The poster 2020

MetaKate

22 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, the post was reported.

I can understand some people not liking it, but it's hardly offensive. ;) 

Fair enough. But it was an unkind post which I did find offensive in light of how serious the situation is at the moment. I get the need to joke at this time though so in hindsight I am not as bothered as I was initially. 

Edited by sime

16 minutes ago, sime said:

Fair enough. But it was an unkind post which I did find offensive in light of how serious the situation is at the moment. I get the need to joke at this time though so in hindsight I am not as bothered as I was initially. 

I think people are on edge in different ways at the moment ... I posted a photo of my bike wrapped  in Toilet paper on fb  the other day and said I was trying to increase its value ... however some people found it offensive in some way , when my intention was just to make people smile momentarily ... tough times but I think the post was the same .

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think people are on edge in different ways at the moment ... I posted a photo of my bike wrapped  in Toilet paper on fb  the other day and said I was trying to increase its value ... however some people found it offensive in some way , when my intention was just to make people smile momentarily ... tough times but I think the post was the same .

Yeah totally. I was on edge at the time worried about my parents so when I saw his joke I was triggered... I see it differently now.

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

keep safe ... hopefully others can see this too and remove the downvotes 

You can normally remove your own.

Alternatively, don't worry. They're downvotes on an internet forum.  Not really life changing stuff ;)

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

of course ... but as you probably  know I  like to be as positive as possible 

That is indeed the case!

I mean, I place more value on @sime's retraction above than on removing the downvotes (fair play btw) but I know where you're going