How do you feel?

Matt42

26 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

hope your ok today buddy , i wish I could magic an answer for you , but all I can offer is friendship and support.

So lovely big D x

Same goes for me @crazyfool1 hope ur doing ok,  sorry you're having a difficult time. Wish everything could be easier for you. 

You know where I am if you need a chat or owt x

Thanks @Wellyboot @Big durbs @Zoo Music Girl and @funkychick2007 for the words of comfort and advice ... it’s all very strange and not something I’ve experienced in life before .... I’d definately describe it as an anxiety issue at the moment and I’m doing all I can to prevent it becoming worse ... the advice of occupational health is one I will be following up tomoro ... as most of you have said there really isn’t an easy solution to it all . I think it’s quite a simple request that I feel safe at work and my workplace do all they can to accommodate my requests and maybe an occupational health report might give them a nudge in seeing the seriousness of the situation ... if not it will be something official that might help in the longer term ... 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks @Wellyboot @Big durbs @Zoo Music Girl and @funkychick2007 for the words of comfort and advice ... it’s all very strange and not something I’ve experienced in life before .... I’d definately describe it as an anxiety issue at the moment and I’m doing all I can to prevent it becoming worse ... the advice of occupational health is one I will be following up tomoro ... as most of you have said there really isn’t an easy solution to it all . I think it’s quite a simple request that I feel safe at work and my workplace do all they can to accommodate my requests and maybe an occupational health report might give them a nudge in seeing the seriousness of the situation ... if not it will be something official that might help in the longer term ... 

What big D said 

And honestly, if you feel your anxiety getting worse it might be worth just chatting to a dr just to see what they say.. i get really bad anxiety and panic attacks and it is worth just having a chat with a professional if you feel its getting particularly bad. Lots of love x

• Like 1

@crazyfool1 yep you have got tht right it’s all a bit shit!! Ive booked my Glastonbury2021 leave today to keep up my positivity!!! 👍🏻 And I’m liking the new miley Cyrus song which is a bit of a worry!!! Blossoms have just released tour dates for next year!!! 😀
good luck with OH! 

3 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

@crazyfool1 yep you have got tht right it’s all a bit shit!! Ive booked my Glastonbury2021 leave today to keep up my positivity!!! 👍🏻 And I’m liking the new miley Cyrus song which is a bit of a worry!!! Blossoms have just released tour dates for next year!!! 😀
good luck with OH! 

Miley was great last time ... she didn’t need that bloody wrecking ball 🎱 though , covid has done enough damage !! The first thing I do when I return after glastonbury is book my next years Glastonbury holiday ... now obviously hoping the break will be just 2 years and not 3 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Awaiting oh call ... so will see how that goes ... still finding things tough though ... but I don’t think I’m alone in that at the moment 

Hi, hope things work out for you, it’s not easy. I spend years as a union rep and when it came to H and S issues it always frustrated me that employers seemed to interpret regulations to suit themselves rather than the employee. I often found referring to occupational health is the best way forward as they should have the wellbeing of the employee as a priority.  Lack of progress or a situation not being resolved can lead to feelings of isolation, as if you are the only one who is concerned about an issue and even guilt that you are raising it in the first place. Well that is utter shite, by raising a legitimate issue you are showing courage and concern not  only for your health and safety but also that of your colleagues. Is there anyone else prepared to back you up, hopefully OH can help resolve things. These things can lead to anxiety and panic attacks as I know from personal experience so you are right to try and deal with it. Sharing the problem with others , even on this forum, even with someone you only met for a few minutes at the Pilton party when you were coming back from the long drops,  can help.!  Stay strong 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hi, hope things work out for you, it’s not easy. I spend years as a union rep and when it came to H and S issues it always frustrated me that employers seemed to interpret regulations to suit themselves rather than the employee. I often found referring to occupational health is the best way forward as they should have the wellbeing of the employee as a priority.  Lack of progress or a situation not being resolved can lead to feelings of isolation, as if you are the only one who is concerned about an issue and even guilt that you are raising it in the first place. Well that is utter shite, by raising a legitimate issue you are showing courage and concern not  only for your health and safety but also that of your colleagues. Is there anyone else prepared to back you up, hopefully OH can help resolve things. These things can lead to anxiety and panic attacks as I know from personal experience so you are right to try and deal with it. Sharing the problem with others , even on this forum, even with someone you only met for a few minutes at the Pilton party when you were coming back from the long drops,  can help.!  Stay strong 

Thanks Ac ... I’ve got it all documented ... I’ll refer to efests as my notes :) ... some minor attempts to move towards some of the easier things to do would have helped to start with ... but trying to placate me with the line we will go again and then clearly not doing anything whatsoever is just more frustrating than ever ... I’ll see what oh say and it might be that I need to see the GP ... my chest feels like it’s got a pyramid stage sat on it at the moment !! Improvement so far consists of a couple of managers wearing masks now when the regional manager was walking about and not the rest of the time 

• Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I now have a reputation for having a lurking around long drops as well as my weak bladder :) 

Beat me to it, I was just about to add a comment about bladder weakness. Given my advancing years and love of lager you now know why  we positioned ourselves close to the bogs rather than join you youngsters down the front. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Beat me to it, I was just about to add a comment about bladder weakness. Given my advancing years and love of lager you now know why  we positioned ourselves close to the bogs rather than join you youngsters down the front. 

Very rarely head down the front for that very reason ... pilton party last year was a bit easier to get close and have quite a clear walk for the necessities 

8 hours ago, MrHew said:

@crazyfool1 It might also be worth talking to someone about your anxiety about it all in a mental health way as it's clearly causing you stress and worry. I'm a mental health 1st aider so if you wanted a DM chat I'd be happy to chat. 

Thanks ... really appreciate that ...