Sign in to follow this  
pothead pixie

Electric Picnic 2019

So who do we reckon will play? I’ll take a first stab at :-

The 1975,  Smashing Pumpkins, Groove Armada, Tears For Fears, Tame Impala, Jess Glynne, Primal Scream, James, Post Malone, Bastille, Charli XCX, Mura Masa, Pale Waves, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Franz Ferdinand, The Streets, Ronnie Spector 

Edited by Shanndy

34 minutes ago, Shanndy said:

So who do we reckon will play? I’ll take a first stab at :-

The 1975,  Smashing Pumpkins, Groove Armada, Tears For Fears, Tame Impala, Jess Glynne, Primal Scream, James, Post Malone, Bastille, Charli XCX, Mura Masa, Pale Waves, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Franz Ferdinand, The Streets, Ronnie Spector 

Headliners

Muse (wishful thinking but no Irish date on tour), the 1975, Post Malone, Tame Impala, Florence

Undercard

Idles, Mitski, Beirut, spritualized, royal blood, basement jaxx, Anderson paak, serpentwithfeet, Yves Tumor (comfirmed), bodega, giorgio moroder, jorja Smith, the streets, Whitney, pond.

I'd guess:

Florence & The Machine - The 1975 - Tame Impala - Post Malone
The Streets - Anderson Paak - Robyn - Franz Ferdinand

Not sure who is in the running for dance or retro acts this year

So the announcement is next Wednesday, just noticed The Flaming Lips have announced The Soft Bulletin tour for early September and no Irish date, surely they’ll be turning up in Stradbally?

Edited by Shanndy

The Flaming Lips would be a welcome booking.

Judging by other headliners doing  the summer festival circuit, we could well get The Cure. I suspect Hozier and/or Snow Patrol could be booked as well.

We usually get quite a few of the acts playing the End of The Road festival the same weekend and some of the acts there include: Beirut, Metronomy, Spiritualized, Courtney Barnett, Jarvis Cocker, Low, Goat Girl and Lets Eat Grandma.

Other possibilities include: Tame Impala; Royal Blood, Foals, Oh Sees, Christine & The Queens,Gogol Bordello, Anderson.Paak, Eels, Sharon Van Etten, Aphex Twin, James Blake, Johnny Marr, Robyn, John Grant and The Waterboys

My wish list would include The Specials, Anna Calvi, Ibibio Sound Machine, She Drew the Gun, Confidence Man, Cat Power, Steve Mason, Suede and Kraftwerk.

Of course, FR could avoid booking most of the top alternative acts, as they have done in the past couple of years, and go for the more commercial acts. Which has made for rather disappointing line-ups as far as I'm concerned. But I live in hope. We'll see tomorrow.