Football 19/20

thetime

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

surely, if the commercial entity can't afford to pay the agreed money, it cannot be a fair-value deal...? ;) 

Where a commercial enterprise gets its funding from is nothing to do with UEFA. Since when have Etihad had to disclose its books to UEFA??

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

then I look forwards to to you condemning City for breaking the rules. :) 

The rules are bent as fuck anyway. Martin Samuel just summed it up right. City are on the wrong side of the rules but right side of the argument. 

I expect City to go after the rules in a proper court, even if they get off at CAS. They have refused to take a pinch this time. Lets see how UEFA's bent protection racket stands up in a proper court against an establishment with more money and better legal representation.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

True. But UEFA is not UK law.

But anyway, they despatched PwC to have a nosey thru the City accounts - as allowed by those FFP rules - and guess what?

UEFA have even better evidence than those 'hacked' emailed. 

We were talking about City losing their Premier League titles. The Premier League have to prove City have broken their rules to do so. Stolen emails could not be used in evidence in this country.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Then they can use the emails which shows the breaking of the rules.

Again you have no idea what the emails show. The emails show that someone named HH paid the cash to Etihad. HH is not Sheikh Mansour.

Also who is to say these emails have not been doctored? They were stolen. Is there any proof they are actually legitimate?

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Again you have no idea what the emails show. The emails show that someone named HH paid the cash to Etihad. HH is not Sheikh Mansour.

Also who is to say these emails have not been doctored? They were stolen. Is there any proof they are actually legitimate?

Reaching now.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Reaching now.

To be fair mate you have no idea what has gone on and you have done no research what so ever. You have just got yourself in a tither and copied shit off twitter. Any valid point i have made, you have had no riposte for.

Who do you support btw? 

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

To be fair mate you have no idea what has gone on and you have done no research what so ever. You have just got yourself in a tither and copied shit off twitter. Any valid point i have made, you have had no riposte for.

Who do you support btw? 

Wimbledon

You're coming from the assumption that it's all a big conspiracy against city. The facts speak for themselves. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Which is totally wrong. There is absolutely no evidence what do ever that Sheikh Mansour gave the money to Etihad. Not even the emails prove this. The emails say that HH gave the money to Etihad.

You also have no idea who David Conn is. He is an apparent City fan who has been negative about the ownership of City since the take over. He became pro FC United and was singing their praises as the model club till is was seen that their leadership was on the take, when he suddenly went quiet.

So as I said, you don't know any facts what so ever. You are just copy and pasting stuff off twitter or from sources within the media that are not exactly impartial.

Why don't you go and read the report that CAS produced the other day. A totallt impartial body who called the process of which City have been subjected to as worrying. 

Edited by eastynh

Some interesting little bits.

Uefa are saying city overstretched their sponsorships from 2012 - 2016. During this time period City's accounts were placed under extra scrutiny by UEFA as a result of breaches. Why was any misdemeanor not picked up then by their auditors, who signed City's accounts off as being in order?

Also the crux of UEFA's case is that Etihad did not fund all the cash for their sponsorship of City. They are alleging that stolen emails show that someone named HH funded the extra. Now HH is the ruler or UAE. All other Sheikhs are referred to  as His Excellency.

Now What is the difference between that situation and the fact that United sponsors had money pumped into them by the Amercian government when they were struggling?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-gm-treasury/u-s-government-says-it-lost-11-2-billion-on-gm-bailout-idUSBREA3T0MR20140430

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

I would be surprised if it came to that. But then equally if they're looking at stripping points just from the seasons this argument covers (2012-16), then I guess that is the headline grabbing season to target. Especially given UEFA's initial punishment of fine and squad reduction for UEFA competitions came in May 2014, so it would be about right.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Chemical Easty.

You have come up with absolutely nothing to counter anything I have said. Put nothing forward for disscussion and contributed nothing of worth. Just a totally uncalled for snide little dig. 

If you disagee with anything I have put them explain why, in a rational manner. Surely thats the whole point in a forum? You can't as you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by eastynh

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I would be surprised if it came to that. But then equally if they're looking at stripping points just from the seasons this argument covers (2012-16), then I guess that is the headline grabbing season to target. Especially given UEFA's initial punishment of fine and squad reduction for UEFA competitions came in May 2014, so it would be about right.

How are they going to strip points? City have not failed any premier league FFP.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

How are they going to strip points? City have not failed any premier league FFP.

I believe that it is mentioned the PL and UEFA cross over in the things that underpin their respective FFP plans.

I doubt the Premier League really wants to join in on the bashing as Man City are a club with superstars, big money and a reputation, and the league wants as much of that as possible. But they have to at least have a look in the wake of such a huge thing. They've been doing their own investigations and they run on a similar basis, so they at least have to look into the possibility its worth that. Even if historically, they've been less aggressive than the EFL, who seem to regularly dock points or fine Championship clubs for overspending.

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I believe that it is mentioned the PL and UEFA cross over in the things that underpin their respective FFP plans.

I doubt the Premier League really wants to join in on the bashing as Man City are a club with superstars, big money and a reputation, and the league wants as much of that as possible. But they have to at least have a look in the wake of such a huge thing. They've been doing their own investigations and they run on a similar basis, so they at least have to look into the possibility its worth that. Even if historically, they've been less aggressive than the EFL, who seem to regularly dock points or fine Championship clubs for overspending.

The FA were investigating the leaks which suggested City had made an irregular payment to the agent of Jadon Sancho. They investigated it and found no evidence. It seems City were far more helpful towards the FA in comparison to UEFA, who they basically just told to fuck off and we will see you in court.

In regards to the premier league,  FFP is nowhere near as stringent and at present there is no evidence to suggest City have broken any rules what so ever. Yes they are taking a look at it but most media outlets seem to be suggesting that sanctions like stripping titles are well wide of the mark.

All the furore regarding stripping of titles has originated from the Daily Mail. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

You have come up with absolutely nothing to counter anything I have said. Put nothing forward for disscussion and contributed nothing of worth. Just a totally uncalled for snide little dig. 

If you disagee with anything I have put them explain why, in a rational manner. Surely thats the whole point in a forum? You can't as you have no idea what you are talking about.

Easty i genuinely think youre a sound lad. Peace.