Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

1 minute ago, CCester said:

Yeah, it seems inevitable right now. But I'd say they wait as long as they can before making the decision. 

I'm surprised they're still quite active on social media, suggesting  playlists etc

2 minutes ago, lukecork said:

500 died in the past 24 hours in Spain, things look/sound horrendous.

Matter of when not if?

As a spanish who is living this: yes, it is awful. A real nightmare. And to be honest I don't even care about future concerts/festivals anymore... I just want this to be fully over so we can get back to our “normal” lives again. (That's IF we can get back to our normal lives bc this will change all of us for sure)

Spain is cancelling big gatherings up to July so yes this is a matter of when.

Be safe and stay home please 🙏🏻 ❤️

• Like 1

Just now, lukecork said:

I'm surprised they're still quite active on social media, suggesting  playlists etc

I think they are trying to send positive vibes in these challenging times and communicate that everything's on track until the governments decides the opposite.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure they are looking hard for the plan B. Like rescheduling the whole thing to Autumn. 

4 hours ago, CCester said:

I think they are trying to send positive vibes in these challenging times and communicate that everything's on track until the governments decides the opposite.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure they are looking hard for the plan B. Like rescheduling the whole thing to Autumn. 

Impossible, they need other festivals to move with them too. 
We will see. Like someone said before, the virus is the main concern now. Focus on that. 
But some festivals will not survive a cancellation. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Mad Cool is on the list, ain't it?

Mad Cool gets most of its money from the city. Trust me, if it's money related, the festival will survive.

I don't know. Different artists, different situations. It depends on what happens with the other festivals run by live nation, because they can't postpone their dates unless the other festivals do too... Which is 100% sure is that Mad Cool will wait until the government make them cancel the festival because they wouldn't lose money that way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sariris said:

I don't know. Different artists, different situations. It depends on what happens with the other festivals run by live nation, because they can't postpone their dates unless the other festivals do too... Which is 100% sure is that Mad Cool will wait until the government make them cancel the festival because they wouldn't lose money that way.

Are you sure about that? I read a while back an interview with an insurance broker, and he said that very few festivals take out insurance for health emergencies. They all have some insurance, and may have cancellation insurance, but it tends to be for specific events they think may happen (e.g. in certain places weather/flooding issues), not a generic policy that covers everything.

Just now, bluenova said:

Are you sure about that? I read a while back an interview with an insurance broker, and he said that very few festivals take out insurance for health emergencies. They all have some insurance, and may have cancellation insurance, but it tends to be for specific events they think may happen (e.g. in certain places weather/flooding issues), not a generic policy that covers everything.

I'm not 100% sure, but knowing that the city gives them A LOT OF MONEY for the making of the festival... their insurance should be really good, right????

24 minutes ago, sariris said:

I'm not 100% sure, but knowing that the city gives them A LOT OF MONEY for the making of the festival... their insurance should be really good, right????

The interview I read suggested hardly anyone had it. SXSW said they were covered for things like terrorist incidents and weather, but didn't have it for this. 

I can't see Mad Cool working if it's rescheduled. If the rumours of its booking reputation going down the shitter is true they would really struggling booking a full line up!

Hey guys I have a question. Coming from England and really don’t want to go now because of what’s going on, if the event is cancelled or rescheduled can we still get a refund? 

thank you 

If its cancelled you will get refund. If its only rescheduled - then probably no refund.

8 minutes ago, Andrej said:

If its cancelled you will get refund. If its only rescheduled - then probably no refund.

But surely if it’s rescheduled and people can’t go then that’s not our problem? We book it for  specific date? Doubt they would just cancel it never heard of that even Glastonbury is rescheduled, what do people think should I stop my monthly payments and loose what we have already paid? Just made deposit plus one payment btw (got 4 tickets) 

Did anyone get it through flex ticket and get the refund policy? 

They are saying that if its cancelled there will be no refund! Disgusting. 

6 hours ago, Milo2406 said:

Did anyone get it through flex ticket and get the refund policy? 

They are saying that if its cancelled there will be no refund! Disgusting. 

What!? Do you think I should cancel my next payments through my bank? How can they not refund wtf

15 hours ago, Swaydeto said:

But surely if it’s rescheduled and people can’t go then that’s not our problem? We book it for  specific date? Doubt they would just cancel it never heard of that even Glastonbury is rescheduled, what do people think should I stop my monthly payments and loose what we have already paid? Just made deposit plus one payment btw (got 4 tickets) 

Glastonbury is cancelled not rescheduled. 

On 3/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, sariris said:

Mad Cool gets most of its money from the city. Trust me, if it's money related, the festival will survive.

I would otherwise have guessed that festivals are low in the city's spending priority list right now.

2 minutes ago, -Roger- said:

I would otherwise have guessed that festivals are low in the city's spending priority list right now.

RIGHT NOW yes, but I'm sure that they received that money before they started planning Mad Cool 2020................ (waaaay before this situation started). It was an investment, after all.

What I meant is that yes, they'll probably lose money, but it'll probably be money that the city gave them to invest on the festival. It's not like other festivals, whose only income is the ticket sales.

On 3/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, sariris said:

If it's cancelled, they MUST give you a refund!!!!

Not according to their Terms of Ticket Sales: The total or partial cancellation of the event due to force majeure, in no case will result in the refund of the amount of the ticket.

2 minutes ago, -Roger- said:

Not according to their Terms of Ticket Sales: The total or partial cancellation of the event due to force majeure, in no case will result in the refund of the amount of the ticket.

that's so bad :( I think you should stop using flex ticket then...