When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know, but what's most depressing is we are so far from getting that change. This is just so shit.

It sounds like they didn't actually intend the leak from what they are saying, or is this all a front? Not sure how Cummings could leak it without Boris knowing he was going to.

They were probably going to try to dress the lockdown up so they don’t seem to be U turning however now they can’t and they look even more stupid. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do we reckon gyms will go with this latest lockdown ? People will all just pile there and make them less safe ... I’m already thinking about my membership with the ramp up in numbers and the fact my one now seems to be getting far busier 

They will be closed, no question. 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do we reckon gyms will go with this latest lockdown ? People will all just pile there and make them less safe ... I’m already thinking about my membership with the ramp up in numbers and the fact my one now seems to be getting far busier 

There seems to be a clamour to keep gyms open for people’s mental and all round physical health. So I guess there is a chance they stay open. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

How shit must the computer models be if the numbers are already four times worse than the “worst case scenario”? Not really a “worst case scenario” then is it? 🙄

yeah...what is going on there? You'd think the worst case scenario would be how virus spreads when there are no restrictions at all.

Just now, steviewevie said:

yeah...what is going on there? You'd think the worst case scenario would be how virus spreads when there are no restrictions at all.

Yet Vallance and Whitty got torn apart by some people on Twitter for those estimates as being doomsayers. It was a reasonable worst case scenario too, they are damned either way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Yet Vallance and Whitty got torn apart by some people on Twitter for those estimates as being doomsayers. It was a reasonable worst case scenario too, they are damned either way. 

It clearly wasn’t reasonable given that the virus is spreading four times worse already 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

It clearly wasn’t reasonable given that the virus is spreading four times worse already 

I think we have been misled by the case numbers...they are obviously missing loads. Vallance/Whitty said could be 50,000/day by mid October, which will lead to 200 deaths/day by mid November...but we got to 200 deaths/day a week or so ago.

If we knew better how quickly was spreading then maybe would have had that circuit break lockdown Sage suggested.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The keeping universities open thing is a bit weird...as far as I know most lectures for students are now provided online anyway...so...they're hardly open...do they mean keep students locked in their accomodation?

Don't forget universities do more than just lectures.