TheWaters

Wireless 2019

22 minutes ago, stanh said:

yehhh init.

travis and cardi in my opinion are set in stone, then the third slot is up for grabs with a few different artists i think - i am defo doubting kanye or ksg considering the faf he caused with Coachella

was hoping Kanye was the last slot as well with KSG being a UK exclusive. 

as long as Travis is on the bill I'm happy, I thought he'd bring the astroworld tour for March but did another leg in America.

my hope is as they try and use a UK act to headline, and it being Kano.

personally, i don't think Kano would sell well, however, he did pull a pretty large crowd at Boardmasters.

right now i think it'll be someone out of Future, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne (?) and maybe Drake - but not too sure on him. would however be pretty mint to see Kids See Ghosts or Kanye with his new material, but not too sure on if he wants to be 'artistic' or whatever if he were to be a potential headliner. 

drake and travis scott though almost definitely will each have their own UK tours this year, with drake already teasing Europe on his insta.

i think we will see some repeat bookings lower down the bill like Lil Pump etc.

then i think acts like AJ Tracey, Fredo, Sza, Jorja Smith, Stefflon Don, 21 Savage, Gunna, Lil Baby and Sheck Wes are more than likely to appear. i think they will try and book a few more female acts this year given the bad press last year, but, its hard for them to book loadsa female acts in a very male-dominated genre. 

edit: could The Carters do it? would be a massive booking, but would definitely go down very well at Wireless

Edited by stanh

10 minutes ago, stanh said:

personally, i don't think Kano would sell well, however, he did pull a pretty large crowd at Boardmasters.

right now i think it'll be someone out of Future, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne (?) and maybe Drake - but not too sure on him. would however be pretty mint to see Kids See Ghosts or Kanye with his new material, but not too sure on if he wants to be 'artistic' or whatever if he were to be a potential headliner. 

drake and travis scott though almost definitely will each have their own UK tours this year, with drake already teasing Europe on his insta.

i think we will see some repeat bookings lower down the bill like Lil Pump etc.

then i think acts like AJ Tracey, Fredo, Sza, Jorja Smith, Stefflon Don, 21 Savage, Gunna, Lil Baby and Sheck Wes are more than likely to appear. i think they will try and book a few more female acts this year given the bad press last year, but, its hard for them to book loadsa female acts in a very male-dominated genre. 

edit: could The Carters do it? would be a massive booking, but would definitely go down very well at Wireless

Carter's would be a huge couple for Wireless I just think it would be too expensive.

drakes tour is meant to be announced this month was delayed a few weeks ago, can't see him this year after doing Sunday last year last minute.

Travis is happening he's in Europe that month. Guessing soon as he's done that Europe tour for winter will be announced.

yeah for the first time I'm struggling to see who can headline.

Fri- ASAP Rocky 

Sat - Travis

Sun - Cardi x someone else 

i reckon Cardi will outright headline but with a 'co-headliner' billed as a special guest, perhaps Future?

Drake could easily still do it though, as he hardly headlined last year as he was on for literally 20-odd minutes, but then again I think he will want the hype around his own tour charging at least £80 a ticket.

Travis may as well be confirmed now though, otherwise, this year is cancelled imo😂

Asap Rocky i did originally think could do it, but i think he will do Lovebox - he could do both? unless Lovebox want him as a UK exclusive. 

1 hour ago, stanh said:

you do realise he headlined last year? 

he isn't at wireless this year.

Right I see maybe it could be childsh gambilo

4 minutes ago, jj200 said:

he's a fair shout tbf!

does anyone know if he's doing APE as i think he was rumoured for there as well. but it wouldn't surprise me if he did APE, Wireless and Parklife. 

13 hours ago, jj200 said:

I have a feeling he's Longitude exclusive 

I don't think this has been posted in here yet, and I know him being on the Germany lineup basically guaranteed it, but Tim Westwood confirmed Travis will be a headliner this year when he DJ'd at Skepta's London show in December. 

Edited by lukey720

3 minutes ago, lukey720 said:

I don't think this has been posted in here yet, and I know him being on the Germany lineup basically guaranteed it, but Tim Westwood confirmed Travis will be a headliner this year when he DJ'd at Skepta's London show in December. 

Do you have source or any footage of this?

Edited by iFirework

32 minutes ago, lukey720 said:

need source, it's definitely happening regardless

Saturday gonna be a madness

Wish they make it a Astrofest sort of thing 

14 minutes ago, iFirework said:

What's everyone's predicted lineup so far?

Headliners: Travis Scott, Cardi B & someone else

Others (in no order): Lil Baby, Gunna, Sheck Wes, Stefflon Don, Jorja Smith, Aj Tracey, Fredo, Lil Pump, 21 Savage, Lil Uzi Vert, Future, Sza, Juice Wrld, Trippie Redd, Slowthai, $uicidboy$, Aminé, Kodak Black, Rich The Kid and PnB Rock

1 hour ago, iFirework said:

What's everyone's predicted lineup so far?

exactly what Stanh said.

that last headliner is hard to guess. so many artists it could be. would've said giggs as he's just announced an album in the last 10mins but he co headlined last year 

I doubt it's Childish

I think the other headliner will just be someone they’re bumping up the bill tbh. If it isn’t Childish or ASAP my best guess would be Future; only time will tell I guess. 

What's super sad is, Wireless can see that fake line up and ain't coming out to dismiss it.

People are buying tickets based on that. Ok, people are dumb as hell to go off it, but they should be coming out and saying something

19 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

they should be coming out and saying something

why? They publish their own info on their own platforms.

And there's endless fake posters for loads of different festivals. They'd spend all their time denying stuff, and if they somehow missed denying one their previous denials would have everyone thinking it was genuine. 

It's much better left alone, with them controlling what they control and ignoring what they don't and can't.

If people are really buying cos of that fake then I guess they'll learn a valuable lesson about the inherent faults with social meeja.

2 hours ago, TGCarr said:

What's super sad is, Wireless can see that fake line up and ain't coming out to dismiss it.

People are buying tickets based on that. Ok, people are dumb as hell to go off it, but they should be coming out and saying something

if anything though, its shifting tickets which can only be good for them

58 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Doubt it tho really.

quite a few people i know and mutuals on twitter have bought tickets based on that, shameful but has happened and im sure others have also fallen for it

23 hours ago, iFirework said:

Do you have source or any footage of this?

22 hours ago, TGCarr said:

need source, it's definitely happening regardless

Saturday gonna be a madness

Wish they make it a Astrofest sort of thing 

No footage but I was there so I heard it with my own ears if that's good enough haha.

1 hour ago, lukey720 said:

No footage but I was there so I heard it with my own ears if that's good enough haha.

I believe you haha 

it's inevitable now, I really want to book Saturday tickets now but he could also headline Sunday 

4 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I believe you haha 

it's inevitable now, I really want to book Saturday tickets now but he could also headline Sunday 

I would imagine he'd do the Saturday, but I guess he could do the Sunday, but Friday is unlikely. 

Friday has been the smaller headliner in the last couple years hasn't it? Or just less mainstream anyway (Chance at the time in 2017 and Cole last year compared to Stormzy/DJ Khaled (Drake) ) so shouldn't be Travis. I'd imagine if it's Travis, Cardi and someone like Future, Rocky, etc. then it would be one of the latter to do the Friday (Not saying either are small or not mainstream, but they deffo have less commercial appeal than Travis and Cardi right now). Cheaper tickets, easier to shift them for the weaker headliner.

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Friday has been the smaller headliner in the last couple years hasn't it? Or just less mainstream anyway (Chance at the time in 2017 and Cole last year compared to Stormzy/DJ Khaled (Drake) ) so shouldn't be Travis. I'd imagine if it's Travis, Cardi and someone like Future, Rocky, etc. then it would be one of the latter to do the Friday (Not saying either are small or not mainstream, but they deffo have less commercial appeal than Travis and Cardi right now). Cheaper tickets, easier to shift them for the weaker headliner.

Definitely that's why ASAP Rocky seems reasonable for Friday.

Saturday - Travis 

Sunday - Cardi with someone else 

15 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Definitely that's why ASAP Rocky seems reasonable for Friday.

Saturday - Travis 

Sunday - Cardi with someone else 

ASAP Rocky was a second stage headliner at Parklife this year. Doesn’t seem like a reasonable headliner at all.

Anyway, if it’s Cardi and Travis for the other two then they’ll surely have a British act for the other one. I would think a lot of people at Wireless will be more into the British scene than anything and would be disappointed with three American names.