Who to see Wednesday / Thursday?

Fish Bulb

2 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Any clues who the Live Bands will be at Williams Green on the Thursday evening?

No idea but always worth checking them out. Saw Bastille in 2013 or 15... 

Otherwise Massaoke WG on the Thursday will be fun. 

Wednesday is settling in, meeting folks and having a wander around SE Corner and the new stuff on site. (at which stage I already know that's a very full on program and super weather dependent) 

1 hour ago, Joe Shez said:

Anyone here seen tankus the henge live? I’ve listened to them a bit since the Avalon announcement and enjoyed a lot, they seem like they would be fun live

Their 9pm truth stage slot looks tempting for an early start in the SE corner on Thursday 

Yes, they are brilliant, seen them quite a few times, the lead singer, Jaz,  has so much energy, he has a smoking piano and does some high kick jumps off of it, they certainly get the crowd going. Recommend   

28A40E8F-28D5-4CFE-BE45-CE54743FBC17.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe Shez said:

Anyone here seen tankus the henge live? I’ve listened to them a bit since the Avalon announcement and enjoyed a lot, they seem like they would be fun live

Their 9pm truth stage slot looks tempting for an early start in the SE corner on Thursday 

49 minutes ago, Watchy said:

Yes, they are brilliant, seen them quite a few times, the lead singer, Jaz,  has so much energy, he has a smoking piano and does some high kick jumps off of it, they certainly get the crowd going. Recommend   

28A40E8F-28D5-4CFE-BE45-CE54743FBC17.jpeg

Ignore me - I was thinking of Henge not Tankus the Henge! Doh!

Edited by Beerqueen

There's a fair few acts i wouldn't mind seeing around the South East Corner on the Thursday, Denzel Curry being the main one. What is it like getting into on a Thursday?  

On the Fri/Sat/Sun when the headliners finish it seems 90% of the festival try to get in which causes chaos, on Thursday you won't have the post-headliner effect i guess. So is it easier to get in?  I'm imagining it being absolutely rammed to be honest.

16 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

There's a fair few acts i wouldn't mind seeing around the South East Corner on the Thursday, Denzel Curry being the main one. What is it like getting into on a Thursday?  

On the Fri/Sat/Sun when the headliners finish it seems 90% of the festival try to get in which causes chaos, on Thursday you won't have the post-headliner effect i guess. So is it easier to get in?  I'm imagining it being absolutely rammed to be honest.

I’ve thought that for Thursday night, but in 16 I’ve been at the Truth stage for Correspondents and Kate Tempest, and then Napalm Death in 17 - both times without too much prep. Got there an hour before they started, had a beer, mooched around and then got pretty central. Lots of people go to Williams Green I think, the Truth is a bit quieter. 

Edited by balti-pie
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I’ve thought that for Thursday night, but in 16 I’ve been at the Truth stage for Correspondents and Kate Tempest, and then Napalm Death in 17 - both times without too much prep. Got there an hour before they started, had a beer, mooched around and then got pretty central. Lots of people go to Williams Green I think, the Truth is a bit quieter. 

Nice one, that's exactly what i wanted to hear. Cheers for the reply.

It seems that the options for Thursday have grown and grown over the 10/11 years i've been going. Can never remember there being too much choice before, anything decent was absolutely packed. Looking at this years line up for Thursday and there is tonnes!