel each day to open my day up and then my 3-4 in a row each night sorted, with a good 2pm - 4pm free. 

10 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Curious, there's a band of most genres, across a lot of generations of age groups pretty much each night. Who would you look for in a headliner?

I'm just being fussy really - Foals on Friday night will obviously be great it just feels like a funny one to be excited about because they're so easy to see. Likewise if Fontaines turns out right. 

5 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Genuinely think idles will play the pyramid? They would be better headlining other Saturday night imo.

Not really but I'm sticking with it as my curveball prediction of the year.

I do think they'll do it one day because they're local lads, friends of the festival, obviously have a similar ethos to the festival itself. It'd be a pretty iconic moment for them as a band so I can see Emily and Co letting them have that at some point. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Metronomy > Yard Act > Olivia Rodrigo > St. Vincent >JAMC/The Avalanches > Bonobo > Little Simz

Yves Tumor and its Band > IDLES > Kacey Musgraves > black midi > Phoebe Bridgers > Mitski > Paul McCartney

Lianne La Havas > Nilüfer Yanya > Sigrid > Diana Ross > Anderson .Paak > Lorde > Kendrick

Are we the same person?! 

On 1/31/2021 at 4:01 PM, dentalplan said:

Py: Kendrick Lamar, Queens of the Stone Age, Elbow, Kacey Musgraves, Little Simz
OS: Disclosure, Wolf Alice, Mabel, Fontaines D.C., King Gizzard &tlw, Pale Waves
WH: Alabama Shakes, Caribou, Vince Staples
JP: The Vaccines, Sigrid, Loski
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Django Django, Shame

Py: Paul McCartney, Haim, *special guests*, Yungblud, Crowded House, Candi Staton
OS: Solange, Idles, Run the Jewels, Grimes, Stefflon Don, You Me at Six
WH: Bicep, Headie One, Celeste
JP: Charli XCX, Glass Animals, Rina Sawayama
Pa: Bright Eyes, Kelly Lee Owens, Sault

Py: Taylor Swift, Catfish & the Bottlemen, The Specials, Diana Ross, Herbie Hancock
OS: Royal Blood, The War on Drugs, Blossoms, Jessie Ware, Savages, Sports Team
WH: Jamiroquai, Roisin Murphy, Public Service Broadcasting
JP: Fleet Foxes, FKA twigs, Sleaford Mods
Pa: Courtney Barnett, The Avalanches, Arlo Parks

Taylor Swift isn't headlining.

42 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

image.thumb.png.0a2b32c8977984281bd3997613b6eb98.png

image.thumb.png.2121cf84eb2386d46b30ab6cca56e264.png

image.thumb.png.2a120df19d4a9eca790060a4e25a364e.png

IMO...

Need to be higher: Idles, Celeste, Sea Power, Sigrid, Angelique Kidjo, First Aid Kit

Need to be lower: St. Vincent, Turnstile, Roisin Murphy, Snail Mail, Soccer Mommy, Ghetts

Need to be Sunday: Amyl and the Sniffers

Need to be Other Stage: Paolo Nutini, Olivia Rodrigo

That Other sub shout probably wasn't actually info: Burna Boy

Just now, dentalplan said:

IMO...

Need to be higher: Idles, Celeste, Sea Power, Sigrid, Angelique Kidjo, First Aid Kit

Need to be lower: St. Vincent, Turnstile, Roisin Murphy, Snail Mail, Soccer Mommy, Ghetts

Need to be Sunday: Amyl and the Sniffers

Need to be Other Stage: Paolo Nutini, Olivia Rodrigo

That Other sub shout probably wasn't actually info: Burna Boy

Sigrid higher? I'd say that's about right for her and could maybe even be 6th down Pyramid. I think Celeste is confirmed for that slot, though to be fair I thought she'd be higher too.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Sigrid higher? I'd say that's about right for her and could maybe even be 6th down Pyramid. I think Celeste is confirmed for that slot, though to be fair I thought she'd be higher too.

Really? That's quite low for Celeste.

Sigrid was third down Other at the last festival and she's playing Wembley Arena this year, right? Such an early slot on the Pyramid seems like she's going the opposite way.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Sigrid is getting lowballed at quite a lot of festivals. I don’t think she’s someone who commands very high slots.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sigrid is getting lowballed at quite a lot of festivals. I don’t think she’s someone who commands very high slots.

Fucking hell, you're not wrong. She's playing Standon Calling where Loyle Carner (remember him??) is a headliner and she is not.

Dab down Sigrid

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Really? That's quite low for Celeste.

Sigrid was third down Other at the last festival and she's playing Wembley Arena this year, right? Such an early slot on the Pyramid seems like she's going the opposite way.

I think Sigrid being billed below The Vaccines was what led to the infamous claim of them being boosted up the lineups because of covid. But yeah, as Matt says, her placings seem a bit up and down this year so I could easily see her taking an equivalent sort of slot to last time or early Pyramid.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fucking hell, you're not wrong. She's playing Standon Calling where Loyle Carner (remember him??) is a headliner and she is not.

Dab down Sigrid

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Sigrid being billed below The Vaccines was what led to the infamous claim of them being boosted up the lineups because of covid. But yeah, as Matt says, her placings seem a bit up and down this year so I could easily see her taking an equivalent sort of slot to last time or early Pyramid.

We need an efestivals term for someone getting lowballed - similar to dabbed down.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm gonna cable tie myself to a goalpost until Sigrid gets better slots at festivals.

This is actually a bit like The Vaccines where their music got progressively better but they were being repeatedly punched in the face by the festival placings they received from 2015 onwards.

Holly Humberstone getting (whatever we decide the term for being lowballed is) in 2022 is cool. Makes me think she could come back in 2023 for a bigger slot.

Been listening to her a lot recently and I get that vibe that she’s going to explode. I’m talking global. She’s doing a pretty big US/Canada tour at the mo and apparently got a mainstage slot at Coachella.

Invest in this high growth stock.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Holly Humberstone getting (whatever we decide the term for being lowballed is) in 2022 is cool. Makes me think she could come back in 2023 for a bigger slot.

Been listening to her a lot recently and I get that vibe that she’s going to explode. I’m talking global. She’s doing a pretty big US/Canada tour at the mo and apparently got a mainstage slot at Coachella.

Invest in this high growth stock.

She won a Brit Award and performed at the ceremony before her debut album Nostradumbass lmao

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Still think she’s climbing!

Yes mate. What I meant was she obviously has some backing and isn't going to peak with a pre-debut slot in the John Peel. Not quite a bold prediction.

It's more or less expected that she'll be boosted for a little while, get a number one album, pick up some big slots and then get left in the gutter with Jack Garratt when her label promotes someone else in 2024 instead of her follow-up. But y'know, don't be sad it's over - be happy that it happened and all that.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1