Pint for a Pint - Glasto 2021

squirrelarmy

19 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I was one of those in the queue to book yesterday evening, appointment for a week today in Bristol.

It'll be the first time in 15 years for me.

I gave 3 times as soon as I was old enough to, the final time ended with me having a funny turn shall we say which has put me off ever since.

Wish me luck 😂

Best of luck- if you have a bad experience it doesn’t mean it will happen every time. My second time giving blood, i went to The theatre in the evening to see A View From The Bridge (Mark strong was in it, absolutely banging). At one point there was an all white stage and blood started pouring from the ceiling and I felt very strange all of a sudden. I went to go to the loo and passed out walking up the stairs. My first time I’d ever fainted so I had no idea what was going on. The theatre staff were very nice, gave me an orange juice after  I explained I’d given blood that day and then I got to finish watching the show from one of the royal boxes! 

since then I’ve not had any funny turns unless I’ve had a bath the same day. Don’t have a bath the same day. 

30 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I was one of those in the queue to book yesterday evening, appointment for a week today in Bristol.

It'll be the first time in 15 years for me.

I gave 3 times as soon as I was old enough to, the final time ended with me having a funny turn shall we say which has put me off ever since.

Wish me luck 😂

Good luck! I'm booked in to have another attempt after failing once 10+ years ago (I did say they should've just taken the blood while I was passed out, but apparently that's "unethical").

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simsy said:

Good luck! I'm booked in to have another attempt after failing once 10+ years ago (I did say they should've just taken the blood while I was passed out, but apparently that's "unethical").

Do persevere.  I kept bailing out through fear and feeling queasy.  Then I was hospitalised with pregnancy sickness and had to have blood taken every day. The phlebotomist (grim name for someone doing an amazing job) was so skilled I could barely feel it; finding out I was O-ve was the clincher and I've given blood ever since.  47th donation last Friday (club biscuit, horrible squash and heart fm)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Do persevere.  I kept bailing out through fear and feeling queasy.  Then I was hospitalised with pregnancy sickness and had to have blood taken every day. The phlebotomist (grim name for someone doing an amazing job) was so skilled I could barely feel it; finding out I was O-ve was the clincher and I've given blood ever since.  47th donation last Friday (club biscuit, horrible squash and heart fm)

Would second this. Lots of people have a bad experience their first time, but go on to do it fine after that.

• 2 months later...