Football 2020/2021

zahidf

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

and lost to chelsea and others which makes chelsea greater than anything you can claim for UAE Citeh

The only time Chelsea have come up against City's best 11 this season, the game was over as a contest withing 30 minutes.

It will be a difficult game tomorrow, but I would make City favourites. Chelsea's 2 recent victories over us will have no bearing on tomorrow's game as it will be a totally different set of players that they will be up against.

47 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The only time Chelsea have come up against City's best 11 this season, the game was over as a contest withing 30 minutes.

It will be a difficult game tomorrow, but I would make City favourites. Chelsea's 2 recent victories over us will have no bearing on tomorrow's game as it will be a totally different set of players that they will be up against.

Really hope it’s a decent game tomorrow. I agree with PT that there’s something missing when it’s 2 teams from the EPL but hopefully it’s a cracker.

I’ll go for a City win which is bad news for you mate as my predictions are crap. Enjoy your night anyway 🍺👍

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Was in Manchester yesterday, there's no hype around the city at all. Which quite surprised me, especially as the pubs were all open. 

I thought even the extra incentive of winding utd fans up, would add a bit to it all.

Just a bit flat. 

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

Was in Manchester yesterday, there's no hype around the city at all. Which quite surprised me, especially as the pubs were all open. 

I thought even the extra incentive of winding utd fans up, would add a bit to it all.

Just a bit flat. 

Nothing in town. One guy on market Street selling bits of City tat. But you can't get a table anywhere for tomorrow and everyone has scarves and flags hanging out of houses and car windows. Not sure what you were expecting in town, 2 days before the game. 

Edited by eastynh

8 hours ago, st dan said:

Maybe, but is it really fair that the same team faces the constant pressure for every taker, quite often just to stay in it? 
The players talking the penalties for the team who go first are essentially never taking a ‘do or die’ penalty, and can take some comfort that even if they miss, the other team has to then score. 

Personally I think the A-B-B-A concept makes a lot more sense to mix that up and even out the pressure, so both sides experience it equally (in theory). 

I think there are loads of unfair things in football. I think it's pretty low down the list. Football is a spectator sport and I think current format is easiest to follow.

8 hours ago, thetime said:

10 trophies, that's very Impressive. What were they?

I think with such comparison it's not fair to count charity shields, European super cups etc as only 2 teams can win the tournament. Of course for comparison it's also important to say the quality of teammates is a significant factor and not equal for all 

However in my view Foden looks the best of the current generation. City have done the perfect job in his development.

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Looking at Wikipedia it looks like they are including 2 community shields and 3 cup finals where he played a combined 1 minute of normal time. I would say it's using stats to paint a slightly misleading picture.

Stats like that are always misleading.

You are right though, city have used him in the right way for his development. Fergie used to do it very well with the likes of giggs and Scholes. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Looking at Wikipedia it looks like they are including 2 community shields and 3 cup finals where he played a combined 1 minute of normal time. I would say it's using stats to paint a slightly misleading picture.

Trying to prove a player who mostly doesn't get picked is an important part of the team is impossible

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Are you seriously saying Phil Foden is not an important part of this City team?

Depends what you class as important, you probably have 4 or 5 players who are 1st choice don't you?

Foden will be in that category in a couple of years, then again all players are important.

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Depends what you class as important, you probably have 4 or 5 players who are 1st choice don't you?

Foden will be in that category in a couple of years, then again all players are important.

Foden is 1st choice. 

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Today's the day where citeh get to be disappointed.another twenty billionfrom a heinous regime might do it.

Win or lose I will not be disappointed. Tonight is beyond even my wildest dreams. I am buzzing either way.

If City do win, don't be wiping your salty tears into your w*nk sock.

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

How on earth is that only a yellow. It may have been a shoulder but that was a deliberate attack on another player. Chelsea taking out Cities best player to secure the win

City don't have a best player they've all been anonymous same for Chelsea tio if this is the best in Europe then Europe is shit. 

Edited by eFestivals