Wireless 2019

TheWaters

15 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah that too, not big enough at all. Got a new album dropping when he's out apparently so maybe next year lmao

Exactly... He's probably the last headliner the local area would be happy for, imagine the outrage once they find anything about him ffs hahaha 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Honestly not a clue, I'd always assumed he had though as he never officially left. 

If he hasn't performed with them in year then yeah BBK is definitely a shout.

Doubt it, he had to pull out last year because he was arrested and they surely wouldn't book him to headline with a sentencing still to come. Now he's been given 8 months I think? Wireless wouldn't have took the risk in booking him.

Lined up was the key phrase, not necessarily booked.

46 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Not even sure what warrants a J Hus headline either.

He’s probably the biggest British act who hasn’t done it before (Stormzy/Skepta/BBK), especially in terms of crossover. On the back of a new record, he will be pushed everywhere, especially at Wireless.

4 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Lined up was the key phrase, not necessarily booked.

He’s probably the biggest British act who hasn’t done it before (Stormzy/Skepta/BBK), especially in terms of crossover. On the back of a new record, he will be pushed everywhere, especially at Wireless.

I'd say Ghetts, Kano are the two biggest UK grime artists who haven't headlined the festival who people would much prefer to see... 

1 hour ago, iFirework said:

What do you reckon the chances of ASAP would be? I reckon he'd be an appealing headliner to many

Rocky. Read back a bit.

43 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

you're telling me london crowd would prefer hus to the two biggest lyrical legends?

dear me ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Give me Ghetts any day over Giggs or whoever but he was about sixth down the 1Xtra stage at Reading. Kano would be substantially bigger but still not a headliner.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Rocky. Read back a bit.

Give me Ghetts any day over Giggs or whoever but he was about sixth down the 1Xtra stage at Reading. Kano would be substantially bigger but still not a headliner.

I'd probably smack everyone if Ghetts was on the main stage. would probably drop my mum at home for hype sakes 

• Upvote 1

Ruisrock is the same weekend and Future & Travis are on the bill.

Only festival I've seen that weekend with Travis headlining, sadly the festival doesn't state which date he's on. Well either tbh, makes me think more 

Travis- Sat

Cardi B x Future - Sun 

11 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Ruisrock is the same weekend and Future & Travis are on the bill.

Only festival I've seen that weekend with Travis headlining, sadly the festival doesn't state which date he's on. Well either tbh, makes me think more 

Travis- Sat

Cardi B x Future - Sun 

Who do you think will headline Friday based on that?

https://www.iq-mag.net/2019/01/festival-republic-withdraws-appeal-wireless-licensing/?fbclid=IwAR39_Te5vn1CIdbTl0QzT1lIU6V70k3aFCoUK9-_4LT7PsUwjsX0gXpjj-s#.XDiiJCGnx-F

Festival Republic has withdrawn an appeal lodged in November with Haringey Council regarding licensing restrictions for this year’s Wireless festival. The new restrictions demand reduced noise levels and a final night 9.30pm curfew for the festival

Just now, JBarbour said:

https://www.iq-mag.net/2019/01/festival-republic-withdraws-appeal-wireless-licensing/?fbclid=IwAR39_Te5vn1CIdbTl0QzT1lIU6V70k3aFCoUK9-_4LT7PsUwjsX0gXpjj-s#.XDiiJCGnx-F

Festival Republic has withdrawn an appeal lodged in November with Haringey Council regarding licensing restrictions for this year’s Wireless festival. The new restrictions demand reduced noise levels and a final night 9.30pm curfew for the festival

SO Friday /Saturday are still ok with the festival ending at 10/10:30 Pm but Sunday gets shorter again.

Which is ok, so that definitely means to me the last headliner doesn't give a fuck about lights & effects (Cardi B  ) 

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They don’t have to adhere to the thing about obscene language and revealing clothing, do they?

I'm pretty sure that's in place. They fought recently for the sound levels, which was accepted but Sunday cut shorter by like 30mins

Such a petty battle with the Finsbury people who just seem like massive twats.

They really need to move next year, it can really affect them if they continue 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Lil Uzi Vert has made an Instagram post saying that he is done with music and wants to be ‘normal’ like he was in 2013 before he started getting famous. 

Honestly convinced it’s a publicity stunt for releasing Eternal Atake after the past 8 months of building up hype.

i really hope so anyway I fuckin love Uzi

2 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Sure they would've got Capital to hype if it was.

I'm thinking it'll be announced Thursday. With them pausing ticket sales till Friday 

I see what you mean, but with the tweet on Friday hyping it, it being announced on Monday last year with no warning, I have a feeling tomorrow may be it!

5 minutes ago, iFirework said:

I see what you mean, but with the tweet on Friday hyping it, it being announced on Monday last year with no warning, I have a feeling tomorrow may be it!

could definitely be, but wasn't last year announced after pay day for people? so Next Friday/Monday would be the most logical ??‍♂️

I just need to know for certain Travis is Saturday